KilloWertz

Jacob deGrom 2018 Outlook

The Mets scored 10 with Thor on the mound last night. 

With Degrom on the mound today I predict they will score 2 and DeGrom will knock in one of those runs. 

Funny thing is, if deGrom had a "normal" record  (14-6, 15-7, etc) I don't think that does anything to separate him from Scherzer.

He'd need to be like 19-2 or something to pull away.

23 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Funny thing is, if deGrom had a "normal" record  (14-6, 15-7, etc) I don't think that does anything to separate him from Scherzer.

He'd need to be like 19-2 or something to pull away.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding here, but are you suggesting that deGrom would lose to Scherzer if he had a better record than he currently does?

deGrom:
188IP, 1.68ERA, 11.01K/9, 2.01BB/9, 7.3WAR

Scherzer:
202IP, 2.31ERA, 2.04BB/9, 12.03K/9, 6.7WAR

I'd say it's deGrom's to win. ERA under 2, higher WAR, worse team.

5 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding here, but are you suggesting that deGrom would lose to Scherzer if he had a better record than he currently does?

deGrom:
188IP, 1.68ERA, 11.01K/9, 2.01BB/9, 7.3WAR

Scherzer:
202IP, 2.31ERA, 2.04BB/9, 12.03K/9, 6.7WAR

I'd say it's deGrom's to win. ERA under 2, higher WAR, worse team.

I'm saying even if you don't even look at the records of deGrom and Scherzer it's still a toss up between the two imo.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, lehighterp said:

Any chance his start gets pushed to Monday so we have a 2 start week next week? I could use the extra start in my playoff semifinal! :lol:

I called this!!!! Woo Hoo!  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, lehighterp said:

I called this!!!! Woo Hoo!  :lol:

You didn't really "call it"  You asked if it was possible.  Of course it was possible, especially with the weather forecast in NY for the weekend.    I just pray I'm not facing him next week in any leagues.

Forecast for rain tonight here in NYC, and thunderstorms the next two days. Marlins visit the Mets one more time this year, the final series of the season. Have to figure they get deGrom out there vs the lowly fish in the next few days though. 

Was ecstatic deGrom's start was pushed back to give him two starts for my semi-final matchup. This rain is going to ruin everything!

1 hour ago, collucho said:

Was ecstatic deGrom's start was pushed back to give him two starts for my semi-final matchup. This rain is going to ruin everything!

I certainly hope not! I am in the same boat as you! :lol:

Even if his game gets PPD, he likely is still lined up for two starts this week and everyone else gets pushed back a day.

The Mets had one game of a DH postponed on Wednesday. The MLB app still has him starting on Sunday. Has anyone heard any different? 

I can’t lose a second start from JDG

Edited by Under500Forever

2 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

The Mets had one game of a DH postponed on Wednesday. The MLB app still has him starting on Sunday. Has anyone heard any different? 

I can’t lose a second start from JDG

Even if they didnt get a dh in today or yesterday, jacob is last pitcher they will delay his starts. They want to get as many starts in to make his cy young case before the end of the season.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Even if they didnt get a dh in today or yesterday, jacob is last pitcher they will delay his starts. They want to get as many starts in to make his cy young case before the end of the season.

Well they can’t get him that last start of the season so I figured they would have a couple of games to play with. 

Initially I wasn't really down with JDG winning the Cy Young Award but my opinion is changing. 

Great to see him get a Win tonight. I know it's been said countless times already but what a season this man has had. My goodness. 

There was an outside chance he would have a higher WAR than number of wins.  How bizarre would that have been?

• Like 1

Great to see him get a win and finish with a winning 10-9 record. 

Wrap up the Cy Young. Phenomenal season. 

What an amazing season for JDG. He was money all year long.

i looked up his game log just for the heck of it and he pitched 32 games. In 21 of those games he let up 1 run or less. He only let up more than 2 runs 6 times this season. The most he gave up in a game was 4 (1 time). He held opponents to a .196 batting average. He only gave up 10 homers all year. 

217 innings pitched 

1.70 ERA

0.91 WHIP

269 Ks (11.1 K per 9)

1.91 BB per 9

Jake should win the cy young all things considered.

It will be tight between Him and Max