phatrat

2018 Completed Trades Thread

On 2018-03-19 at 6:05 PM, Low and Away said:

Team in signature

Traded: Albies

Got back: Severino and Estrada

Still not sure about the trade and I offered it.   My reasoning is the rebuild is going fine but pitching is really hurting. Didn't lose much age wise but 2nd base is my weak spot going forward now. Offered it and an hour later went back to cancel it but he had already accepted it.

I would have done that trade.  Top 10 pitchers don't become available every day.  

Feeling a bit of sellers remorse I think but in 10 team 35 man roster dynasty, 400 salary cap

Salaries go up $2 every year.

I sent

Ozzie Albies $4

Ian Happ $ 10 

For 

Alex Bregman $12.

Posted (edited)

Just accepted, team in sig.  

Give Dylan Bundy

Get Matt Olson  

Don't absolutely need a 1B (probably wouldn't have thought to offer the trade tbh), but Olson has a higher ceiling at 1B than Bundy does at SP.  Lower floor makes it a bit of a risk, but Bundy was my number six pitcher in a league where you can only start six per week.

Edited by phillyphan21
  • Like 1

must be nice to make these kind of trades.........Corey Seager(top 5 SS) straight up for Archie Bradley(may not be the closer)

On 2018-03-01 at 10:52 PM, pagkerguy8 said:

Pathetic that this trade was accepted....it's an auction league.......27 dollar George Springer(23 ranking) straight up for 1 dollar jedd gyorko (272 ranking)

ScreenHunter_237 Mar. 01 21.38.jpg

That’s garbage. 

Posted (edited)

I just traded Mookie Betts and Jake Odorizzi for Max Scherzer and Justin Your. I feel like I got a pretty damn good deal!!!!!  I wasn't that high on Betts and regretted taking him with my first pick, fell to me at 7 and he was rated top 5 by all the rankings I saw so I panicked and took him.

Trying to work a trade for Gary Sanchez now....

head to head 10 teams

Edited by Jeffh19

Finished my draft and looked a bit light on power for where I project I need to be so flipped $15 Eric Hosmer for $13 Joey Gallo.  Also felt like the keeper potential for Gallo was better.  I expect them to have similar stats except in HR and AVG so crossing my fingers that Gallo can make a bit more contact this year.  I don't think it would take much to make him take a significant jump in the 5x5 format for the league.

On 3/19/2018 at 6:05 PM, Low and Away said:

Team in signature

Traded: Albies

Got back: Severino and Estrada

Still not sure about the trade and I offered it.   My reasoning is the rebuild is going fine but pitching is really hurting. Didn't lose much age wise but 2nd base is my weak spot going forward now. Offered it and an hour later went back to cancel it but he had already accepted it.

Wish I could pull this off in my league (pitching is very scarce. Think you did very well getting Severino though.

traded Sonny Gray and Nunez for Luke Weaver.

Lance Lynn and Matt Shoemaker for Andrelton Simmons and Ryan O Hearn in a AL only keeper league. Shoemaker in last year of his contact.

Gave: Odor and McCullers

Got: CarMart and Bell

Gave:

Ozuna and Kingery

Got:

Ian Happ and JD Martinez

in my OBP $$ league.

14 team keeper points league.  

Traded Dozier and Conforto for Albies and Luis Castillo.

The rest of my core is young (G.Sanchez, Correa, Devers, Hoskins) and so I felt that the additional points that Dozier scores this year (maybe 10% more) is outweighed by his being 31 and getting a keeper 2nd basemen in Albies that is a decade younger.  I'm also skeptical about Conforto picking up right where he left off this year despite the optimism about his faster than expected return.

I was stoked about this deal but the feedback I've gotten on this trade hasn't been positive.

Thoughts?

traded Yelich/Odor/JoseMartinez, and got Ozuna/Merrifield/Mikolas in return.

gave:

Machado/Eaton

Got:

Yelich/Shaw

• Confused 1

Gave Ian Happ for Chris Taylor in an OBP league.

Gave: Adrian Beltre, Felipe Rivero

Get: Anthony Rendon

5x5 h2h categories league

Gave: Sean Doolittle

Get: Daniel Murphy

5x5 h2h categories league