KilloWertz

Jacob deGrom 2018 Outlook

Let's all just come to a consensus and blame the Mets medical staff...everything else is usually their fault.

• Haha 1

I thought about his kid when I first heard it so as long as it’s nothing serious whatever. He could’ve went on a bender at a Miami bar for all I care the team blows and he’s giving them everything he has. I’m sure Yoenis has an already scheduled tee time for tomorrow.

Needs to move. Sell him Mets and get a haul. Let him go somewhere to win.

If you are in a QS league he's a top guy, in a wins not so much because the Mets really suck, if they finish behind the Marlins everyone should be fired 

Another great, winless start. I hate seeing guys waste their careers on teams that don't deserve them. Reminds me of Haren in 2008.

2 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

Another great, winless start. I hate seeing guys waste their careers on teams that don't deserve them. Reminds me of Haren in 2008.

I’m not sure if it’s a long shot or not but there have been reports that the mets are willing to listen to offers for DeGrom and Thor. I would love to see him get traded but I don’t have high hopes. 

25 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

I’m not sure if it’s a long shot or not but there have been reports that the mets are willing to listen to offers for DeGrom and Thor. I would love to see him get traded but I don’t have high hopes. 

Not gonna happen unless teams are willing to give up their top hitting prospect + more. 

39 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

The Mets won the game.

10 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Not gonna happen unless teams are willing to give up their top hitting prospect + more. 

I know it would take a lot and it’s unlikely but I wish it would happen.

He has an MLB best 1.79 ERA and If he had run support we would be looking at a potential cy young winner. 

He has lost more games than a pitcher should when only giving up 2 runs or less over 7-8-9 innings.

atleast he will be a free agent in 2021!

7 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The Mets won the game.

I know you know this but that does nothing for DeGrom owners. 

11 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The Mets won the game.

I don't care about the Mets. I wish they would be relegated.

Another great performance by degrom but as usual he didn’t get any run support. 

I live in Philly and I was just listening to sports talk radio. The host was just saying if DeGrom played for the Phils or any decent team that he would be a shoo in for the Cy Young. 

It’s a shame he’s wasting away on the Mets. He can’t be happy 

8 innings and no god damn run support. Embarrassingly pathetic. How long until this guy can go somewhere else?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

8 innings and no god damn run support. Embarrassingly pathetic. How long until this guy can go somewhere else?

He's under contract thru 2020 I believe. Stop complaining, if the Mets trade him,

they trade him, we have no control over that. He's the best pitcher on my team,

even though he pitches for the Mets.

2 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

Another great performance by degrom but as usual he didn’t get any run support. 

I live in Philly and I was just listening to sports talk radio. The host was just saying if DeGrom played for the Phils or any decent team that he would be a shoo in for the Cy Young. 

It’s a shame he’s wasting away on the Mets. He can’t be happy 

They don't usually award the Cy Young before the All Star game,  so it's not a shoo in at this point,  but he is a contender as of now.

deGrom has been fantastic and the writers know Wins are not indicative of greatness.  (5-4 record with a 1.68 ERA, 123.1 IP and 149 K's)

Things changed after that great season by Felix Hernandez when he won the Cy Young and didn't have a lot of wins in 2010. 

(13-12 record with a 2.27 ERA,  249.2 IP and 232 K's)

In Chicago it was rumored today that the Cubs offered Addison Russell, Ian Happ, and a couple minor league starters for De Grom. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

In Chicago it was rumored today that the Cubs offered Addison Russell, Ian Happ, and a couple minor league starters for De Grom. 

The Mets don't have a GM which means they don't have a long term plan at the moment.

So unless somebody offers them something completely ridiculous,  deGrom isn't going anywhere before the deadline. 

Maybe during the winter after they hire a new GM.

Edited by Brooklyn Dude

1 hour ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

The Mets don't have a GM which means they don't have a long term plan at the moment.

So unless somebody offers them something completely ridiculous,  deGrom isn't going anywhere before the deadline. 

Maybe during the winter after they hire a new GM.

An All Star SS that's won a World Series and defensively is top three in the NL and a switch hitting power hitter that can play 2B. CF and both corner spots is a pretty good offer to start. Ahmed Rosario is hot trash at the plate. I could see the Mets doing that deal with the Cubs. Getting two major league ready pitchers is more of a guarantee than prospects. The Mets know how to find pitching. Position players, not so much. 

31 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

An All Star SS that's won a World Series and defensively is top three in the NL and a switch hitting power hitter that can play 2B. CF and both corner spots is a pretty good offer to start. Ahmed Rosario is hot trash at the plate. I could see the Mets doing that deal with the Cubs. Getting two major league ready pitchers is more of a guarantee than prospects. The Mets know how to find pitching. Position players, not so much. 

if only there were another team in new york with a loaded farm system.

in all honestly the yanks can blow that offer away