osb_tensor

Carlos Rodon 2018 Outlook

On 9/2/2018 at 7:56 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

Next week against a punch-less LAA lineup should be nice bounce back opportunity.

famous last words....

thoughts on him for this week @ kc?  not a great lineup, but he hasnt looked so great himself his last two outings....

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

famous last words....

thoughts on him for this week @ kc?  not a great lineup, but he hasnt looked so great himself his last two outings....

Hes an above average pitcher pitching against a AAA lineup.  Im playing the odds on this one.  

18 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Hes an above average pitcher pitching against a AAA lineup.  Im playing the odds on this one.  

Ditto.  Not much of a choice though as I hardly have anyone better to run out there this week in the leagues I have him in.

His velo being so down last time out suggests to me a tired arm after spending most of the season rehabbing. Might be out of gas. Or might have just been an an off night. I've seen Sale have random starts where he's sitting 89-91 all night and then come back 5 days later throwing 98-99. Who knows. 

Still, it's KC. You gotta trot him out there. 

who is sitting or starting next week @CLE? I am considering cutting him and going with a two start pitcher instead...

3 hours ago, pjoner said:

who is sitting or starting next week @CLE? I am considering cutting him and going with a two start pitcher instead...

Like witch decent 2 start SP is around that you can just go pick up?  I have Rodon in a few leagues and am now debating whether to start or not next week depending on the alternative..

Are you guys benching him tomorrow or starting him? He's been shakey the last 3 outings, and now he has to go up against the Indians?

51 minutes ago, atrium said:

Are you guys benching him tomorrow or starting him? He's been shakey the last 3 outings, and now he has to go up against the Indians?

He pitched very well his last outing if I recall correctly. Plus he dominated the Indians last time he pitched vs them. Indians also already clinched so they Might possibly play a little flatter than normal. I’ll be starting Rodon with some confidence.

I’ll be starting regardless, but Indians benched a ton of starters on Sunday.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see them do it again with their playoff position locked up.  Might not be as imposing of a matchup if that’s the case.

5 hours ago, indycolts88 said:

I’ll be starting regardless, but Indians benched a ton of starters on Sunday.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see them do it again with their playoff position locked up.  Might not be as imposing of a matchup if that’s the case.

Im definately checking the lineup an hour before the game. If i so much as sniff jram or lindor im bailing.

Ok well think what you will but here's Rodon's #'s against the tribe in 2018:

19.1IP

11H

6ER

1HR

14 K's

7BB's

2.79/.93

Kluber is the opposing pitcher. Rodon has 5 BB's in back to back outings. The last time Rodon faced the tribe, he threw 8 innings of shutout ball.

I'm rolling the dice and hoping for a useable start.

Thats a full Indians lineup man. His last indians start was in the middle of a great run of his. Hes been bad lately. Out of gas? Who knows. Im bailing,but thats also because ive taken an absolute beating the past few weeks.

The walks kill him. He also hasn't had more than 5 K's in a game in the last 5-6. I'm going to give him 1-2 more starts and then bench him for the rest of the season.

57 minutes ago, motown magic said:

The walks kill him. He also hasn't had more than 5 K's in a game in the last 5-6. I'm going to give him 1-2 more starts and then bench him for the rest of the season.

That is the rest of the season, he'll have 2 more starts max, I think. @ CHC and @MIN

Wow...I wonder how many Fantasy dreams he shattered tonight.

3 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

Wow...I wonder how many Fantasy dreams he shattered tonight.

I hope no one started him just based off how he has pitched over his last 4-6 starts. He was on a roll for awhile and the wheels came off recently.

what the hell is up with Rodon? Is there a velocity dip? He has been terrible lately