azeri98

Luis Castillo 2018 Outlook

The Mets are pretty terrible offensively, and Castillo had his velocity back in his last start against the Brewers. If you sit him, you deserve to lose. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

The Mets are pretty terrible offensively, and Castillo had his velocity back in his last start against the Brewers. If you sit him, you deserve to lose. 

Or, I don't know, maybe you have five pitchers who haven't looked like total a** up until this point

Edited by justinkrezzy

2 hours ago, dkrocka said:

1 hour ago, rrrrich46 said:

I'm starting him with confidence. This is the start that we've been waiting on. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I am also starting. Go get 'em, Luis.

^ Me four.  Let's do this....

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LJJr said:

^ Me four.  Let's do this....

Make me five. Let's rock fellas.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Make me five. Let's rock fellas.

buckle up lol

• Haha 1

I'm a Mets fan and starting him. Only players that make you think right now on that team are Cespedes and Cabrera. 

AGon and Bruce have been okay at best, Conforto and Rosario disappointing.  Then you have the bottom 3 of the order in Reyes, Lido and Vargas and it's shaping up to get back on track for Castillo. 

He's got such a weird demeanor on the mound. It's like "I don't know how I got here but I should probably keep acting like I know what I'm doing"

• Haha 3

Anyone watch the start?  Saw he dealt through 5 and stumbled in the 6th.  Still only one walk and 7 punchouts with definite progress in pitch count.  Will someone who watched recap?

He was fantastic.  Throwing hard and his changeup was real good.  Hung a slider to Flores for the HR.  Got squeezed a bit on the Cespedes walk.  Embarassing that he was pulled at 81 pitches, and shows why the Reds are a joke.

5 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Needless run charged because Garrett is completely terrible

This isn't the Garrett thread and I'm sure you're acting with emotion but Garrett has a 1.96 era with a .98 WHIP in 15 appearances this year. Don't think I'd consider that terrible. 

1 minute ago, Tugginroot said:

Meh 

lol meh...the guy had a no hitter through 4 i think? 7 ks, I'll take another positive start for the guy.

• Like 3

Announcers rationalized the quick hook by pointing to "body language." Granted, he did put his hands on his head after walking Cespedes. I actually don't hate the move. He had a good night, and I can see why they'd want to protect his confidence after a shaky past few weeks.

FB was at 95-96, but most of the swings and misses were on offspeed pitches in the zone. Mostly weak contact but did see a few loud outs. All things considered, this was an undeniably encouraging start.

Edited by amcsoldier
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

lol meh...the guy had a no hitter through 4 i think? 7 ks, I'll take another positive start for the guy.

Let's remeber who this start was against and who wasn't playing.   Pretty garbage lineup and he couldn't throw more than 81 pitches.  Step in the right direction, but I think if he didn't do well in this start, most of us are talking drop city.  

1 minute ago, amcsoldier said:

Announcers rationalized the quick hook by pointing to "body language." Granted, he did put his hands on his head after walking Cespedes. I actually don't hate the move. He had a great nice, and I can see why they'd want to protect his confidence.

Saw mostly 95-96, but most of the swings and misses were on offspeed pitches in the zone. Mostly weak contact but did see a few loud outs. All things considered, this was an undeniably encouraging start.

Absolutely.  Seems like most of his problems atm are between the ears.  He's still down a couple ticks from last year, but he touched 97 and can get by w/ that just fine if he can control it.

Pulling him at 5&2/3 w/ 80 something PC sucks for QS owners such as myself, but long term giving him the hook and not letting him get blown up is a good call.  He could have just as easily walked another and served up a grand slam.

• Like 3

Hey, it could be worse.

He's not Dylan Bundy.

Edited by UberRebel
  • Sad 1

Patience is rewarded...aaaaaand I accidentally left him on my bench. I'm happy he's turned it around though. 

Hook was good move, they lefted him too long couple of starts ago, he was losing zone a bit and there is no need to shake his confidence any more.

Very very positive start.

• Like 1