Halberdier

1st & 2nd Round Fantasy Predictions.

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Let's hear it then

He's coming off of a major injury, plays with one of the worst offensive lines in the league, his QB will probably retire, his team is probably about to rebuild, he has arguably the most well-documented attitude problems in the NFL

 

Should I go on? Please. It's incredibly easy to pass on him in the Top 5.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

 

 

You can make a case for Gurley as the #1 pick over Bell.

 

interesting....over bell who has been consistent for the past 3-4 years....wasnt a gurley a bust last season with high expectations after a rookie ok season? and all of the sudden  he is in the same sentence as the best running back? dude, its friday...its too early for me to back facts with extreme data validations. but gurley does not have any rights to be in the same sentence as leveon....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

 

interesting....over bell who has been consistent for the past 3-4 years....wasnt a gurley a bust last season with high expectations after a rookie ok season? and all of the sudden  he is in the same sentence as the best running back? dude, its friday...its too early for me to back facts with extreme data validations. but gurley does not have any rights to be in the same sentence as leveon....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You're asleep at the wheel.  Gurleys raw talent is better than Le'Veon's and he's in a potent up and coming offense. Bell's workload the past couple seasons has to be concerning too

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who knows what they are doing agrees that Ezekiel, Gurley, LeVeon, D Johnson, & Antonio are the top 5 picks next year in any scoring format that doesn't heavily favor QB's.  No problem with taking any of those guys 1-5 in any order as we will all have our personal preferences, but anyone that says anything different than those 5 is either a troll, or doesn't have a clue. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, miasma16 said:

He's coming off of a major injury, plays with one of the worst offensive lines in the league, his QB will probably retire, his team is probably about to rebuild, he has arguably the most well-documented attitude problems in the NFL

 

Should I go on? Please. It's incredibly easy to pass on him in the Top 5.

Read carefully.  This wasn't a top 5 discussion.  None of the players mentioned were top 5 players.

 

His offensive line has always been terrible.  So has Eli for 2-3 years.  Are you saying it's a bad thing in fantasy football for a WR to be on a bad team?  Interesting strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RMJ_12 said:

Read carefully.  This wasn't a top 5 discussion.

Yes, it was. Go back and read where that discussion started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, championship or bust said:

interesting....over bell who has been consistent for the past 3-4 years....wasnt a gurley a bust last season with high expectations after a rookie ok season? and all of the sudden  he is in the same sentence as the best running back? dude, its friday...its too early for me to back facts with extreme data validations. but gurley does not have any rights to be in the same sentence as leveon....

Le'veon is also 2 years older with an injury history and a very heavy career workload when on the field.  I'm not saying I wouldn't jump at the chance to take Bell, but you could certainly make the case.  How is Bell going to perform if Ben retires?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Yes, it was. Go back and read where that discussion started. 

I know where the discussion started and it changed.  Just read the quote that I posted.  I asked him to make the case of a list of players over Odell.  None of which were top 5 players.

Edited by RMJ_12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Le'veon is also 2 years older with an injury history and a very heavy career workload when on the field.  I'm not saying I wouldn't jump at the chance to take Bell, but you could certainly make the case.  How is Bell going to perform if Ben retires?

 

Stop with the Ben retiring stuff. I don’t even care as it pertains to the 1st/2nd guys for next year, but it isn’t happening. I don’t care what he has said. I keep waiting for Bovada to come out with that prop so I can bet a s--- ton on him coming back next season. 

 

Ben is a drama queen and just loves when he is being talked about, and even more so when he gets to hear how great he is and how important he is the the Steelers. I of course know how obviously important he is to the Steelers and even the NFL. But dude is a baby and he is playing next season. Leveon & Brown shouldn’t be knocked because of any of that fake hypothetical non sense. 

 

Its already been said but it’s Zeke, Bell, Gurley, Dj and Ab in any order you prefer, but the Ben stuff isn’t any part of why I might or might not take Gurley or any of the others ahead. 

