KilloWertz

Jacob deGrom 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 7/19/2018 at 12:00 PM, jfazz23 said:

been saying this for 5 pages lol

 

id give up the big 4 for degrom.  andujar, frazier, sheffield, florial....thats a huge trade

 

id first call up tampa tho and try to get Snell for those 4 plus Medina, Abreu

 

Snell to the DL I think.

 

Seeing how the Mess gave away Familia for nothing, you could probably get Degrom for a B level prospect plus superbowl tickets and a hammock for Fred and Jr Dilpon to share.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2018 at 10:03 PM, absknicks said:

Andujar was rated the #12 prospect in all of baseball before the season by Fangraphs. We're now 3 months in and he's probably 2nd/3rd in the ROY race. If he's not a guy who should be headlining a deal for deGrom, who is? 

 

Personally, I'd offer Andujar, Sheffield and Frazier. That's more than fair in my estimation and the Mets aren't going to get a better offer than that anywhere else.

Too much. We have to keep Sheffield and Andujar. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 12:00 PM, jfazz23 said:

been saying this for 5 pages lol

 

id give up the big 4 for degrom.  andujar, frazier, sheffield, florial....thats a huge trade

 

id first call up tampa tho and try to get Snell for those 4 plus Medina, Abreu

Yankees should absolutely not give up both Florial AND Sheffield. You call up Sheff in the next two weeks to showcase some qualities (ala Cleveland’s Mejia) and see what that can get you. If we give up Frazier, Florial AND Sheffield, I’d want Conforto and DeGrom lol

 

either way, as a deGrom fantasy owner, he needs to get off that team. Throwing 10ks 8 deep and you can’t get the win is just ridiculous

Edited by Steelers72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Steelers72 said:

Too much. We have to keep Sheffield and Andujar. 

 

Just curious, who would you give up for DeGrom? Ellsbury and maybe Tyler Wade? Or is that too much?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prospects are so overrated.  Yankees should give up whatever it takes to get this guy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

 

Just curious, who would you give up for DeGrom? Ellsbury and maybe Tyler Wade? Or is that too much?

You guys want Sonny Gray? B)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, B&F said:

Prospects are so overrated.  Yankees should give up whatever it takes to get this guy.

 

Tell that to the Cubs and Indians. They are still smarting from losing Gleyber, Frazier, Sheffield etc

 

(sarcasm)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Steelers72 said:

Too much. We have to keep Sheffield and Andujar. 

 

Just trade us a bag of balls for deGrom smfh.

 

The most fair deal is Torres + 1 pitching prospect for deGrom. It won't happen since the Yanks consider Torres untouchable (for a good reason).

 

So you have to load up on the prospects. Andujar, Florial, Sheffield absolutely would have to be in the package. Frazier is literally a throw in at this point with his concussion problems. It feels like every other week he's on concussion protocol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Steelers72 said:

Yankees should absolutely not give up both Florial AND Sheffield. You call up Sheff in the next two weeks to showcase some qualities (ala Cleveland’s Mejia) and see what that can get you. If we give up Frazier, Florial AND Sheffield, I’d want Conforto and DeGrom lol

 

either way, as a deGrom fantasy owner, he needs to get off that team. Throwing 10ks 8 deep and you can’t get the win is just ridiculous

ya im starting to agree with u

 

andujar has been too good.  and id bring up sheffield over german as well..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

 

Just trade us a bag of balls for deGrom smfh.

 

The most fair deal is Torres + 1 pitching prospect for deGrom. It won't happen since the Yanks consider Torres untouchable (for a good reason).

 

So you have to load up on the prospects. Andujar, Florial, Sheffield absolutely would have to be in the package. Frazier is literally a throw in at this point with his concussion problems. It feels like every other week he's on concussion protocol. 

torres is already worth more than degrom.

 

im starting to think andujar, sheffield and 2 other guys like abreu and medina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

torres is already worth more than degrom.

