• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
JeterPimpedUrGF

Corey Kluber 2018 Outlook

First time owner in a league that rewards CGs and SOs and I love this guy....seems like every time out his pitch count stays low and there's a chance of putting up huge numbers...I would have drafted him with the 1st overall pick with our scoring cats....when he fell to me at 10th I couldn't believe it.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RotoBird said:

I'd like to hear an argument for why he isn't the best pitcher in baseball at this point.

He is incredible. Machine-like. A dazzling dominator with elite raw stuff and a mastery of pitching. 

It's a treat to watch him pitch. 

One could argue one way or the other, and most of it is a waste of time, but you can't really argue against it since he goes out there every start and pitches good enough to win every game if it was actually possible.

Also, he's now 67-0 since sometime in 2013 when the Indians give him a 4-run lead.  I can live with the 3 runs when he gave such a great 8.2 IP overall.

45 minutes ago, RotoBird said:

I'd like to hear an argument for why he isn't the best pitcher in baseball at this point.

He is incredible. Machine-like. A dazzling dominator with elite raw stuff and a mastery of pitching. 

It's a treat to watch him pitch. 

There is no argument against it, but you can come up with incredible arguments for him, Max or Kershaw (who may get a slight deduction for his injury concerns)

28 minutes ago, pmstick said:

First time owner in a league that rewards CGs and SOs and I love this guy....seems like every time out his pitch count stays low and there's a chance of putting up huge numbers...I would have drafted him with the 1st overall pick with our scoring cats....when he fell to me at 10th I couldn't believe it.  

Thats just stupid. In a league that just counts complete games he was easily #1 on the player rater last year. Just inexperience with the categories I guess but he is the most (only) bankable CG pitcher in baseball right now 

12 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

Thats just stupid. In a league that just counts complete games he was easily #1 on the player rater last year. Just inexperience with the categories I guess but he is the most (only) bankable CG pitcher in baseball right now 

Exactly...I did not even fathom I would get him at 10 when I did my draft prep....thought he'd go top three, picks just kept passing him by...crazy.  I think he had a high ADP, maybe like 11th but we can all see Y! Rank in our leagues....I thought I was going to take Thor with my 1st but he snaked around to me at 15.  One of the coolest stories ever bro!!!  

12 hours ago, pmstick said:

Exactly...I did not even fathom I would get him at 10 when I did my draft prep....thought he'd go top three, picks just kept passing him by...crazy.  I think he had a high ADP, maybe like 11th but we can all see Y! Rank in our leagues....I thought I was going to take Thor with my 1st but he snaked around to me at 15.  One of the coolest stories ever bro!!!  

https://goo.gl/images/Kv7xdD

Anyone think the team goes 4-man during this 5 game week?  Based on some quotes from Francona, it seems like they would rather give Tomlin a couple more chances given:  a) he had a bad April last year as well, and b), Tomlin would only be facing KC and Jason Hammel.  I did see a sportswriter speculate a 4 man as a possibility simply due to all the offdays in the coming weeks.

Thoughts?

The Indians are going with only 6 BP arms this week.  Given a 5 game week, I'll take the gamble on 2 starts from Kluber as they may be able to fix Tomlin better in the pen because his problem is that he keeps going into the same bad mechanical habits within the same game, over time.

Indians recall Greg Allen after Zimmer injury scare, option RHP Ben Taylor

Posted (edited)

Ho hum.   QS machine.  He still hasn't missed one yet.

Edited by Kenny Bania

Hasn't walked a single batter in 5 of his last 6 games... 

Underrated. {somehow}

• Like 1

88:10 K:BB so far this season :wub:

First time Kluber owner and it's awesome. This guy is so underrated it's laughable. He's in the same class as Scherzer and Kershaw (when healthy). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BostonCajun said:

First time Kluber owner and it's awesome. This guy is so underrated it's laughable. He's in the same class as Scherzer and Kershaw (when healthy). 

It is awesome, although I wouldn't say he's underrated since he is considered to be in the same class as Scherzer and Kershaw.  At least now after what he did last season.

22 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It is awesome, although I wouldn't say he's underrated since he is considered to be in the same class as Scherzer and Kershaw.  At least now after what he did last season.

I do get where BC is coming from.  Everyone talks about Mad Max, Kershaw, and Sale.  For a top tier ace, this guy doesn’t get the same chatter IMHO.  Just goes out and does his thing game in and game out.

Finishes the month with a 41:1 K:BB over 39.1 innings.  A thing of beauty.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

leads the MLB in strikeouts per walk at 10.30

the next closest is Scherzer at 7.00

Edited by ZChronicNebula
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

If it wasn't for the error by Ramirez on what would have been a double play, he probably would have went the distance.  Other than what that kind of caused, there was never a really a pressure moment the whole game against him.

The K's may be down a bit, but that would be ridiculously nitpicking at this point.

Edited by KilloWertz

It's just amazing how incredibly consistent and dominant Kluber has been this season, that an 8 IP 2 ER 8 K game elicits a "meh" from a lot of people.

dont own any stock but DAYUM

10 wins and a 1.99 ERA in june

S T U D 

2nd or 3rd most consistent SO in baseball.  I got Mad Max and JV right there with him.

Reliability is extremely sexy in Fantasy baseball lol.

Second straight start with a walk though.  I'm shopping him before he implodes... ;)

This will be stating the obvious, but today was a really nice bounceback after a shaky start (by his standards) last time out.