azeri98

Luis Castillo 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, street sharks said:

Numbers since fixing his arm angle

MYVLnCX.png

That's 300 k's over a full year. Easily.

Pedestrian. Made sure he wasn’t getting that W today. No way no how. Just lapses constantly

16 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Pedestrian. Made sure he wasn’t getting that W today. No way no how. Just lapses constantly

pedestrian today - but you draft a guy like castillo for the season long upside - he didn't get obliterated today and the overall arrow is pointing up.

if you were expecting smooth sailing from April to September with a young, unproven product like castillo i dont know what to tell you.

• Like 1

He was getting boned the umpire's inconsistent zone today. Not excusing the walks but yeah. 

Also I was hesitant to sit him because the Cubs are really starting to heat up. The earned run got on by the dumbest bloop single. He pitched well outside of the walks. Got grounders when he needed them. Bryant was the only one who gave him trouble it seemed like, and he struck him out when he had 2 runners on.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, street sharks said:

He was getting boned the umpire's inconsistent zone today. Not excusing the walks but yeah. 

Also I was hesitant to sit him because the Cubs are really starting to heat up. The earned run got on by the dumbest bloop single. He pitched well outside of the walks. Got grounders when he needed them. Bryant was the only one who gave him trouble it seemed like, and he struck him out when he had 2 runners on.

Very helpful, thanks

53 minutes ago, street sharks said:

No he was not. First 4 innings I watched not a single call was wrong. The ump was extreamly accurate.
Castillo totally sucked. He was all over the place, and was lucky that all those runners were left on base.
I have no idea what game you watched.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, JCD said:

No he was not. First 4 innings I watched not a single call was wrong. The ump was extreamly accurate.
Castillo totally sucked. He was all over the place, and was lucky that all those runners were left on base.
I have no idea what game you watched.

Have to agree here. Castillo owner and watched the game. Yeah the umpire called a couple of strikes as balls and there was a bloop hit, but Castillo wasn’t close with a lot of pitches. Little off his game today.

• Like 1

If anything this start is encouraging.  He didnt have his best stuff or really anything close to it.  He at least got thru 5 without blowing up.  Thats progress for a young SP.  If this was April, he probably implodes and gives up 6+ runs.

• Like 2

He gave Cubs a truck load of runners and still came out of jams every inning without having his best stuff today. I"ll take that as a positive and move on.

2 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Anyone starting today? 

Pirates are somehow top 5 in avg, obp, and ops...

I'm throwing him out there. Go get 'em, Luis.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Pirates lineup today is pretty bad, still would be nervous though.

No reason to be nervous. The kid is going off today. 

7IP, 3H, 1ER, 10K.

22 minutes ago, MugsyBogues said:

No reason to be nervous. The kid is going off today. 

7IP, 3H, 1ER, 10K.

I’m benching because I’m in a really close era/whip battle with my opponent and I prefer some other pitching matchups I have.

Otherwise, I’d start.

6 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

I’m benching because I’m in a really close era/whip battle with my opponent and I prefer some other pitching matchups I have.

Otherwise, I’d start.

Against a pirates lineup with no marte? Lol U deserve to lose this week if polanco and bell scare you more than your other matchups.

Edited by dkrocka
  • Confused 1

Went a little deeper...

In May, pirates are dead last in strikeouts and 3rd in OPS.

I think I'm benching today in roto. Starting him in h2h cause why tf not.

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

Went a little deeper...

In May, pirates are dead last in strikeouts and 3rd in OPS.

I think I'm benching today in roto. Starting him in h2h cause why tf not.

15 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Otherwise, I’d start.

tenor.gif?itemid=5356481

• Like 1

7 hours ago, street sharks said:

Anyone starting today? 

Pirates are somehow top 5 in avg, obp, and ops...

I'm starting him, but only because Godley basically lost me my pitching this week anyways. Might as well see if I can get some strikeouts.

16 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Against a pirates lineup with no marte? Lol U deserve to lose this week if polanco and bell scare you more than your other matchups.

I have two more matchups with San Diego this week and a matchup with Arizona.  So yes, the Pirates scare me more than those.

Thanks for your solid input though.  Btw Bell and Polanco aren’t in the lineup today.  It’s cool if you want to show your arse and post, but at least get your facts right.

• Haha 1

Friggin Pirates and Marlins. I always figure they are easy teams to stream against then they blow my guy up. 

Flip the script Luis! 

18 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Schebler in center today instead of Bham image.png.90e687691d3016bc776cac0aa09911e4.png

Guy looks completely lost out there.

44 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Schebler in center today instead of Bham image.png.90e687691d3016bc776cac0aa09911e4.png

Is that a 4k HD emoji?