Edited by exzacly909

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, championship or bust said:

 

interesting....over bell who has been consistent for the past 3-4 years....wasnt a gurley a bust last season with high expectations after a rookie ok season? and all of the sudden  he is in the same sentence as the best running back? dude, its friday...its too early for me to back facts with extreme data validations. but gurley does not have any rights to be in the same sentence as leveon....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dude, it's Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Let's hear it then

A lot of things we don't know yet about Beckham, but who will the QB be, will Odell still get targeted just as much as ever, will he fully recover from the gruesome ankle injury and be the same player?  Also, Odell has only played a full 16 games once in his career.  He has had hamstring issues, sprained ankle, hip issues, thumb....  With all that being said a lot of players miss some games due to injuries, I think he will fully recover and I think he is still worth a very high draft pick, just not any earlier than the back end of the 1st round. 

 

Melvin Gordon - I do not think he is a special player, but you don't need to be to score big fantasy points.  He will be projected to have about 1,600 or more all purpose yards with about 50 receptions, and at least 10 TDs.  He is an easy choice to be drafted over Odell.

 

LeSean McCoy - He is a special talent.  Getting a bit long in the tooth, but still looks dynamite out there.  A focal point of the offense.  He will be projected to have about the same numbers as Gordon above.  Easy choice over Odell

 

Kareem Hunt - Andy Reid RB's always put up big #'s and catch a lot of passes, Kareem is no exception.  He's young and should only get better.  Another easy choice over Odell

 

Leonard Fournette - A punishing RB who stormed into this league strong.  The Jags are an up and coming team and will be building their offense around the young Fournette.  Another easy choice over Odell.

 

Alvin Kamara - Who knows if Ingram will be back, but even if he isn't this guy is absolutely amazing.  He might catch 100 passes and lead the league in TD's next year.  He would be my #6 or #7 overall  Very easy choice over Odell

 

Mark Ingram - Has really filled his potential.  Averaging over 5 ypc and scored double digit TD's while catching about 50 passes each of the last 2 years .  Where he ends up will really determine his draft position.  If he stays with the Saints I would msot likely take him over Odell, if not it's hard to say. 

 

Jordan Howard - A very talented RB that has put up some very impressive #'s the last 2 seasons and some less than impressive teams.  As it sits right now to me I slightly lean towards Howard over Beckham, but if the Bears can make some improvements with their team this could become a much easier choice.  

 

Gronk & Kelce - 80+ catch 1,000+ yard 10 TD potential TE's are very rare and a lot more valuable than a WR with similar numbers because there is a huge drop off at the TE position.  Gronk is very established and still playing at an elite level, while Kelce just seems to be hitting his full potential, I would take both of these guys over Odell

 

AJ Green - typically he has been drafted as one of the next 2 WR''s behind Odell as he has shown he can be a 90= catch 1,300= yard 10+ TD guy.  It really depends on what happens with the coaching staff and what kind of offense they are going to run.  Right now this is a toss up for me but I slightly lean towards Odell over AJ

 

Mike Evans - Big Tall fast young WR who can go up and get it.  He regressed this year after a steady 3 year climb.  I expect him to bounce back next year and be close to the 96 catch 1,321 yard 12TD campaign he put up in 2016.  A new coaching staff and offensive philosophy could make things better or worse for Evans, so we will have to wait and see.  As it sits right now I would take Odell over Evans but not by much.  

 

Keenan Allen - His ability has not been a question, it's just been a matter of him staying healthy.  He has finally shown what he can do in a full season this year.  Rivers loves this guy.  He's going to finish with somewhere around 100 catches this year and 1,400 yards, although I would like to see that TD total up a little higher.  I would still take Odell over Keenan, but wouldn't fault anyone if they saw it differently.  

 

Julio Jones - As talented as any WR in the league.  Never seems to score as many TD's as you think he should. Always seems to have some sort of nagging injury.  He has a 136 catch 1,871 yard season on his belt and is always a threat to win you any week.  All of that being said, I don't like him on my fantasy team.  He is too inconsistent for my taste.  I would definitely take Odell over Julio but can certainly understand if someone else likes Julio better.  