 

im starting to think andujar, sheffield and 2 other guys like abreu and medina

 

I disagree given the current circumstances. deGrom is arguably the best pitcher in baseball this year with 2 years left of control. He would make a much bigger difference on this Yankees team than Torres bat. Especially considering that they have a replacement ready to go in Drury.

 

This is similar to the Chapman deal where Chicago knew what they were dealing for Chapman. But the difference is that, deGrom not only puts the Yankees on par with any team contending for a WS not only this year (and in my opinion, the favorite), but also for the next 2 years. That is 3 potential WS wins. That is what deGrom brings to the table.

 

That is more valuable than Torres imo. Regardless, its a moot point because the Yanks won't deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

 

I disagree given the current circumstances. deGrom is arguably the best pitcher in baseball this year with 2 years left of control. He would make a much bigger difference on this Yankees team than Torres bat. Especially considering that they have a replacement ready to go in Drury.

 

This is similar to the Chapman deal where Chicago knew what they were dealing for Chapman. But the difference is that, deGrom not only puts the Yankees on par with any team contending for a WS not only this year (and in my opinion, the favorite), but also for the next 2 years. That is 3 potential WS wins. That is what deGrom brings to the table.

 

That is more valuable than Torres imo. Regardless, its a moot point because the Yanks won't deal.

its actually nothing like the chapman deal

 

and torres is ranked higher in trade value by objective 3rd party sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees WILL not go to World Series without another quality starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

can DEgrom sue the mets? lol

 

For what - A pair of sneakers? They don't have any money.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, B&F said:

Yankees WILL not go to World Series without another quality starter.

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

its actually nothing like the chapman deal

 

and torres is ranked higher in trade value by objective 3rd party sources.

Lol yes, fangraphs has Torres ranked as 20th most valuable player and deGrom at 25th. But that’s not how this works. That evaluation is looking at the course of their contract. It also is more of a “If you were starting a team today, who would you grab?” It’s not for trade evaluations, because teams have needs. 

Clearly Gleyber is already good, and cheap. But that’s not what @andy1234 is getting at. 

Over the next 2 seasons, deGrom is projected 11.7 WAR, and is relatively affordable. During those same 2 seasons, Gleyber is valued at 5.3 WAR. Gleyber’s value comes from being cheaper, longer. For the next couple seasons, deGrom is who you want if you are trying to win it all.

And this doesn’t even factor in team need. Let’s put a fantasy spin on it. Say I trade JD Martinez for Trea Turner today. Every single trade evaluator would say I lost this trade on value. But what if I told you I was up 22 HRs in 1st (roto), and 10 SBs could catapult me past 3 other teams? The net gain of this trade would far outweigh any loss, based on my team-specific needs. This is essentially the spot the Yankees are in. They have such a need for SP, a move like this would put them over the top (Severino + deGrom as SP 1 & 2, PLUS that offense?!?), and even though Gleyber has more long-term value, deGrom helps this team WAY more.

All that said, of course this type of deal won’t happen anyway. So probably not worth discussing in such great detail. But the main point is, “new franchise” value is different than “who’s more valuable to a certain team, now” value.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

torres is already worth more than degrom.

 

im starting to think andujar, sheffield and 2 other guys like abreu and medina

Then the Yankees are not getting DeGroom. Leverage is all the Mets side. They hold the clear best SP available..by a mile. You are right in that Yankees probably shouldn't trade Torres for him. But, the Mets would be looking for best offer from what should be a lot of suitors. Not to make and give the Yankees a fair market offer.  Supply/Demand should net the Mets an over-pay. 

 

Of course they are the Mets, so who know's how this plays out.

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Then the Yankees are not getting DeGroom. Leverage is all the Mets side. They hold the clear best SP available..by a mile. You are right in that Yankees probably shouldn't trade Torres for him. But, the Mets would be looking for best offer from what should be a lot of suitors. Not to make and give the Yankees a fair market offer.  Supply/Demand should net the Mets an over-pay. 

 

Of course they are the Mets, so who know's how this plays out.

i agree the deal probably wont happen.

 

which is really dumb for the mets because his value is dropping every second they hold him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.