KilloWertz

Jacob deGrom 2018 Outlook

Just now, jfazz23 said:

if only there were another team in new york with a loaded farm system.

in all honestly the yanks can blow that offer away

The Cubs farm system is on their ML roster. 

You trading Torres? 

Didn't think so. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

The Cubs farm system is on their ML roster. 

You trading Torres? 

Didn't think so. 

the package u listed above or Andujar, Frazier, Drury, and another minor league (or 2) like Abreu/Medina/Perez/tate

edit: also like to point out if they are on their mlb roster they arent farm system lol

edit2: just realized u are a cubs fan

Edited by jfazz23

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

the package u listed above or Andujar, Frazier, Drury, and another minor league (or 2) like Abreu/Medina/Perez/tate

edit: also like to point out if they are on their mlb roster they arent farm system lol

Drury is hitting .170. 

Zero chance the Mets trade De Grom across town. It would be an all out mutiny in Flushing. 

Just now, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Drury is hitting .170. 

Zero chance the Mets trade De Grom across town. It would be an all out mutiny in Flushing. 

fine, put Florial in there.

andujar, frazier, floriel, Medina/Abreu

id say a bigger mutiny should occur if they turn down a superior package from an AL team because of jealousy or something or another

5 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

Clint Frazier is hitting .242. You can't just pass off Andujar and a bunch of bums for DeGrom. Lol 

Just now, jfazz23 said:

fine, put Florial in there.

andujar, frazier, floriel, Medina/Abreu

id say a bigger mutiny should occur if they turn down a superior package from an AL team because of jealousy or something or another

Mets fans would lose their minds If they traded DeGrom to the Yankees. 

The Mets are dumb, they aren't that dumb. 

4 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Clint Frazier is hitting .242. You can't just pass off Andujar and a bunch of bums for DeGrom. Lol 

if this isnt a disingenuous statement its absolutely asinine

3 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Mets fans would lose their minds If they traded DeGrom to the Yankees. 

The Mets are dumb, they aren't that dumb. 

if the fans would prefer  to trade him for an INFERIOR package  (like the ones the cubs could offer) then yes, you are in fact dumb

7 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

Bet you are a Yankees fan.  But Andujar is nice but Mets would insist on Sheffield back with Florial, Anduajar and a couple dart throws.  At that point you could consider it a better deal than what Cubs could offer.  But two ML producing players with control and whatever constution of prospects the Cubs could put together would be better than the deal you currently have constructed from Yankees side.  Easy to trade off superfluous pieces that currently seem to be overrated (i.e. Frazier or Drury)

9 hours ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

They don't usually award the Cy Young before the All Star game,  so it's not a shoo in at this point,  but he is a contender as of now.

deGrom has been fantastic and the writers know Wins are not indicative of greatness.  (5-4 record with a 1.68 ERA, 123.1 IP and 149 K's)

Things changed after that great season by Felix Hernandez when he won the Cy Young and didn't have a lot of wins in 2010. 

(13-12 record with a 2.27 ERA,  249.2 IP and 232 K's)

Really?

I thought they did all those awards before the celebrity softball game. 

Don’t shoot the messenger. I was just repeating what the guy said. Obviously that means nothing halfway through the season. 

Degrom has 11 straight quality starts with only 2 wins during that stretch. 

33 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

Really?

I thought they did all those awards before the celebrity softball game. 

Don’t shoot the messenger. I was just repeating what the guy said. Obviously that means nothing halfway through the season. 

Degrom has 11 straight quality starts with only 2 wins during that stretch. 

Quoting talking heads and the crazy shoo in stuff is laughable though.   deGrom is really good and what team wouldn't want him ?    

deGrom is not a free agent after the season which means the Mets would have to be blown away by somebody's best prospect in a package at the very least.

The team has been hit with injuries to their best players.  Not the time to try and dump those guys so they probably go into next year and try again.

When they finally hire a new GM,  maybe from outside the organization,  they can formulate a plan that makes some sense.

I just can't see trading away the teams best player until the off season at the earliest when they can assess the entire organizational depth or lack of.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Quoting talking heads and the crazy shoo in stuff is laughable though.   deGrom is really good and what team wouldn't want him ?    

deGrom is not a free agent after the season which means the Mets would have to be blown away by somebody's best prospect in a package at the very least.

The team has been hit with injuries to their best players.  Not the time to try and dump those guys so they probably go into next year and try again.

When they finally hire a new GM,  maybe from outside the organization,  they can formulate a plan that makes some sense.

I just can't see trading away the teams best player until the off season at the earliest when they can assess the entire organizational depth or lack of.

I didn’t say it meant anything. I was just saying that when I was listening to sports talk radio in Philly they were saying good things about DeGrom. Just mentioned it for the the heck of it.

I would love to see DeGrom get traded but I don’t see it happening either. I agree with you 100% on that. If he was in the last year on his contract then maybe. 

He will be 33 when he is eligible to become a free agent. 

He has to be miserable in this situation and was quoted saying he’s tired of losing. It doesn’t mean much but DeGrom has been lights out this year and the team just can’t back him up. 

• Like 1

Saw this on reddit. 

126 career starts, 58 starts giving up 1 or 0 runs, 50 career wins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

Saw this on reddit. 

126 career starts, 58 starts giving up 1 or 0 runs, 50 career wins. 

That is crazy

Free JDG!

