2ndCitySox

Zack Godley 2018 Outlook

19 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

I think he's definitely a start against in San Fran.

His splits suggest he's not a definite start anywhere on the road. 

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

His splits suggest he's not a definite start anywhere on the road. 

I realize that. But if you do still own him, how can you bench him tonight? If you've held you probably believe in him turning it around, and I see tonight as good a chance as any to do that. 

I just think if you were planning to bench him tonight you would have already dropped him.

5 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

I realize that. But if you do still own him, how can you bench him tonight? If you've held you probably believe in him turning it around, and I see tonight as good a chance as any to do that. 

I just think if you were planning to bench him tonight you would have already dropped him.

Yeah, I've already dropped him, but I know guys in this thread have been talking about benching for a while to see if he gets straightened out.

Just a couple of days ago I thought Caleb Smith was a safe start in SanFran...boy was I mistaken. Maybe Godley proves me wrong, and I really hope he does...I hope he gets his season back on track. But I wouldn't start him anywhere on the road at this point...not even SF. 

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

But I wouldn't start him anywhere on the road at this point...not even SF. 

And his next start is at Colorado. He's sitting on my bench this week & I'm not having a second thought about it. But yeah, I hope he proves us all wrong.

2 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

And his next start is at Colorado. He's sitting on my bench this week & I'm not having a second thought about it. But yeah, I hope he proves us all wrong.

Lol...watch him pitch an absolute gem in Colorado. :lol:

• Like 1

I wonder if he did anything differently his last start.  Does he have a new pitch?  He needs to come up with something.

I hope some of you finally came to your senses and dropped this flaming pile of dog poop.

Looks out of shape.  Gassed in the 4th inning.  

Only good for streaming against the Padres.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:42 PM, B&F said:

I am contradicting what I said earlier but I am going to start him this week in my weekly league for two road games.  One @SF and yes @COL.  He pitched well in COL last season.  Is anyone else on board?

He wasn't awful his last start at home and I know he has been a lot better at home but I just can't resist the two start week.  Someone talk me out of it.

Did someone manage to do it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have had him benched in the couple of leagues I own him in for awhile...and now going to drop the stiff after today's beating.  The sound you are hearing is Godley being dropped in the majority of mixed leagues.  There is no reason to continue this madness when he sports an ERA over 5 and a horrible WHIP into June imo.

Edited by secretagentman

I almost felt bad when he was picked up immediately after my drop last week, but holy moly. Dude either needs to be dropped or just glued to the bench.

56 minutes ago, Wallscrapers said:

Is that Alex Cobb out there in disguise?  Damn did I ever miss on this bum draftday.

Tell me about it.  Complete bust.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Stories

14 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

His suckiness suggests he's not a definite start anywhere on the road

Fixed it for myself. 

• Haha 1

So glad that I was able to add him before that piece of crap outing - still have @COL left this week.  :o

58 minutes ago, Crusaderfan said:

So glad that I was able to add him before that piece of crap outing - still have @COL left this week.  :o

Hopefully and likely he lost his spot in the rotation.

• Haha 1

What do Godley, Tillman, Teheran, Sal Romano and Castillo have in common?

If any of them are rostered on your team, your probably charting for your FF draft.

• Haha 6

Can't trust him anymore.  When you hit that point, there's little reason to own him.  

Edited by kidtwentytwo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, B&F said:

Hopefully and likely he lost his spot in the rotation.

Yep Shelby Miller has at most 2 more rehab starts remaining.  Not expecting a Godly performance for Zachary @ COL.  Likely looking at pen duty for the forseeable future while they see if Miller actually does have a curve or not.

2 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Yep Shelby Miller has at most 2 more rehab starts remaining.  Not expecting a Godly performance for Zachary @ COL.  Likely looking at pen duty for the forseeable future while they see if Miller actually does have a curve or not.

Isn't going from Godley to Miller basically like going from throwing 93 octane on a fire to throwing 87 octane? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dumped him. Too many red flags. Velocity is way down, swinging strike is way down, walks and homers are way up...sorry Godley I am officially off the wagon. Dudes been a human gas can.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story