Fuzzy_Slippers

Gerrit Cole 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

And you knew the Yankees would somehow get the spin rate change that the Astros have?

I knew they would allow and even encourage him to trust his stuff and go for strikeouts.

Edited by BMcP

24 minutes ago, CuredMeats said:

Not sure I'm ready to sell high on this stud, despite the bounty he would surely reap.

I know I'm not, especially with some pitchers disappointing early on and he goes out there and pitches as consistent as anyone is right now.  Someday he'll get more wins.

2 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

That's all fine and good but what is making him elite is the spin rate

I’m not sure I fully agree that that is the only reason.  But yes, I agree, his rate is elevated.  Would the Yanks be able to stimulate such a change?  I think they would, yes.

He won another Gallows Pole with 22 whiffs. Nick Pollack from PL is moving him above Carrasco and Greinke. 

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

6 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

He won another Gallows Pole with 22 whiffs. Nick Pollack from PL is moving him above Carrasco and Greinke. 

At this point I don't see how you don't put him at 5 tbh. 

1-4: Big Four

5. Cole

6. The rest

55 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

At this point I don't see how you don't put him at 5 tbh. 

1-4: Big Four

5. Cole

6. The rest

*BIG5

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ZChronicNebula said:

*BIG5

Depending on if you believe he can keep this up or not, with his strikeout potential, you can slot him in the top 3.

Why wouldn't he be moved up ? We are talking about what he's doing this year that's all that matters. What players did last year or before does not help us  in fantasy.

Yes you need something to go on but it's a new year . I traded Corey Seager for Cole three starts ago and was told I was crazy .i was happy at the time and who's crazy now ? 

I'm not sure where I would put him right now, but he belongs up there as an elite SP regardless of where I would slot him exactly.  You don't do what he's done in his first 6 starts by accident, and I agree that what he is doing this season matters more than his past.  Obviously if he sucked his whole career before this season, then I could buy it as a fluke, but he's always been considered a potential ace.

With the first month of the season being so weird/crazy/crappy, him going out there and being a horse has been huge.

1 hour ago, motown magic said:

Why wouldn't he be moved up ? We are talking about what he's doing this year that's all that matters. What players did last year or before does not help us  in fantasy.

Yes you need something to go on but it's a new year . I traded Corey Seager for Cole three starts ago and was told I was crazy .i was happy at the time and who's crazy now ? 

That’s very easy to say after the fact now that Seager is undergoing surgery.

Using Nick P's list you could make a case to bump him up a few spots IMO.

Honestly though I could care less, just keep doing what you're doing! ( and hope for better run support!)

1 hour ago, motown magic said:

Easy to say now that Seager's season is done. You might be singing a different tune had Cole been the one to go down instead of Seager. Over the course of a full season, Seager likely would have been worth just as much as Cole should be. I assume you traded based on position needs and probably had a decent SS to replace Seager with. 

I don't think you should have been called crazy to begin with fwiw. I think anyone who's watched him this year can tell you he looks different this year.  

46 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

That’s very easy to say after the fact now that Seager is undergoing surgery.

No. I look at what Cole ad done in his last three starts and what Seager had done before yesterdays news . Of course I'm very happy with the way things turned out. Yes it could have been Cole but it wasn't .Those are the breaks. You win some you lose some. :D

Edited by motown magic

Trevor Bauer's going off on Twitter right now about how the Astros and Cole are cheating. Implying they're using foreign substances to boost spin rate. Claims he's going to provide proof in due time. https://twitter.com/BauerOutage

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Trevor Bauer's going off on Twitter right now about how the Astros and Cole are cheating. Implying they're using foreign substances to boost spin rate. Claims he's going to provide proof in due time. https://twitter.com/BauerOutage

"IT'S A HUGE PINE TAR WITCH HUNT!!"

• Like 1

Lol Bauer's being really cheeky about it too:

If only there was just a really quick way to increase spin rate. Like what if you could trade for a player knowing that you could bump his spin rate a couple hundred rpm overnight...imagine the steals you could get on the trade market! If only that existed...

— Trevor Bauer (@BauerOutage) May 1, 2018

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Lol Bauer's being really cheeky about it too:

If only there was just a really quick way to increase spin rate. Like what if you could trade for a player knowing that you could bump his spin rate a couple hundred rpm overnight...imagine the steals you could get on the trade market! If only that existed...

— Trevor Bauer (@BauerOutage) May 1, 2018

Too bad he won't bat against the Astros. That's some bold $hit to be saying.

12 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

What did Bauer say that is incorrect?

He's accusing them of cheating right? 

I have no idea if he's right, but Kyle Boddy is pretty reputable. I sort of doubt he would throw these kinds of claims around if he wasn't pretty sure that pine tar was the only way to increase spin rate like he has. 

1 hour ago, rrrrich46 said:

He's accusing them of cheating right? 

Yes, but he also says it's not a Houston problem, it's an MLB problem