osb_tensor

Carlos Rodon 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Should I be interested in him for a 10 team league?

'Should' be owned in all leagues.

I disagree. He's young so he could always have a career year, but he's never been good enough to be considered a must own in a 10 team league. He's a career 4.00 era, 1.4 whip guy. He was on and off waivers every year.

Is everyone psyched because he's been pitching well in his rehab assignment? What do you all know that i don't?

2 minutes ago, ZChronicNebula said:

25 years young.

Massive K potential.

Horrific, bad news bear type team.  That will hinder some upside.  Skole? was cleanup today.  Not sure he would be cleanup in my men’s league team.  He’s had horrific control in this league.  Love his K potential and arm talent.  Own him in 12 team leagues.  I’d have to look at wire to see in 10 team leagues though going to be close.

Edited by Cmilne23

With the way pitching has been going thus far this season - he's certainly worth a flier.

17 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I disagree. He's young so he could always have a career year, but he's never been good enough to be considered a must own in a 10 team league. He's a career 4.00 era, 1.4 whip guy. He was on and off waivers every year.

Is everyone psyched because he's been pitching well in his rehab assignment? What do you all know that i don't?

Well he had an abbreviated campaign last year but he did have a stretch from July 30 to August 21st where he averaged 7.1 inn/start over 5 starts allowing no more than 2 runs in any start and averaged over 9k/9. There could be some rust to shake off but he definitely has ability.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wallscrapers said:

Well he had an abbreviated campaign last year but he did have a stretch from July 30 to August 21st where he averaged 7.1 inn/start over 5 starts allowing no more than 2 runs in any start and averaged over 9k/9. There could be some rust to shake off but he definitely has ability.

I owned him for that run. I just think saying he should be owned in all leagues is disingenuous.

I may scoop him in my 12 teamer but i don't feel any urgency about it and dont have a clear drop. There have been a steady influx of good pitcher pickups lately, he is just another one. 

5 hours ago, motown magic said:

Might want to wait if you own him to activate. First start at Boston ?

Yeah I am definitely benching. First start off the DL and in Boston sounds like a recipe for disaster...because I just said that he probably pulls an Eovaldi from his first start back. 

Mookie on the DL... matchup really isn't THAT bad... I already have him activated in my {for preference} 8 team points league & plan to start him, don't see why not. At the very least the K's should be there.

7 minutes ago, ZChronicNebula said:

Mookie on the DL... matchup really isn't THAT bad... I already have him activated in my {for preference} 8 team points league & plan to start him, don't see why not. At the very least the K's should be there.

No Mookie and benny struggles with LHP most of the time

could be a way worse matchup for sure ill roll him out

48 minutes ago, ZChronicNebula said:

They haven’t really skipped a beat without Mookie.  He is eligible to come off Friday from DL also.  I’ll peobsbly deploy Carlos though.  Excited to see what he can do.

• Like 1

If this guy can get his command down he will be a stud. Ill never forget the game against the cubs last year where he had a line like: 4 2/3 12k 5 BB 2 H 4 ER lol

On 6/3/2018 at 12:47 AM, Trifecta said:

His career is still in its infancy, so saying 1.4 WHIP "career" guy after 2.5 seasons is misleading. What I see is a kid who's issue has been command and like a ton of good young pitchers (see, Snell, Blake) sometimes it takes time. His fastball is a very good 93-94 mph pitch (I've seen him often click higher), he offers an OK changeup, and oh yea features a Steve Carlton-esque slider, I am talking possibly the finest slider this game has seen since the 1980s. That's why people are psyched. Is there risk with him? Yes...maybe his mechanics get out of sorts again, maybe he gets injured again, but he is easily a middle rotation guy as we're seeing him right now and if a couple things fall into place a legit #1.  

Edited by kwolf68
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

His career is still in its infancy, so saying 1.4 WHIP "career" guy after 2.5 seasons is misleading. What I see is a kid who's issue has been command and like a ton of good young pitchers (see, Snell, Blake) sometimes it takes time. His fastball is a very good 93-94 mph pitch (I've seen him often click higher), he offers an OK changeup, and oh yea features a Steve Carlton-esque slider, I am talking possibly the finest slider this game has seen since the 1980s. That's why people are psyched. Is there risk with him? Yes...maybe his mechanics get out of sorts again, maybe he gets injured again, but he is easily a middle rotation guy as we're seeing him right now and if a couple things fall into place a legit #1.  

Finest slider since the 80's? People have forgotten about Clayton Kershaw already...

Hate to break it to all of you but Rodon is hot trash. 

Signed, 

a White Sox fan 

i will gladly eat my words once he comes back and proves me wrong 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 12:37 AM, ZChronicNebula said:

'Should' be owned in all leagues.

No way ... 

Yea I understand you own him and probably thinks he is the ticket but come on you need to roll it back. 

On 6/5/2018 at 8:44 PM, crazyfingers711 said:

Signed, 

a White Sox fan 

Hot trash is a little harsh. Now Homer Bailey, thats hot trash

Signed: a Reds fan

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 8:44 PM, crazyfingers711 said:

Signed, 

a White Sox fan 

Hot trash is a little strong.

Career numbers

3.95 ERA

9.22 K/9

10.1 Swinging K %

28.7 Hard hit %

3.76 BB/9 is the only real ugly number. But it's all right as a Phillies fan I understand the bias created by hype vs reality on a prospect. There's a long list of Phillies hyped players that didn't realize.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

No way ... 

Yea I understand you own him and probably thinks he is the ticket but come on you need to roll it back. 

I actually don't see anything wrong if somebody picked him up and stashed him.  He has legit upside, although he can never stay healthy and his control has yet to really ever be consistent.  Still, I can't fault anyone who stashed him.

Now, there's not a chance in hell I would start him today...

2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I actually don't see anything wrong if somebody picked him up and stashed him.  He has legit upside, although he can never stay healthy and his control has yet to really ever be consistent.  Still, I can't fault anyone who stashed him.

Now, there's not a chance in hell I would start him today...

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with owning Carlos Rodon, I even have a share of Rodon. 

Should Carlos Rodon be owned in every league?