• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Fuzzy_Slippers

Chris Archer 2018 Outlook

Didn’t get the win, but still pitched well against a tough opponent.

He’s been solid in 4 of his last 5 starts now. I’m holding.

33 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

I’m holding.

I mean... were you going to drop him?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cs3 said:

I mean... were you going to drop him?

Haha, fair point.

I should have phrased that a bit differently, I suppose. I merely meant that I wasn’t going to sell low or leave him rotting away on the bench like some others have. I am a Rays homer (one of the 5 of us on the planet) and have started him in every game so far and will continue to do so. He has walked 3 or more batters in 3 straight games after a stretch of 4 straight games with 1 or fewer free pass allowed. That’s a little troubling, although he has been very good in 4 out of his last 5 outings despite that.

Over the course of the last month his overall numbers are quite good:

2 Wins, 3.32 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and 34 K in 38 IP

His K/9 is a little down but other than that he’s pretty close to his usual career numbers. I expect the strikeouts to increase and the rest of his rate numbers to normalize. The only thing I don’t like going forward is his potential Win totals since LOL Rays LOL suck. There’s a chance he could get traded, but he’s under a fairly frugal team controlled contract through 2021. Who knows?

Does Chris Archer always hop around and fall down when he pitches?  

If not, I think he has a random drug test coming after this game.

18 minutes ago, Ruspin Ruxin said:

Does Chris Archer always hop around and fall down when he pitches?  

If not, I think he has a random drug test coming after this game.

Yes. He pitches with a lot of energy. 

This guy would be so damn good with an effective changeup.

Just hit the DL today. Any thoughts/speculation on rest of season outlook/how long he will be out?

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Just hit the DL today. Any thoughts/speculation on rest of season outlook/how long he will be out?

MLB.com saying it’s an abdominal strain.  I posted this in Betts thread who had same injury:

Betts is the first MLB player to hit the DL with an abdominal issue this year. There were eight last year; three of them returned with two weeks, two returned within four weeks, one within six weeks and two did not return before the season ended.

Archer been very durable and didn’t seem super serious.  I would guess he’s back on the shorter end of that table.  
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

any chance Archer gets traded this season to a contender? tempted to trade for him if thats the case...

I think he will be traded, fantasy wise, he's a good buy low in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

any chance Archer gets traded this season to a contender? tempted to trade for him if thats the case...

I can't speak to the liklehood of being traded, but honestly he just hasn't been that good. I'm sure going to the NL would help his value but I don't think by much. He has always been a high strikeout guy but the k's aren't there this season. Even over the past few weeks when he was pitching well he wasn't striking out the number of guys that he typically does. Something just seems a little off. Even in the AL East the Orioles and Jay's aren't exactly powerhouses.

Of course maybe he just needs a shakeup on a competitive team kind of like Cole and Verlander. 

2.64 ERA over his last 6 starts. He was finding his groove after a rough start. He’ll be fine.

I hope tampa pulls the trigger and moves this guy.

1 hour ago, octapuss said:

I hope tampa pulls the trigger and moves this guy.

I doubt they sell low. If he comes back and puts together a few good starts the. I could see him getting shipped off.

On 7/2/2018 at 9:57 AM, kidtwentytwo said:

When does he come off the milk carton?  

Very soon. Perhaps early next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is he on a pitch count tonight?  I saw something mentioned but could not find anything.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:58 AM, Hollywood42 said:

:o

Yankees and Red Sox 

after that , Baltimore ? Blue Jays ? 

Come to think about it . Most of the AL sucks . After those two the Indians , Astros and Seattle . Angels are a sub 500 team 

Archer will get blasted in the NL

2 hours ago, Magoo said:

Is he on a pitch count tonight?  I saw something mentioned but could not find anything.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully he doesn't show rust tonight. He was hitting his stride before hitting the DL. 

3 minutes ago, inmybag said:

Hopefully he doesn't show rust tonight. He was hitting his stride before hitting the DL. 

I would imagine there are a ton of scouts watching this game.  I would love the Angels to trade a Marsh/Ward package for him.

3.1 innings pitched and taken out. Ugh...