• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
duke of queens

New York Mets 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-05. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

I really like the prospect of Reyes becoming a pitcher, great job Mets

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

I really like the prospect of Reyes becoming a pitcher, great job Mets

This is why they kept him all season! 

Great article on Fangraphs: https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/defending-the-mets-mess/

Some highlights (lowlights?):

It certainly appears as though the Mets don’t know what they’re going. Even more concerning, the Mets might actually agree. The following words come from the Mets’ Assistant General Manager, John Ricco, in Ken Davidoff’s New York Post piece from deadline day.

“I think all that happened today is we did not make a trade by the trade deadline,” the assistant general manager said Tuesday in a conference call. “It doesn’t necessarily mean we’re headed into one direction or the other [on the starting rotation]. We’ll make a more informed decision this offseason.”

As for what the Mets could have done on Tuesday, if what the Rays received for Chris Archer is any indication, Jacob deGrom would have fetched a haul. They could have received a decent package for Wheeler. They could have received a minor league lottery ticket for Bautista. They should still move Mesoraco this month. Continuing down the rebuilding path, the Mets could have waited for Noah Syndergaard to get healthy and then moved him over the winter. Maybe Steven Matz and Todd Frazier could have netted something. In selling off these parts, the Mets would then have a payroll around $110 million or so, with 40% owed to David Wright and Cespedes where insurance will presumably defray some of those costs.

The situation in the above paragraph is a plan for a full-scale rebuild. The team could keep Michael Conforto and Brandon Nimmo as potential future core pieces, and give 22-year-old Amed Rosario another year at shortstop as Andres Gimenez works his way up the minors. Peter Alonso should be ready to take over first base at some point next year. The team has a few pitching prospects who might be ready at some point next season. Add in three or four more prospects theoretically acquired from dealing deGrom and Syndergaard, and the Mets would have a young, interesting team in 2019. They would be bad, but there would be some amount of excitement. Finishing in the bottom 10 in baseball would ensure a protected first-round pick the following season.

In theory, the Mets could then go spend $100 million in 2020 salaries on free agents like Nolan Arenado and Chris Sale to complement their growing young core and end a successful, quick rebuild. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

https://metsmerizedonline.com/2018/08/mets-to-show-harvey-tribute-video-prior-to-tonights-game.html/

Sorry I had to bump this thread. At first I thought it was a joke. I don't even know what to say. 

Didn't they want to give Reyes some tribute as well as go out a Met too?  This front office is totally crazy.  Tributes to the guy accused of hitting a woman and now the party animal ego tripper?

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

Didn't they want to give Reyes some tribute as well as go out a Met too?  This front office is totally crazy.

They are without a doubt certifiable in my mind now. I know Wins and Losses are really goofy but - Only the Mets would show a tribute video for a guy who for his career as a Met has a losing record (34-37) If I didn't know better It's almost has if Mr. Met himself was watching the conclusion of the Boston massacre last night at Fenway and said out loud they think that's bad ! Heh Hold my beer ! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Didn't they want to give Reyes some tribute as well as go out a Met too?  This front office is totally crazy.  Tributes to the guy accused of hitting a woman and now the party animal ego tripper?

He was accused of hitting a woman? When was this?

2 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

He was accused of hitting a woman? When was this?

Referring to Reyes.

If Mess ever wanna win a WS again, they need to get rid of dilpons. Then build a team suitable of winning the WS. 

You need strong defense, speed, and bullpen. If you have a bulldog ace that is great but it is not necessary. 

Bosox dominating this year but in the post season I think HOU would be the fav.

6 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

If Mess ever wanna win a WS again, they need to get rid of dilpons.

Whether you think the Mets should sell everything and rebuild or just make minor tweaks and keep trying, this is the one thing everyone can agree with. They need new owners. Look what happened to the Dodgers once MLB pushed out their previous owner. Mets should be one of the major players in baseball. Throw together some competent management with an ability and willingness to open the wallet and this could be a perennial contender. 

David Wright (shoulder) will begin a minor league rehab assignment at Class-A St. Lucie on Sunday.

Well, that came out of nowhere. Wright hasn't appeared in a major league game since May 27, 2016 due to a variety of back and shoulder issues. This is an encouraging sign in his recovery, but it's still a longshot that he makes it back this season, and even longer odds that the 35-year-old becomes fantasy relevant again.
Aug 11 - 3:51 PM

Where the heck did this come from? I thought about making an outlook thread but how long could this possible last? 
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

David Wright (shoulder) will begin a minor league rehab assignment at Class-A St. Lucie on Sunday.

Well, that came out of nowhere. Wright hasn't appeared in a major league game since May 27, 2016 due to a variety of back and shoulder issues. This is an encouraging sign in his recovery, but it's still a longshot that he makes it back this season, and even longer odds that the 35-year-old becomes fantasy relevant again.
Aug 11 - 3:51 PM

Where the heck did this come from? I thought about making an outlook thread but how long could this possible last? 

Starting to believe that if Wright was on another team he wouldn't have had so many injury problems and would have been back already...

23 hours ago, DidiFan said:

giphy.gif

That's what happens when you trout out Todd Fraizer and Jay Bruce in 2018