JeterPimpedUrGF

Kluber Dynasty Trade Help Please

I just traded for Kluber in an 18 Team Dynasty league I'm in. I gave R.Ray, A.Sanchez and D.Bundy for him. It's tough to give so many arms in such a deep league. 18 teams, 28 man rosters, 13 man MiLB rosters. But my team is especially deep in pitching. I don't particularly trust the health of Bundy long term, Sanchez short term, and I don't like Ray's home/road splits, his high hard hit rate and his very lucky BABIP last season. He should have been more in line with a 3.50 ERA and a 1.30 WHIP. WHIP has always been his issue and his homepark scares me. Those are my reasons for doing it. I just see Kluber as the most sure thing of the bunch. Can u guys give me ur thoughts please. Below is my roster. Please keep in mind we use Quality Starts and not Wins. 

C-Lucroy/Mejia
1B-Bird
2B-J.Ramirez
SS-C.Seager
3B-Bregman
OF-B.Hamilton/Schwarber/Mazara
UT-Tulo/Swanson

SP-Sale/Bumgarner/Scherzer/Kluber/Paxton/Price/Cobb/Mengden/Ohtani(have 1st overall pick)
RP-Doolittle/Treinan/Bedrosian/Ziegler/A.Claudio/S.Dyson

MiLB-B.Rodgers/K.Tucker/J.Winker/B.Bichette

I also have the 2nd and 3rd pick in this year's Dynasty draft and have two arms on my radar.

Edited by tonycpsu
Fixed font

Not to sound like a dick or anything..

but dude, you have the no. 2, 3, 4, and 5th ranked SP in an EIGHTEEN team league. You're fine. 

• Like 1

I do understand ur point. My response would just be that the depth in this league is more often than not more valuable. Not saying I can't acquire more, just saying depth is a huge help in this league. I took the team over about 3 seasons ago now and haven't made the playoffs yet. Team was old and average. Been trying to build it to last awhile as a contender. Last year was the closest I came finishing in 8th I believe. So my staff up until now hasn't exactly carried me. I have concerns offensively. Can't ever seem to match up weekly. Run into a buzzsaw or guys just don't get warm/hot for me at the same time but that's neither here nor there. I just wanna make sure I didn't get ripped off. 

SP depth is always there. Guys like Suter, Janis, Peacock, and lord knows how many more were waiver wire adds that were decently solid. 

Yeah, you gave up a lot of depth, but really you only gave up 2 "depth" pieces since you got an SP back. 

It's a major upgrade. I'm not sure how you have to ask to make sure you didn't get ripped off. You traded a lot of high upside/high risk assets for one of the games best pitchers. You have 9 SP. It's an 18 team league. There are 150 starting pitchers in the majors at any one time (roughly). That's 8.3 per time. You're over the average. You could easily add 1-2 more depth type arms in the draft (Jake Thompson types). 

If you're that worried, try flipping Rodgers or Swanson to grab an arm. 

I don't really like it for you long term. You gave up 3 young high upside SPs for a guy that will be 32 in April when the proven core of your staff is at or near 30. Price is declining quickly, Sale and Bum are late 20s with a lot of miles on them, Cobb is 30 and a FA right now, and at some point in the near future Max and Kluber will decline.

After that all you have for the long term is an often injured Paxton, a low upside Mengden, and a guy that has never thrown a pitch at any MLB level who is dealing with a UCL injury at the moment. 

Sure quality pitching comes out of left field every year, but in an 18 team league there is no guarantee that you will be able to get your hands on then. 

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Losing the youth on an otherwise older staff. I have managed to nab the top 3 picks in this year's draft and expect to take Ohtani, Gore and McKay or Greene. That should help infuse my staff with some high upside arms. 

I think you should take a starter and upgrade at UT.  You could definitely use a more potent bat at that position.  Especially with all the depth you are going to have at SP.

Help?

Edited by damana

Wow 18 team league and those are you starters? Last year I had Kluber, Archer, Martinez, and Berrios leading the way in my 18 team league. You're in great shape for the next few years. I would suggest trading away one of your starters for a good bat.