Unless your new general manager is already there you can’t trade deGrom. That is going to shape your future, and any potential candidate for the job is either going to want him there to build around, or have him as a chip so he can make the trade and build a team in his vision. If they trade deGrom at the deadline and wind up hiring a general manager outside of the organization I may just give up because that doesn’t make any sense barring a package that is so undeniably good it cripples the other team in the process.

Sounds like he tried to get an extension and the Mets were hesitant.. His agent is 100% right if that's the case. 

7633.jpg

Jacob deGrom's agent Brodie Van Wagenen told Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic on Tuesday that he believes the Mets' "best course of action is to seriously consider trade opportunities now" for his client.

The full quote, via Rosenthal's Twitter account: "We have discussed Jacob’s future with the Mets at length," said Van Wagenen. "Jacob has expressed interest in exploring a long-term partnership that would keep him in a Mets uniform for years to come. If the Mets don’t share [the] same interest, we believe their best course of action is to seriously consider trade opportunities now. The inertia of [the] current situation could complicate Jacob’s relationship with the club and creates an atmosphere of indecision." The 30-year-old right-hander is currently under team control through 2020 via salary arbitration. He holds an MLB-leading 1.68 ERA with 149 strikeouts in 123 1/3 innings this season.
Jul 16 - 3:03 PM

• Like 1

Can't believe he is 30 already.  I can see why his agent is asking for a contract now.   The age cliff is coming.

33 minutes ago, B&F said:

Can't believe he is 30 already.  I can see why his agent is asking for a contract now.   The age cliff is coming.

Yeah, this feels like a non-story to me with an agent trying to get his client $200 million plus before Father Time kicks in. The Mets balked and now he is trying to create some pressure from fans and media. deGrom’s not going anywhere and the Mets are rightly in no hurry to extend him.

The Yankees dont have the prospects for DeGrom and they arent even offering the ones that would make it any where near close.

Andujar started off well but has really faded, as a guy with poor pitch selection is likely to do in the majors.
The league has caught up with him.  The last 30 days, he is batting .231 with a .680 OPS
He's also a lousy fielder.    The Yankees know he's not the 3bman of the future

I think a Clint Walker, Florial or Abreu,  along with Cody Carroll , should get a Wheeler - but not a DeGrom.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, tesla said:

The Yankees dont have the prospects for DeGrom and they arent even offering the ones that would make it any where near close.

Andujar started off well but has really faded, as a guy with poor pitch selection is likely to do in the majors.
The league has caught up with him.  The last 30 days, he is batting .231 with a .680 OPS
He's also a lousy fielder.    The Yankees know he's not the 3bman of the future

I think a Clint Walker, Florial or Abreu,  along with Cody Carroll , should get a Wheeler - but not a DeGrom.

Huh? This is nonsense. The Yankees have arguably the best assortment of prospects in all of baseball. 

And your trade proposal for Wheeler is utterly ridiculous. I probably wouldn't even give up Frazier for him. He's been straight bad his entire MLB career until about 1.5 months ago. Andujar has more of a track record of MLB success than him.

Get real, man.

Edited by absknicks
  • Like 5

I don't understand why guys make comments like "I want to be with Team A my whole career". Why? They have no loyalty to you, you shouldn't have any loyalty to them. If you really are sick of losing, then why would you want to spend the rest of your career on a team that is a perennial loser? He'd be better off coming out and saying "f the mets" and piss off the fan base so much that management has no choice but to trade him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

I don't understand why guys make comments like "I want to be with Team A my whole career". Why? They have no loyalty to you, you shouldn't have any loyalty to them. If you really are sick of losing, then why would you want to spend the rest of your career on a team that is a perennial loser? He'd be better off coming out and saying "f the mets" and piss off the fan base so much that management has no choice but to trade him.

The fan base wouldn't turn on him because Mets fans hate ownership and will blame them for not getting a deal done. Management is in a tough spot here. His agent played this perfectly today. He's basically trying to force them to buy out his remaining arbitration years and tack on 3-4 years on top of that. I think he'll get traded but not by the deadline, they'll probably wait until the offseason. Only a handful of teams would trade top prospects for him now but if they wait until after the season when every team believes they have a shot for 2019 they can probably get more. Hopefully he doesn't get hurt between now and then. 

• Like 1

The Brewers really ought to focus on deGrom instead of Machado, or at least prioritize him...

They have the clear need and the guys to put a package together from. Hiura as the centerpiece.

2 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Jacob deGrom's agent Brodie Van Wagenen told Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic on Tuesday that he believes the Mets' "best course of action is to seriously consider trade opportunities now" for his client.

The full quote, via Rosenthal's Twitter account: "We have discussed Jacob’s future with the Mets at length," said Van Wagenen. "Jacob has expressed interest in exploring a long-term partnership that would keep him in a Mets uniform for years to come. If the Mets don’t share [the] same interest, we believe their best course of action is to seriously consider trade opportunities now. The inertia of [the] current situation could complicate Jacob’s relationship with the club and creates an atmosphere of indecision." The 30-year-old right-hander is currently under team control through 2020 via salary arbitration. He holds an MLB-leading 1.68 ERA with 149 strikeouts in 123 1/3 innings this season.
Jul 16 - 3:03 PM

And why is that?

Sounds like they're scared deGrom will flame out before he reach free agency.

Bet on yourself Jake.