Sign in to follow this  
BlueJaysIn2030

Jonathan Villar 2018 Outlook

On 8/4/2018 at 9:58 AM, TPXdevil said:

After going 3-5 last night, now 5-10 with a run and rbi in two games. And as has been said, batting lead off. 

Didn't Beckham get hot last year after being traded from Rays? Hoping for the same from Villar. 

And has...0 attempts? Sure the game situation didn't make it easy to steal, but I'm really skeptical about Buck's alleged green light on the bases. 

23 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

And has...0 attempts? Sure the game situation didn't make it easy to steal, but I'm really skeptical about Buck's alleged green light on the bases. 

Orioles fan here, we don't steal bases.  Or really do anything well.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Whizzinator said:

On base twice today and did steal a base!  So to me remains an interesting guy to consider if one is in need of steals.

Cranked a homer too

7 minutes ago, verycoolnin said:

I'm not sure why he was traded away for Schoop. 

Brewers did alot of things that made no sense 

Noticed his flyball rate has gone up from 16.2% to 40.9% since he got to Baltimore. Not sure if it's a swing change or just a small sample, but he has decent power potential if he hits it in the air. Camden Yards certainly helps.

Of course I didn't roster him for homers - it's all about the steals, and he's starting to pick it up there with one yesterday and two already tonight. Could be a real fantasy difference maker down the stretch.

• Like 1

Two steals tonight . Four since the trade and 2 hrs .

[Removed Cool Story]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

This dude along with Mallex have shot me to the top of the SB category and he's chipping in with power as well.  Needed PT, confidence and a change of scenery.  Camden suits him even in that garbage lineup.

29 minutes ago, jonance said:

Camden suits him even in that garbage lineup.

The garbage lineup actually helps. He's batted in a top 3 spot every game so far in Baltimore. There are few if any other teams where he'd get that kind of opportunity.

Been picking it up lately...he can really carry a team when he runs hot too. Keep it going!

On 8/21/2018 at 5:16 PM, SpartyOn4 said:

The garbage lineup actually helps. He's batted in a top 3 spot every game so far in Baltimore. There are few if any other teams where he'd get that kind of opportunity.

Not only that...but Buck knows he has to manufacture runs.  This quote made me grab him and i'm better for it:  "Showalter asked if Jonathan Villar has a green light to steal said - "What's greener than green?"

I had originally drafted Villar hoping he would be able to get some SBs and ended up dropping him as I’m sure many did. But his move to Baltimore and batting atop the lineup consistently along with the greener than green light to steal has made him a sneaky fantasy commodity down the stretch. These are the types of players who can help you “steal” a few categories.

10 runs 3Hrs 6rbis 7sbs last two weeks. Still only 54% owner. He’s contributing a little everywhere. A perfect complement piece to any team competing in fantasy playoffs. 

He's been great since the trade.

I always respected JV's game - nice to see an actual MLB team agree with me.

If he can close out the season the way he's hitting now, he'll be moving up draft boards next year.  Has looked much closer to his '16 year since the trade with full-time playing time.

• Like 1

Before the trade: 63.0 GB%/ 16.2 FB%/ 28.1 Soft%

After the trade: 44.2 GB%/ 38.4 FB%/ 18.9 Soft%

• Like 4

Caught stealing in the first inning today, goes on to swipe two bags later in the game. That is pretty much the definition of a "greener than green" light.

And he's got 3 RBIs.

• Like 1