phatrat

2018 Completed Trades Thread

12 team dynasty league traditional 5x5 categories. 

I get: Jose Ramirez, Ozuna, Rodon and McCullers 

I give: Machado, JD Martinez,  Clevinger and Greinke

After this season I would lose Machado's 3B eligibility and I already have Turner at SS.  Fair?

12 team 5x5 h2h redraft

gave j up, votto, mikolas

got judge

seems like kinda alot but maybe thats just the name value of votto (got him cheap in a trade early in the year, maybe should of stuck with thames and jose martinez)

I gave Benintendi, Khris Davis, and Cody Allen

I got Altuve and Nola

14 team redraft OPS and QS

• Like 2

On 6/22/2018 at 1:37 AM, cizastro said:

12 team dynasty league traditional 5x5 categories. 

I get: Jose Ramirez, Ozuna, Rodon and McCullers 

I give: Machado, JD Martinez,  Clevinger and Greinke

After this season I would lose Machado's 3B eligibility and I already have Turner at SS.  Fair?

I see what your saying but I would have kept what you had. 

It’s not a terrible trade but I like the Machado side more. 

14 Team Dynasty H2H 6x6 Forever Keepers.

Gave: Joey Gallo, Kevin Gausman, 2019 3rd rd pick.

Got: Brandon Belt, 2019 1st rd pick, 2019 3rd rd pick.

Gallo was not helping me with all of his K's and I needed to open a slot.  I'm excited about getting a 2019 1st rd pick to give me two in addition to swapping 2019 3rd rd picks. Belt will help alot with his OBP, lesser K's and decent power. Gausman will be replaced by Ray when he is activated. 

8 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

I see what your saying but I would have kept what you had. 

It’s not a terrible trade but I like the Machado side more. 

I appreciate your feedback.  I have Devers at 3B but he hasn't proven yet that he can be an elite 3B.  With Machado likely being SS only next season that was my biggest concern.  My roster is pretty stacked through good minor league drafting/trades over the years so my lineup is now:

C - Sanchez

1B - Goldy/Matt Olson

2B - Altuve/Moncada

3B - J. Ramirez, Devers

SS - Turner, Semien

OF - Pham, Ozuna, Pollock, Mazara, Brinson

SP - Price, S. Gray, McCullers, Rodon, Sale, Arrieta, Darvish

RP - Morrow, Jansen, Chapman, Giles

I have Juan Soto waiting to be called up as well.

Edited by cizastro

I gave Max Scherzer

I received Altuve, Cole, Carrasco, Suarez. 

Looking to trade for an OF now. 

Keeper league (5 hitters, 2 pitchers)

25 man league: ( I will ultimately have to drop 2)
C: Buster Posey (C, 1B)
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Jose Altuve, Whit Merrifield (1B, 2B, OF), Jed Lowrie
3B: Alex Bragman (3B, SS), Anthony Rendon, Brian Anderson (3B, OF)
SS: Elvis Andrus
OF: Mitch Haniger
OF: Lorenzo Cain (Just went on DL for a ~week)
OF: Brett Gardner
U: Teoscar Hernandez (OF), Eugenio Suarez (3B)

SP: Gerrit Cole, Carlos Carrasco (Off DL next weekish) , Zack Greinke, Lance McCullers, Jose Quintana, Julio Teheran, Jake Junis, Vince Valesquez, Chase Anderson, Alex Wood, Luis Castillo
RP: Edwin Diaz, Brad Hand
DL: Ervin Santana

My Drop Candidates: Brett Gardner, Brian Anderson, Luis Castillo

Looking for OF now, one team has Judge, Betts, Blackmon, Bellinger (1B, OF)

What do you think it would take to trade for like Blackmon or Bellinger?

Edited by Heroebal
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2018 at 7:02 PM, Heroebal said:

I gave Max Scherzer

I received Altuve, Cole, Carrasco, Suarez. 

Looking to trade for an OF now. 

Keeper league (5 hitters, 2 pitchers)

25 man league: ( I will ultimately have to drop 2)
C: Buster Posey (C, 1B)
1B: Jose Abreu
2B: Jose Altuve, Whit Merrifield (1B, 2B, OF), Jed Lowrie
3B: Alex Bragman (3B, SS), Anthony Rendon, Brian Anderson (3B, OF)
SS: Elvis Andrus
OF: Mitch Haniger
OF: Lorenzo Cain (Just went on DL for a ~week)
OF: Brett Gardner
U: Teoscar Hernandez (OF), Eugenio Suarez (3B)

SP: Gerrit Cole, Carlos Carrasco (Off DL next weekish) , Zack Greinke, Lance McCullers, Jose Quintana, Julio Teheran, Jake Junis, Vince Valesquez, Chase Anderson, Alex Wood, Luis Castillo
RP: Edwin Diaz, Brad Hand
DL: Ervin Santana

My Drop Candidates: Brett Gardner, Brian Anderson, Luis Castillo

Looking for OF now, one team has Judge, Betts, Blackmon, Bellinger (1B, OF)

What do you think it would take to trade for like Blackmon or Bellinger?

your initial trade is absurd. 

