yort1919

Mitch Haniger 2018 Outlook

Patience my friend...summer is coming.

May wasn't his month, maybe June he goes off.

Lindor had a rough April while haniger had a solid april.  Now go check out lindors May stats.

My point is, its baseball.  Even good hitters struggle for long periods of time.

Now if its 2+ months like goldy... then i worry

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Elviplatinum said:

Patience my friend...summer is coming.

May wasn't his month, maybe June he goes off.

Lindor had a rough April while haniger had a solid april.  Now go check out lindors May stats.

My point is, its baseball.  Even good hitters struggle for long periods of time.

Now if its 2+ months like goldy... then i worry

I like the positive post, I'm hoping he can make an adjustment and heat up a bit. Few too many groundouts to the 3rd basemen.

• Thanks 1

Any thoughts on him ROS? I’m honestly not too familiar with him and have never had any shares. RBI total seems a bit lucky.

47 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Any thoughts on him ROS? I’m honestly not too familiar with him and have never had any shares. RBI total seems a bit lucky.

Just curious how some RBI totals can be luckier than others?

2 minutes ago, MayorMcCheese said:

Just curious how some RBI totals can be luckier than others?

The way I read that is that somehow his first half RBI production isn't in line with what we'd expect for the 2nd half.  On some level this makes sense since the luck of how many runners you have on base when you get your hits takes a long time to stabilize, and 65 RBI is a ton for about half a season.  Furthermore, the Ms offense is kind of middle of the pack in terms of run production.

On the other hand, he's in a great lineup position with two excellent table setters batting in front of him in Gordon and Segura, both in terms of getting on base and working themselves into scoring position with their base running, so I believe in most of what he's doing.  I'm not going to project him for 110 RBI or whatever he's on pace for, but I think 90-100 seems reasonable if he stays in that lineup spot with those speedsters in front of him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

The way I read that is that somehow his first half RBI production isn't in line with what we'd expect for the 2nd half.  On some level this makes sense since the luck of how many runners you have on base when you get your hits takes a long time to stabilize, and 65 RBI is a ton for about half a season.  Furthermore, the Ms offense is kind of middle of the pack in terms of run production.

On the other hand, he's in a great lineup position with two excellent table setters batting in front of him in Gordon and Segura, both in terms of getting on base and working themselves into scoring position with their base running, so I believe in most of what he's doing.  I'm not going to project him for 110 RBI or whatever he's on pace for, but I think 90-100 seems reasonable if he stays in that lineup spot with those speedsters in front of him.

Thank you. I’m also curious as to how the eventual return of Cano will change the lineup/batting order, or if it will at all. Haniger came out of nowhere last year in his age 26 season. I’m always a little bit skeptical of late bloomers, especially ones that were graded with a 35/40 hit tool. I mean, is he really a 5-6 WAR player and nobody knew it, or...?

I'm not sure why you'd be skeptical of late bloomers. He's had 800 at bats of well-above-average production over the last two seasons and was a known swing change guy. Are u avoiding mikolas and aguilar and muncy and morton too? Late breakouts happen all of the time.

Edited by Hanghow