azeri98

Luis Castillo 2018 Outlook

he's been bad.

come on Luis Castillo, why you no be better.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

he's been bad.

come on Luis Castillo, why you no be better.

Sucks he's a Red, gonna have to figure it out on his own.  Comeon Dodgers, come get him.

He gonna be on my bench till 2019 at this rate.

[Removed Cool Story] [M]aybe I'm an idiot I dunno but I'm gonna ride or die with Castillo this season

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Just dropped Castillo [Removed Cool Story]. I can’t envision anyone picking up Castillo in a redraft League. And if they do, are they gonna start him? Let’s just call this a lost season for Castillo. Maybe he reinvents himself in 2019: Circa 2017? At this point, let someone else find out.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story -- "Dropped for X" is league/format specific and needs to go elsewhere

Le sigh. 5 2/3. Hit Baez on the tip of a knuckle (maybe...it was a very close play and they didn't overturn the replay) and that was his day. So close to a QS but a solid outing nonetheless.

You know you guys can't quit Castillo so don't even try. You will all be back here next start for more abuse

Edited by Dr. Whom
  • Like 1

I’ve got cheap keeper shares so I’m along for the ride, but if you’re starting him vs the Cubs what did you really expect?  Gotta pick your spots with Castillo. 

He looked decent tonight. Bad ump though, as well as some spotty fielding. Luis was in his wind up and he granted Zobrist a time out. Pretty bad call that lead to Castillo getting the hook. His change was filthy so I'll take this as a positive. Baby steps  at this point with Luis.

Edited by Jmadtown
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ragrag said:

I’ve got cheap keeper shares so I’m along for the ride, but if you’re starting him vs the Cubs what did you really expect?  Gotta pick your spots with Castillo. 

So far that spot is 2017. ??

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

You know you guys can't quit Castillo so don't even try. You will all be back here next start for more abuse

guys who win won't, believe me.

6 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Interesting. I guess I need to notify most of my teams and let ‘em know they shouldn’t be winning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

His potential value varies depending on investment and type of league. He was one of my keepers but has been benched for like 8 weeks straight.

If he was anything close to projections it's a no brainer to keep him. That being said there is a short bench in this league and I generally stash prospects there, and one SP to rotate in based on matchups. 

He has been (basically) dead weight all season, I can't afford that regardless of what he did in 2017. Maybe he finds whatever is missing, maybe not. It wasnt an essy decision to cut him loose.

7 hours ago, mevins31 said:

In my 14 team league the best pitchers on the wire are guys like Jordan Lyles...so ya in deeper leagues it would be moronic to drop someone like Castillo in favor of some scrub streamers. I'm sure this is the case for many even in 12 team leagues. He's a super easy hold and I am still getting trade offers for him in my league. 

13 minutes ago, richg24 said:

In my 14 team league the best pitchers on the wire are guys like Jordan Lyles...so ya in deeper leagues it would be moronic to drop someone like Castillo in favor of some scrub streamers. I'm sure this is the case for many even in 12 team leagues. He's a super easy hold and I am still getting trade offers for him in my league. 

In a 14 teamer I would have kept him. Mine is a 10 teamer, generally some SPs ranked 50-70 available, and the top callups. 

He will have a few outstanding performances throughout the season but good luck figuring out when those will happen.

• Thanks 1

I mean in 18 team leagues sure, hold the guy. In your conventional leagues that 90% of guys play in he’s gonna Help you finish 7th

imploded again. I really think this guy has the skills and will be a good pitcher someday, but man does he need to learn how to pitch still. Needs a good pitching coach. Hard to trust reds pitchers recently. 

Not a mathematician, but I wonder what the odds are to give up 5 consecutive singles.

The kid has good stuff, but lacks command and polish.  Just misses over the middle far too often.

At this point, I question the mental aspect of his game too.  Seems like his implosions all start with a BB and he just goes downhill from there.  Seems like he just cant handle any type of high leverage situation at all.

• Like 1

Castillo with a strong 4 in 4