KilloWertz

Jacob deGrom 2018 Outlook

42 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Here we go again. SMH.

Hello? Something happened since yesterday?

With Mets doctors, what could possible go wrong? 

Related image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Philoumenos said:

The Mets are an abomination of an organization, from head to toe. Everyone knew he shouldn’t have started. Bet this sets him back even further now. 

The Mets definitely are the runaway favorite for the worst when it comes to managing injuries. I agree there. 

14 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

DeGrom said he felt fine physically.  He was actually surprised when Mickey took him out of the game.  He said he felt good enough to be able to pitch last week too.

"I felt fine," he said after the game. "That's what was frustrating. Warming up felt great. And then I went out there and the first pitch of the game I missed by four feet."

"I definitely would've liked to go back out there," deGrom said. "The reasoning I understand, but who wants to pitch one inning as a starter?"

Unless he's hiding something, I think this is the Mets just being overly cautious with him.

I believe Taijuan said he felt alright and that things were going to be OK just before he underwent surgery as well. Granted, that is just a recent example fresh on the mind from this season. Now I'm not saying DeGrom is suffering from anything serious like that, or will need surgery, or will even miss his next start. He could be perfectly fine. All I'm saying is you can't believe a word an athlete says on the health front a majority of the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Mets will blow his W

SHHHH YOU!

6 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

Beutiful game thrown down the crapper.  Thanks Familia, you moron.

Apr16 -  Bryce Harper hits a first inning HR. only run through 7. Mets ahead 6-1.  DeGrom gives up 2 singles (with a K in between) and comes out of the game.    Lugo, Blevins, Ramos, Familia allow those two runners to score plus 4 more and lose the game

Apr 21  -  DeGrom pitches 7 shutout inning, Mets score in the top of the 8th to make DeGrom the winning pitcher, Mets. Familia loses the game in the 9th

May 23 -  DeGrom pitches 7 shutout inning, Familia blows the lead again.

It's insane how well he has pitched this year and how hard the Mets have worked to blow his games.

Edited by tesla
  • Like 2

Degrom has thrown 58.1 innings in 10 starts.They have trailed in 3 of those innings. They are 5-5 in those starts. Los Mets

• Like 1

I am really not regretting dealing Kershaw, at his ridiculously high salary, for deGrom and a high pick (which ended up being Raisel Iglesias) in my dynasty a couple years ago. Got the salary cap room I needed and a pitcher who has been more productive than Kershaw this year.

I am really not regretting dealing Kershaw, at his ridiculously high salary, for deGrom and a high pick (which ended up being Raisel Iglesias) in my dynasty a couple years ago. Got the salary cap room I needed and a pitcher who has been more productive than Kershaw this year. 

That cap room also allowed me to hold on to this new launch-angle darling named Justin Turner.

17 minutes ago, kbitboc said:

It's so frustrating the bullpen keeps blowing games for him.

He should easily have a few more wins if not for the bullpen coughing it up all the time. I hate the  Mets Pen

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

He should easily have a few more wins if not for the bullpen coughing it up all the time. I hate the  Mets Pen

21 more to be exact.

• Like 1