On 6/25/2018 at 12:10 PM, cizastro said:

I appreciate your feedback.  I have Devers at 3B but he hasn't proven yet that he can be an elite 3B.  With Machado likely being SS only next season that was my biggest concern.  My roster is pretty stacked through good minor league drafting/trades over the years so my lineup is now:

C - Sanchez

1B - Goldy/Matt Olson

2B - Altuve/Moncada

3B - J. Ramirez, Devers

SS - Turner, Semien

OF - Pham, Ozuna, Pollock, Mazara, Brinson

SP - Price, S. Gray, McCullers, Rodon, Sale, Arrieta, Darvish

RP - Morrow, Jansen, Chapman, Giles

I have Juan Soto waiting to be called up as well.

I hear what your saying but you don’t trade a guy like Machado just because of position eligibility. 

I would have moved Devers or Turner before I moved Machado. Macho could have been your  starting SS or slide him into your U spot. You find a spot for a bat like that. 

he’s on pace for 40ish homers this season. 

Like i said, it’s not a horrible trade but I would have stayed out.

I wish you luck man 

I just traded Jose Martinez  (3 year keeper eligible) for Anthony Rizzo (No keeper eligibility).  Nice upgrade for my offense.  Don’t need the keeper as I am maxed out.

in same league, also just traded Syndergaard, Pham (keeper eligible), and Britton (keeper eligible) for Mike Trout.  Again, didn’t need the keeper players, so another nice upgrade to my offense.  I’ve never owned Trout, so going to enjoy it while it lasts.  I just don’t trust Syndergaard anymore

Hey all. I'm in a 12 team 10x10 roto league, Keep 7! (Keepers are slotted in their original draft pick and replace that pick)

Within the last 2 weeks I made a couple trades and looking to see what you guys think, my locked-in keepers not involved in these trades are JoRam, Machado, Benintendi and Kluber

Trade 1

I gave up:

Votto (rd 7 keeper), Syndergaard (Rd 1 keeper), Boxberger, and a 2019 rd 5 pick

I received: 

Bregman (rd 19 keeper), Berrios (rd 20 keeper), 2019 rd 15 pick

Trade 2

I gave up:

Carlos Martinez (Rd 2 keeper), Marcell Ozuna (Rd 20 keeper), and a rd 8 2019 pick

I received:

Blake Snell (Rd 16 keeper), Conforto (lol), and a rd 12 2019 pick

What do you guys think?? Did I win both? Lose both? How important do u guys weigh future draft picks in keeper leagues?? 

Edited by BleachedBuchholz

14 Team Keeper (Keep any 3 after the season and 2 Rookies):

I gave:

Soto, Meadows, Kopech, Siemien

I got:

Lindor, Stripling, Bichette

After making 20 trades throughout the course of last season in my keeper league, I promised myself I would take it easy this year. Due to injuries, and some slow starts, I haven't been able to gain any momentum (yet) in 2018, but I have been able to control the trade cravings, and set myself up for a late season run, and/or 2019 and beyond. I have made 4 trades to date:

Pre-Season- My Keuchel for his Abreu...Other owner was starving for an "ace" and I wanted to dump of Keuchel in a bad way. He would have cost $26 to protect (Abreu was $21.) If I was garunteed another year of elite pitching, I may have held, but I was very uncertain what 2018 would have in store. Abreu hasn't been amazing, but Keuchel has been a dumpster fire.

Pre-Season- My Cruz/Dozier for his Kershaw. I owned Keuchel (who I wanted to move) and Thor ($10) and a bunch of young cheap bats. I figured if I could get one or two more years of vi tage Kershaw, I could afford him (for $51!), and my pitching would be untouchable. Giving up a pontential 70 HR for a SP made me uneasy, but also assumed Cruz's decline had to begin sometime.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, my offense was anemic, and the black hole on my team was my OF. I was near the bottom of the standings, but a lot of the teams above me had terrible rosters. Other teams above me we're already talking about 2019. I was stuck between making a run at this season, or starting to build for next. Then I start hearing talk about a possible Bellinger demotion!

Sent my Bellinger/Berrios for his Dozier/Yelich/ Wade Davis. Berrios and Bellinger were both dirt cheap from a keeper standpoint, but Berrios sunk me when he fell off a cliff last season in the second half. Bellinger was playing terrible up to this point, and obviously Dozier's annual second half power surge is just around the corner. Yelich is $24 to keep, but fills a huge hole in my OF, and Davis had solid numbers on the season. The day I traded Bellinger he hit a HR, and the day after, and the day after, but Yelich is everything I want in a player on my team. Dozier is older, but at least I know exactly what I was getting. The outcome is still TBD, but I went with the safe side here IMO.

Today I traded my Kershaw/Muncy/Marco Gonzales for his Blackmon/Nimmo/Weaver. Muncy and Gonzales were waiver grabs for me, and I've been shopping Kershaw hard since just before he came of the DL. Blackmon and Nimmo have been ice cold and Weaver has been terrible, but for 2019 all three combined will only cost $18 to protect ($14 if I ditch Weaver.) Muncy has been white hot but my IF is stacked, so I've been benching Dozier for him lately. Dumping Kershaw allows me a lot of flexibility in next year's auction, so if Blackmon has 2-3 solid seasons left in him, then I like this deal overall. 

