Sign in to follow this  
osb_tensor

Carlos Rodon 2018 Outlook

Not sure about his medical status for 2018, but I thought this was humorous. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Didn't here about the shoulder surgery until today.  So much potential with this guy.

19 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

See ya in 2019, Carlito.

He will pitch in 2018, unless you meant for drafting. 

The White Sox pitcher is back in camp on Tuesday morning after he traveled to Los Angeles for a follow up appointment on Monday. That visit yet again cleared Rodon of any major injury, though he has been diagnosed as having bursitis (inflammation) in his left bicep tendon. Rodon is expected to start the season on the 15-day disabled list.

More back story here:

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/chicago-white-sox/carlos-rodon-headed-disabled-list-will-start-throwing-program

So...when he does return, do you all think he will have much value for the remainder of the season?  Let's say he does return sometime in June.  There's still half or so of the fantasy season left.

Good DL stash?

Good grief...that's my fault...I apologize.  Man, I feel totally stupid now.

Sorry for any confusion.

Ok...got me even more curious now, found this other tidbit and made sure it was a recently article first and foremost..

Still sidelined after having shoulder surgery in September, Carlos Rodon has been able to gradually ramp up his throwing program and the left-hander is expected to be back with the Sox before the all-star break.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20180318/young-starting-pitchers-key-to-chicago-white-soxs-future

My only question is when will the CWS put him on DL? I drafted him late and would like to DL him so I can grab someone else- i mean the season starts in less than two weeks what are they waiting on? (making fun of my own impatience!)

Most teams don't placed their players on the DL until the start of the season. You're going to be waiting a good while longer.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, robbybobby005 said:

My only question is when will the CWS put him on DL? I drafted him late and would like to DL him so I can grab someone else- i mean the season starts in less than two weeks what are they waiting on? (making fun of my own impatience!)

Obligatory  " you know the season is close when people are complaining about players not being dl-ed"

Answer: never expect them to be on the dl more than a day or two before that teams first game. Sometimes it's sooner but not often.

(Feel free to copy and paste this whenever necessary, it's always the same)

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2

This guy should be a luxury DL stash, pick 250+ for sure or a $1 flier in auction leagues under 400 players deep. Nothing more. Anyone who is drafting him expecting awesomeness at any point this year might want to reconsider such a rosy outlook. He's a proven injury.

Posted (edited)

Rodon is like the David Dahl of pitchers 

has he been hurt every season so far? 

I know he’s had a few extended absences 

Edited by Under500Forever

He was a red flag before he was drafted. No surprises to me, even though I did and still own him most years.

Hoping this works out well . Planning on scooping him up immediately off waivers 

On 4/12/2018 at 11:51 AM, Under500Forever said:

Rodon is like the David Dahl of pitchers 

has he been hurt every season so far? 

I know he’s had a few extended absences 

Another sp like that is Eduardo Rodriguez.

Another rehab start coming today. If he looks good I would take a flier. The no walks in the first outing was promising. 

Could be a huge boost to fantasy rotations.

6 hours ago, High&Inside said:

Another rehab start coming today. If he looks good I would take a flier. The no walks in the first outing was promising. 

Could be a huge boost to fantasy rotations.

He’s worth a flier no matter what, pick him up in any format if he’s available!

• Thanks 1