 

Things can change between now and the beginning of next season, but I still don't see any scenario where I'd take Odell higher than 10th overall.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

A lot of things we don't know yet about Beckham, but who will the QB be, will Odell still get targeted just as much as ever, will he fully recover from the gruesome ankle injury and be the same player?  Also, Odell has only played a full 16 games once in his career.  He has had hamstring issues, sprained ankle, hip issues, thumb....  With all that being said a lot of players miss some games due to injuries, I think he will fully recover and I think he is still worth a very high draft pick, just not any earlier than the back end of the 1st round. 

 

Melvin Gordon - I do not think he is a special player, but you don't need to be to score big fantasy points.  He will be projected to have about 1,600 or more all purpose yards with about 50 receptions, and at least 10 TDs.  He is an easy choice to be drafted over Odell.

 

LeSean McCoy - He is a special talent.  Getting a bit long in the tooth, but still looks dynamite out there.  A focal point of the offense.  He will be projected to have about the same numbers as Gordon above.  Easy choice over Odell

 

Kareem Hunt - Andy Reid RB's always put up big #'s and catch a lot of passes, Kareem is no exception.  He's young and should only get better.  Another easy choice over Odell

 

Leonard Fournette - A punishing RB who stormed into this league strong.  The Jags are an up and coming team and will be building their offense around the young Fournette.  Another easy choice over Odell.

 

Alvin Kamara - Who knows if Ingram will be back, but even if he isn't this guy is absolutely amazing.  He might catch 100 passes and lead the league in TD's next year.  He would be my #6 or #7 overall  Very easy choice over Odell

 

Mark Ingram - Has really filled his potential.  Averaging over 5 ypc and scored double digit TD's while catching about 50 passes each of the last 2 years .  Where he ends up will really determine his draft position.  If he stays with the Saints I would msot likely take him over Odell, if not it's hard to say. 

 

Jordan Howard - A very talented RB that has put up some very impressive #'s the last 2 seasons and some less than impressive teams.  As it sits right now to me I slightly lean towards Howard over Beckham, but if the Bears can make some improvements with their team this could become a much easier choice.  

 

Gronk & Kelce - 80+ catch 1,000+ yard 10 TD potential TE's are very rare and a lot more valuable than a WR with similar numbers because there is a huge drop off at the TE position.  Gronk is very established and still playing at an elite level, while Kelce just seems to be hitting his full potential, I would take both of these guys over Odell

 

AJ Green - typically he has been drafted as one of the next 2 WR''s behind Odell as he has shown he can be a 90= catch 1,300= yard 10+ TD guy.  It really depends on what happens with the coaching staff and what kind of offense they are going to run.  Right now this is a toss up for me but I slightly lean towards Odell over AJ

 

Mike Evans - Big Tall fast young WR who can go up and get it.  He regressed this year after a steady 3 year climb.  I expect him to bounce back next year and be close to the 96 catch 1,321 yard 12TD campaign he put up in 2016.  A new coaching staff and offensive philosophy could make things better or worse for Evans, so we will have to wait and see.  As it sits right now I would take Odell over Evans but not by much.  

 

Keenan Allen - His ability has not been a question, it's just been a matter of him staying healthy.  He has finally shown what he can do in a full season this year.  Rivers loves this guy.  He's going to finish with somewhere around 100 catches this year and 1,400 yards, although I would like to see that TD total up a little higher.  I would still take Odell over Keenan, but wouldn't fault anyone if they saw it differently.  

 

Julio Jones - As talented as any WR in the league.  Never seems to score as many TD's as you think he should. Always seems to have some sort of nagging injury.  He has a 136 catch 1,871 yard season on his belt and is always a threat to win you any week.  All of that being said, I don't like him on my fantasy team.  He is too inconsistent for my taste.  I would definitely take Odell over Julio but can certainly understand if someone else likes Julio better.  

 

Things can change between now and the beginning of next season, but I still don't see any scenario where I'd take Odell higher than 10th overall.

