azeri98

Luis Castillo 2018 Outlook

Exceedingly frustrating to watch a guy dominate, and then unravel... again, and again, and again... and again... and again and again.

Maybe the Red should just let him pitch 4 innings and I'll handcuff their fireman for the win.

• Haha 1

Where's all the great analysis now it seems like the Reds tinkered with him and solved it now what's the problem they can't fix him again I'm not sure what to do at this point with him lot of potential to give up on

1 minute ago, Philoumenos said:

It's his last stand for me today.

As for me, sadly...

Posted (edited)

Metrics don't win fantasy leagues. He stinks 

Edited by evillaw4eva
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Probably the same with me.  I am not expecting much today or with his next start against the Pirates. 

1 minute ago, evillaw4eva said:

Metrics don't win fantasy leagues. He stinks 

Obviously it all depends on your league settings of course. If the metrics paint a hopeful sign, and you're in a deep keeper/dynasty setting, you hold. 

But for people in shallower formats with stuff available on the wire, he's got to do something to prove his value today. At this point I'd rather use his bench spot for a stud prospect honestly.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Philoumenos said:

Obviously it all depends on your league settings of course. If the metrics paint a hopeful sign, and you're in a deep keeper/dynasty setting, you hold. 

But for people in shallower formats with stuff available on the wire, he's got to do something to prove his value today. At this point I'd rather use his bench spot for a stud prospect honestly.

I would venture to say he's a hold regardless, his fastball needs to get back to 97-98

[ Use the game day thread for play-by-play commentary. ]

so much potential there with Castillo. he did give up the 5 runs, but only 4 H and 3 BB in 6 IP. along with that he had 10 K's.

I'm out at this point. His strikeout stuff is great, but he doesn't seem to have the grit to actually finish off batters. He gets ahead, wastes awful pitches and then gives up stupid contact and runs.

• Like 1

Didn’t watch the game. Looked like he made one bad pitch to Molina with the bags full? If that’s the case, the WHIP and the Ks were first class. The ERA.....well no one said he’s the next JFer anyway, so.....Hopefully a step in the right direction . He did throw 110 pitches so he’s got some bulldog in him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chickie said:

Didn’t watch the game. Looked like he made one bad pitch to Molina with the bags full? If that’s the case, the WHIP and the Ks were first class. The ERA.....well no one said he’s the next JFer anyway, so.....Hopefully a step in the right direction . He did throw 110 pitches so he’s got some bulldog in him.

Many many pitches yanked into the left hand batter's box.  The HR's shouldnt have been hit, he walked the pitcher, didnt look good at all. 

24 minutes ago, Chickie said:

I don't see how you can get this from what happened. 

He walked the pitcher, gave up a single, walked another batter and then gave up a double to Molina. That's not just "one bad pitch," it was a sequence of poor pitching and not buckling down to finish off his opponents.

Hardly what I'd call a "bulldog" performance.

The fact that they let Castillo throw 110 in a 5-0 led me to the opposite of bulldog and to a just eat some innings even if you get era bombed.

He reminds me of Michael Pineda.  Strong advanced metrics but enough blowups that he is worth less than it might appear.

RIP....I’m done. Another poor decision by me, listening to Nick Pollock, about how good both Castillo and Godley are.