Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyTsunami

Bismack Biyombo 2017-2018 Season Outlook

3 minutes ago, bradychen said:

avg 1.8 to 2 blk should be really feasible.

With this kind of start!?!... i agree

1 hour ago, Portis4Potus said:

First game with biyombo. Seems about right

22 minutes ago, LonzoBall said:

Well, that was extremely disappointing. 

6 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

I went from 12 to 6 real fast

If you actually watched the game you'd realise that Biyombo racked up 4 fouls right at the start of Q3.

It was also a huge blowout, with a 25+ point margin by mid Q3 and never got close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ovofnd said:

If you actually watched the game you'd realise that Biyombo racked up 4 fouls right at the start of Q3.

It was also a huge blowout, with a 25+ point margin by mid Q3 and never got close.

I didn't watch the game actually, so thanks for the insight.

2 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Doesn't mean we cant be disappointed regardless of the circumstance....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LonzoBall said:

No worries.

Just now, jstep13 said:

Doesn't mean we cant be disappointed regardless of the circumstance....

I agree, but context is important. Your disappointment can be misplaced if you thought it was a close game and Biyombo got yanked after 17min because Vogel didn't trust Biyombo.

That wasn't the case.

There's no reason for pessimism. He had 4/6 in 17 foul plagued minutes. Probably would've had double digit rebounds and a block in there if it wasn't for that.

• Like 2

This beast has certainly cooled off after posting 3 straight double doubles along with 2.67 blocks he's averaged just 6 pts, 8 boards, and 0.67 blocks in his last 3.  He's also had 7 turnover in those 3 games and is shooting less than 50% while his minutes seem to be trending down. 

Hard to drop b/c he plays Tues/Thur/Sun next week.  But if he's not getting the blocks he's not a great fit in my build and I'm looking to stream his roster spot if the trend continues as I suspect.

8 minutes ago, VaTerp said:

This beast has certainly cooled off after posting 3 straight double doubles along with 2.67 blocks he's averaged just 6 pts, 8 boards, and 0.67 blocks in his last 3.  He's also had 7 turnover in those 3 games and is shooting less than 50% while his minutes seem to be trending down. 

Hard to drop b/c he plays Tues/Thur/Sun next week.  But if he's not getting the blocks he's not a great fit in my build and I'm looking to stream his roster spot if the trend continues as I suspect.

Very hard to drop him, I’m going through the same thing. I want to stream his spot but we all know his upside. 

52 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

Very hard to drop him, I’m going through the same thing. I want to stream his spot but we all know his upside. 

1 hour ago, VaTerp said:

Last year in 26 starts as center he posted 8.3 rebounds, 7.2 points and 1.2 blocks per game, so to me there is no upside. He had some outlier games, and will have other such games, but he will suck in the same amount of games.

Edited by HerrMcKenzie
  • Like 2

Einstein was an outlier. Wilt’s 100 pt game was an outlier. Technically something that happens again and again is relevant to the sample. All these “outlier” 2x2s that keep popping up since Vuc went down (3 in 8 games working on 4/9 tonight), with elite blocks for good measure, have kept this POS in the top 100. Drop city /S.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2018 at 3:34 AM, bdy1 said:

Einstein was an outlier. Wilt’s 100 pt game was an outlier. Technically something that happens again and again is relevant to the sample. All these “outlier” 2x2s that keep popping up since Vuc went down (3 in 8 games working on 4/9 tonight), with elite blocks for good measure, have kept this POS in the top 100. Drop city /S.

Let me say it this way: These outliers do count, of course they do, but they represent in no way is average. His average will be about 8.3 rebounds, 7.2 points and 1.2 blocks per game with decent/good FG% and bad FT% (like in his starts last year). Since Vuce went down (12/23) he is averaging 8.9 rebounds, 7.8 points and 1.36 blocks per game. So to the people talking about the upside: There is next to none. For me (in my 11team-league) he is not worth a pickup (esp. since I do not need his blocks and want to improve in FT%).

Edited by HerrMcKenzie

33 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

since I do not need his blocks and want to improve in FT%).

Have you noticed his FT% while he is starting though?

20 minutes ago, Manos A said:

Have you noticed his FT% while he is starting though?

Jup, he is 16/19 from the stripe without Vuvevic. Very small sample size and not sustainable for a 56% FT shooter (64.9% this season, 53.4% last season, 45.7% last season as starting center).

7 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Jup, he is 16/19 from the stripe without Vuvevic. Very small sample size and not sustainable for a 56% FT shooter (64.9% this season, 53.4% last season, 45.7% last season as starting center).

I agree, but you cant say at tihs point that he will hurt his owners Ft%

1 hour ago, Manos A said:

I agree, but you cant say at tihs point that he will hurt his owners Ft%

Until now he didnt, thats true

Now... I didn't need him to win this week... but damn why did i keep him on my bench :(

He's playing great

Edited by ejaggit