 

 

 

 

I'm not going to be drafting ODB next year and not completely sold on him, but just to play devil's advocate, you can pick out positives with just about any player you want to make a case for.

 

I could make the argument that ODB is one of the most (if not the most) purely talented receivers in the league, and if their team is going to be terrible next year that means they'll be throwing the ball all day and he'll get plenty of targets and garbage time opportunities...very similar to what Hopkins is doing right now and you can't say you wouldn't be happy with that kind of production. Like I said, I'm not big on him either, but the thing with fantasy is there's always a way to spin hypothetical scenarios to convince yourself one way or another on any particular player so at the end of the day it comes down to which side you believe more. Even the experts whiff on so many of their opinions that the only thing you can do in this game is trust your gut and hope it's right.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't need physical descriptions on players that were completely obvious. 

 

Odell is far more talented than all of them and it doesn't matter who his QB is going to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm not going to be drafting ODB next year and not completely sold on him, but just to play devil's advocate, you can pick out positives with just about any player you want to make a case for.

You're missing the point. He asked what the arguments were for certain players going ahead of him, and there's a laundry list of concerns with Odell. End of discussion, let's move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You're missing the point. He asked what the arguments were for certain players going ahead of him, and there's a laundry list of concerns with Odell. End of discussion, let's move on.

But I could come right back and make a laundry list of concerns with just about every player you mentioned as well, so obviously there's no right or wrong here. Just because you feel one way doesn't mean we should just end the discussion. Hearing both sides is what helps lead to people form their own best judgements, so I was also giving points to why ODB could be a legit WR1 next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hyde and miller suck and shouldn't be second round but i hope they are taken off the board that early in all my leagues.

Davante Adams belongs in the 2nd easily, Rodgers #1 WR

Barkley will bump Dalvin out of 1st round, maybe McCoy too

Drake in the second easily too

Edited by phisouza33
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

I didn't need physical descriptions on players that were completely obvious. 

 

Odell is far more talented than all of them and it doesn't matter who his QB is going to be.

Tell Gordon and Michael Vick Antonio Brown that.

 

You don't need a good QB to be an elite WR but he also cannot be a total turd that belongs as a backup in the CFL. As far as we're concerned, that might be what ODB has next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

But I could come right back and make a laundry list of concerns with just about every player you mentioned as well, so obviously there's no right or wrong here. Just because you feel one way doesn't mean we should just end the discussion. Hearing both sides is what helps lead to people form their own best judgements, so I was also giving points to why ODB could be a legit WR1 next year.

I think most people would agree he is a legit WR1.  The discussion started by someone else saying Odell should be drafted as a top 5 pick.  My point was he is more of a late 1st round early 2nd round pick which is still a WR1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I think most people would agree he is a legit WR1.  The discussion started by someone else saying Odell should be drafted as a top 5 pick.  My point was he is more of a late 1st round early 2nd round pick which is still a WR1

Yeah I for sure agree there. Top 5 is wayyyy too high for me, for some reason I thought the debate was why that whole list of players were all ahead of him too. I was trying to say he belongs right in with that group of guys that people at the end of the first round will have to chose from.

Edited by GoPackGo23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Tell Gordon and Michael Vick Antonio Brown that.

 

You don't need a good QB to be an elite WR but he also cannot be a total turd that belongs as a backup in the CFL. As far as we're concerned, that might be what ODB has next year.

Isn't Hopkins still dominating with Tom Savage?  Robbie Anderson with Josh McCown?  Davante Adams with Brett Hundley?

 

I'm sure the Giants have no interest in getting a Quarterback this off-season.  They're going to make sure they suck next year, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Isn't Hopkins still dominating with Tom Savage?

This took longer than expected to come out. Just drop it, dude. Trying to compare this guy to the exception to the rule isn't helping your case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's way too early to have this discussion in the main forum, and so far it's just a bunch of guys offering speculative opinions based on things that may or may not be true once the 2018/2019 season actually starts. Once the current season is complete and a little time has passed for teams to make leadership changes and player moves, this discussion can continue. For now, you are welcome to ask for keeper advice and rankings in the Assistant Coach forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.