bgar15

Early 2018 Top 20 Rankings

10 hours ago, Tomptastic said:

Hi all,

A Brit here. Finding this all very interesting reading all your insights on the next years rankings already. However, I have a question. Why is everyone putting Dalvin Cook so far up the rankings when he played 3 games and then got injured? Doesn't this make him a risk? Or is it worth the gamble as he has age on his side. Personally, given the option, of Cook or Ingram/Hunt would it not be better to go for the proven RB?

Addition - Also the Vikings have 2 other decent RB's!

The talent is there, I'd have no problem spending a top 15-20 pick on him. Latavius Murray isnt anything special

10 hours ago, Tomptastic said:

Hi all,

A Brit here. Finding this all very interesting reading all your insights on the next years rankings already. However, I have a question. Why is everyone putting Dalvin Cook so far up the rankings when he played 3 games and then got injured? Doesn't this make him a risk? Or is it worth the gamble as he has age on his side. Personally, given the option, of Cook or Ingram/Hunt would it not be better to go for the proven RB?

Im pretty sure McKinnon is a UFA after this season.

11 hours ago, Tomptastic said:

Hi all,

First off, Murray is not a good RB. He has nice burst and top end speed but that is it. He has the lateral movement of a cow and goes down in the secondary with extreme ease. He is no threat whatsoever to Cook.

Second off, Cook is a very good RB. Yes, he didn't play much but through the games he did we saw an absolute full-blown workhorse in the making.

22 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

First off, Murray is not a good RB. He has nice burst and top end speed but that is it. He has the lateral movement of a cow and goes down in the secondary with extreme ease. He is no threat whatsoever to Cook.

Second off, Cook is a very good RB. Yes, he didn't play much but through the games he did we saw an absolute full-blown workhorse in the making.

I liked cook this season and drafted him. Then traded him away for Julio right before his injury. 

However, I am probably staying away next year. A young guy who looked good but coming off a torn ACL. He will be tough for me to draft but I do believe he will be cheap 

26 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I liked cook this season and drafted him. Then traded him away for Julio right before his injury. 

However, I am probably staying away next year. A young guy who looked good but coming off a torn ACL. He will be tough for me to draft but I do believe he will be cheap 

If he's healthy in training camp, I don't think he'll be cheap.  I doubt he gets out of the second round.

• Like 2

In ppr here are my top 24. 

1. Gurley

2. Zeke

3. DJ

4. Hopkins

5. Bell

6. Kamara

7. Beckham 

8. Brown

9. McCoy

10. Fournette

11. Hunt

12. Delvin Cook

13. Julio

14. Gordon

15. Mark Ingram

16. Devonta Freeman

17. Michael Thomas

18. Green

19. Evans

20. Devante Adams

21. Tyreek Hill

22. Gronkowski

23. Drake

24. McCaffery

On 12/29/2017 at 8:21 AM, Tomptastic said:

Hi all,

Dalvin Cook was a top 5 overall RB before he went down.

His talent is far superior to McKinnon and Murray.

Guys return from acls al the time so Cook should be valued as a top 10 RB.

On 12/29/2017 at 2:57 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

I'd rather draft Devante Adams than Julio Jones.

JJ is #3 in yards for WR's. And Devante is Green Bay's best WR right now (with Rodgers coming back next year).

Win/Win

1 hour ago, lavaman said:

JJ is #3 in yards for WR's. And Devante is Green Bay's best WR right now (with Rodgers coming back next year).

Win/Win

JJ solid in roto but doesn’t get many TDs or rz targets and inconsistent in h2h. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2017 at 3:09 AM, Gohawks said:

My top 20 for standard as of now:

1. Josh Gordon

2. Zeke

3. Johnson

4. Bell

5. Gurley

6. Brown

7. Fournette

8. Hopkins

9. Barkley 

10. Cook

11. Kamara

12. Hunt

13. M. Thomas

14. Melvin Gordon

15. ODB

16. Gronk

17. Freeman

18. Allen

19. AJ

20. Julio

Few things to note.

