Sign in to follow this  
DerrickHenrysCleats

Biggest Sleeper FA's available for 2018

On 12/26/2017 at 11:28 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

I am talking about the current Willie Snead, who is, right now, quite a bad football player.  And, no, I have never selected Willie Snead in any league, nor will I ever.  My busts are first round talents who flop, like Devante Parker.

So Devante Parker, who is only three months younger than Snead, has a career high in receptions that is 16 lower than Snead's and his career high in yardage is 240 yds lower.....but he's a first round talent and Snead is a bad player? Gotcha. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

So Devante Parker, who is only three months younger than Snead, has a career high in receptions that is 16 lower than Snead's and his career high in yardage is 240 yds lower.....but he's a first round talent and Snead is a bad player? Gotcha. 

Devante Parker was perceived to be a first round talent by the only organization that matters for him, the Dolphins, because they selected him in the first round.

Willie Snead was a surprisingly effective UDFA in years past, but his play has fallen off a cliff this year.  Both Snead and Parker were failed fantasy picks this year, but I will always take Parker types and I will never take Snead types.  Not how I play fantasy football.  If you like taking Snead and players like him, that's great for you.  I wish I was in a league against you.

• Like 1

I'm going to predict Hyde will be a FA sleeper for 2018 wherever he lands.

I don't see the team pays him market value or he gives a discount to stay a Niner. The team has williams and Breida and can pick up cheaper young talent.

I think he would be a beast if he stays next year but I don't see the economic incentive for the team to give him a big payday to stay. 

bell is arguably the best rb and he can't get the contract he wants and freeman got a monster contract after a superbowl year and hasnt done much this season. The eagles have done well with a rbbc of cheap vet talent. 

Pete Carrol is DYING to have an elite rb  punishing hard running rb after his multiple failures at the position post beast mode. 

Also the giants really need a workhorse vet whenever they figure out the coaching situation

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

I'm going to predict Hyde will be a FA sleeper for 2018 wherever he lands.

I don't see the team pays him market value or he gives a discount to stay a Niner. The team has williams and Breida and can pick up cheaper young talent.

I think he would be a beast if he stays next year but I don't see the economic incentive for the team to give him a big payday to stay. 

bell is arguably the best rb and he can't get the contract he wants and freeman got a monster contract after a superbowl year and hasnt done much this season. The eagles have done well with a rbbc of cheap vet talent. 

Pete Carrol is DYING to have an elite rb  punishing hard running rb after his multiple failures at the position post beast mode. 

Also the giants really need a workhorse vet whenever they figure out the coaching situation

Always wanted to see Mark ingram as a NYG but Carlos Hyde would be good too.

Hyde will sign somewhere, get all hyped up, then get hurt, or worse, stay healthy and disappoint.

• Like 1

I will be curious to see where Donte Moncrief ends up next year.  He is still only going to be 24 at the start of next season.  Depending on his landing spot and health, he could be a nice sleeper.  I chalk up his poor 2017 to bad QB play and a dysfunctional team around him.  And Pagano.

• Like 1

I have Patrick mahomes as my  QB waiver wire sleeper assuming Alex Smith moves on.  I think his big arm and mobility is going to make him a nice roster add.  i'm not predicting Watson numbers because I doubt KC plays from behind like the Texans do but he has the arm to hit Tyreek  deep without underthrowing him

These are more like names to watch in the preseason: Jimmy Graham, Hyde, CJA, Marquise Lee, Corey Coleman, Tyrell Williams. I think Brandon Marshall could be a nice value play if he signs with a team that can get him the ball.

Jerik McKinnon? He has looked very good this season. With Cook coming back and Murray looking solid for MIN I doubt they re-sign McKinnon. The problem I have is thinking of a viable good spot for him to land. Does anyone else like him? Do anyone have a good idea of where he will go?

Unfortunately it seems McKinnon wasted his career in Minnesota too long to become the#1 option anywhere. Destined to play the same role probably wherever he goes. Best bet is to go where an injury prone starting RB is holding down majority role.

Arizona maybe if they move on from AP . Washington if C. Thompson isn't ready for the start of camp. Packers if he wants to get back @ Vikings.

5 hours ago, pikerbkb said:

These are more like names to watch in the preseason: Jimmy Graham, Hyde, CJA, Marquise Lee, Corey Coleman, Tyrell Williams. I think Brandon Marshall could be a nice value play if he signs with a team that can get him the ball.

I'm sorry, what?  Brandon Marshall?  He appeared to be completely cooked this year, and next year he will be a year older.

On 12/22/2017 at 9:51 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Trey Burton will be starting for someone next year and will likely be a top 10 TE to start the season.

I’d like to see him in Detroit. 

On 1/5/2018 at 1:44 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

I'm sorry, what?  Brandon Marshall?  He appeared to be completely cooked this year, and next year he will be a year older.

Manning was cooked. BM was still getting open. 

Watching BM gave me a B.M. and sent me running for the bathroom to relieve myself.

The Giants should do the same and spend the cap relief from dumping that turd and spend it on the offensive line.(and it's truly offensive in every meaning of the word) 

The only thing ever open since 2015 on Brandon Marshall was his mouth. (By the way he is very good on Showtime) I think you took the wrong meaning of the word "sleeper" when attaching it to BM.

Eli may not be cooked but he is definitely prepared to be. That meat cleaver of a line has gotten Eli pounded so often that he's gone soft. Now Eli looks for a place to fall before looking downfield.

Not sure you can call them sleepers but i think will be undervalued in 2018 draft 3 wr on my radar that  should be available  late 3rd round and lower Arob+Josh Gordon+Amari

On 1/10/2018 at 3:12 AM, pikerbkb said:

Manning was cooked. BM was still getting open. 

Getting open and dropping the ball. He had multiple key drops when he was playing.

Even he admitted he was playing like doodoo.  I think he's already ready for post football life.

If he can latch onto a contender that might get him focused more, but if he plays for a crappy team i fully expect him to check out.

On 1/11/2018 at 8:43 AM, RustyMiller said:

Getting open and dropping the ball. He had multiple key drops when he was playing.

Even he admitted he was playing like doodoo.  I think he's already ready for post football life.

If he can latch onto a contender that might get him focused more, but if he plays for a crappy team i fully expect him to check out.

That was my only caveat, but I didn't want to write a short story post. BM has always been a volume receiver and functioned very well in the role of a #1 when he was the focal point of the passing game and he can get into a rhythm with the QB and he is expecting the ball. I'm not sure he's going to find a role where he's seeing the ball as much as he needs to to offset his high drop rate. He's what, 34? Teams don't want to commit to an older WR when they have youngsters they want to develop. The guy still has incredible physical talent. When he was focused and had a chance to play with Fitz Magic in his last season with the Jets, he was a beast at times. He manhandled Richard Sherman. Just dominated him.

Manning sucks and the offense as a whole stunk badly. As I said originally "he's a name to watch".