1. I always have been a believer in Gurleys talent but at the same time, this season is a little bit of a Cinderella story for the entire Rams team. I expect them to return to 9-7 or 10-6 next season and at the same time Gurley to regress to around 4-5th overall at RB. Nothing too much clearly still very elite

2. I also expect Michael Thomas to put up top 5 WR numbers. Drew Brees had a somewhat down year and Thomas only had 5 TDs which is a little ridiculous. I see him as a double-digit TD guy. 

3. Barkley will beast no matter where he goes. He is utter fantasy gold. A running back that is a true bell-cow 3 down back. 

A healthy Spencer Ware if he isnt traded is going t torpedo Hunt's value. particularly if they cut chachandrick west and Hunt doesnt improve in pass protection. 

Barkley looks a lot like Kamara to me. 

He is a guy that may crack the first 2-3 rounds. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

JJ solid in roto but doesn’t get many TDs or rz targets and inconsistent in h2h. 

Julio was 4th in targets inside the 10.  At some point we have to start blaming that "MVP caliber" QB he has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tenner said:

He'll crack the late 1st or early 2nd guaranteed.  Doesn't matter where he ends up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mark my words goodwin will finish as a top 7 wr if he stays healthy, Garrapalo looks legit and makes goodwin look like AB with less TDs, he will have Landry like numbers which makes me put him just after ingram at 20

37 minutes ago, Who Dat Nation 91 said:

Mark my words goodwin will finish as a top 7 wr if he stays healthy, Garrapalo looks legit and makes goodwin look like AB with less TDs, he will have Landry like numbers which makes me put him just after ingram at 20

Garcon won't effect Goodwin at all?

19 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Garcon won't effect Goodwin at all?

I think Taylor is effected more than goodwin. I think goodwin is a wr1 garcon is a wr3 and kittle is a te1 next year. just my opinion though I know its a big jump.

2 hours ago, Who Dat Nation 91 said:

I can see it but the problem is that's way too much unknown variables for top 20.

8 hours ago, Tenner said:

Hes a first rounder by next years draft.

6 hours ago, Who Dat Nation 91 said:

I'll target both Goodwin and that Trent Taylor guy. Goodwin isn't a household name to the casual fantasy player and would be a great value pick. Good things will come your way if you get him the 5th round and on. 

On 12/28/2017 at 3:09 AM, Gohawks said:

Drew Brees had a somewhat down year and Thomas only had 5 TDs which is a little ridiculous. I see him as a double-digit TD guy. 

It was surely a down year for fantasy, but Brees managed his best completion percentage ever (72!) and had about 140 less pass attempts this year.  The running game and defense really cut down his production.  I'm not sure what that means for Thomas next year if things stay the same.

On 12/30/2017 at 8:23 PM, dashoe said:

A healthy Spencer Ware if he isnt traded is going t torpedo Hunt's value. particularly if they cut chachandrick west and Hunt doesnt improve in pass protection. 

Ya I posted something similar.

Ware had the job before he got hurt. Can't see drafting Hunt if he is still there.

13 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Ware had the job before he got hurt. Can't see drafting Hunt if he is still there.

ideal situation is they produce like ingram ad kamara but that is more the fantasy wish than a reality.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

It's going to be interesting. Chiefs will likely have a new OC and I would imagine Ware will play on 3rd down a lot. With that being said, Hunt just won the rushing title and should only get better next year. 

3 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

It's going to be interesting. Chiefs will likely have a new OC and I would imagine Ware will play on 3rd down a lot. With that being said, Hunt just won the rushing title and should only get better next year. 

I see Ware as more of a change of pace guy.  When Hunt got overworked is production declined, having Ware healthy might actually help Hunt.  Hunt will go in the first round.

In ppr here are my top 24. 

1. Gurley

2. DJ

3. Hopkins

4. Bell

5. Brown

6. Zeke

7. Beckham 

8. Kamara

9. Julio

10. Hunt

11. Michael Thomas