Deep 14-team dynasty

Our draft was this January, and I hit on a lot of valuable depth pieces and had a solid Minors draft.

so lately I've been on a rampage, flipping good player(s) + excess depth for elite players.

I've given up a lot, but hopefully, it will be worth it in the long run. I'm skeptical though. Maybe winning via depth was the way to go. (currently in 2nd place)

This is the net of 5 separate trades:

Sent:

Trea Turner

Rafael Devers

Ozzie Albies

A.J. Pollock

J.T. Realmuto

Mike Clevinger

Jose Martinez

Gregory Polanco

Ian Anderson

Griffin Canning

Colton Welker

Khalil Lee

Ian Kinsler

Carlos Gonzalez

Brusdar Graterol

Received:

Mike Trout

Francisco Lindor

Ronald Acuna 

Keston Hiura

Brian Anderson

Brusdar Graterol (I traded him away, then re-acquired him)

Taijuan Walker

Todd Frazier

Lewin Diaz

Desmond Lindsay

Peter Lambert

Christian Vasquez

I gave up a ton of speed with Trea, Albies, and Pollock. And some really good (but not transcendent) players in Jose Martinez, Realmuto, and Clevinger. 

Losing Welker, Anderson, and Canning is also a tough blow to the farm. 

Devers has great potential, but I'm not sold on his long-term prospects the way I am with a guy like Acuna - and I felt okay pairing him with Trea to land Mike Trout. 

I stand by the Trout trade. I've never been lucky enough to roster him in fantasy (well, since a 2013 redraft anyhow). He is only 26 too, which is ridiculous.

I'm a bit less confident in the Acuna trade. That was a lot to give up. Pollock is a sketchy fantasy player, but when healthy he is elite. JoMart has really evolved into an above-average bat, and Clevinger can probably be a solid SP3 over the next few years. I'm also sad to see Ian Anderson go. This trade is all about Acuna's potential. If he becomes who I think he can become(a 30-homer, 30-steal stud) he'll be a dynamite dynasty asset and worth every penny. If he peaks as... I dunno... a poor man's George Springer with 20-steals... it may be an overpay. He could always bust hard too, but I don't see that happening. He isn't some Buxton-esque project. (This trade was pretty divisive in Bench Coach forum - some people thought it was an instant "Do it!"... others thought it was too many solid pieces to lose)

The Lindor/Ozzie trade is largely about two things: one, trading Trea left a substantial hole at shortstop (I don't buy Eduardo Escobar long-term), and two, I'm confident that one of - if not both - Luis Urias and Keston Hiura can be above-average fantasy second basemen (I also have Scooter), and Lindor is a better fit for my squad.

So, after the trades, I'm feeling good about my team nucleus - particularly considering the depth of this league, in which basically every MLB player with a pulse is rostered.

Mike Trout

Francisco Lindor

George Springer

Ronald Acuna

Rhys Hoskins

Matt Olson

with a farm featuring:

Keston Hiura

Luis Robert

Willie Calhoun

Luis Urias

Brent Honeywell

Brusdar Graterol

Cool monologue, dude. Please, give us another rambling essay about your fake baseball team that no one cares about. keep 'em coming!

Edited by RotoBird

17 hours ago, fatbob166 said:

Today I traded my Kershaw/Muncy/Marco Gonzales for his Blackmon/Nimmo/Weaver. Muncy and Gonzales were waiver grabs for me, and I've been shopping Kershaw hard since just before he came of the DL. Blackmon and Nimmo have been ice cold and Weaver has been terrible, but for 2019 all three combined will only cost $18 to protect ($14 if I ditch Weaver.) Muncy has been white hot but my IF is stacked, so I've been benching Dozier for him lately. Dumping Kershaw allows me a lot of flexibility in next year's auction, so if Blackmon has 2-3 solid seasons left in him, then I like this deal overall. 

Abreu's .801 OPS isn't winning many hearts, but he's sure been more valuable than Dallas Keuchel. Yikes. I'd say you won that one.

I understand pulling the trigger on the Yelich trade. He is super, super solid. And Dozier is an underappreciated fantasy stud, particularly in OBP. Still, Bellinger and Berrios is a lot of youth+potential to give up. I still think Bellinger will be a star - although he isn't warranting that 3rd/4th round price tag (not that Dozier is either). Big 2nd half surge coming for both of them. Wade Davis has been good. Honestly not sure which side I prefer here. 

Funny enough, Kershaw was flipped for Blackmon in my dynasty league as well. One guy was flush with pitching, but had a weak offense, and the other was flush with hitting, but had weak pitching. It was a natural fit. I like the trade for you, though I think with time you'll miss Muncy. Nimmo/Weaver are real nice ancillary pieces though!

Edited by RotoBird
  • Thanks 1

Traded Jed Lowrie for Obdubal Herrera & Brandon Belt.

Not feeling great about it though. I think I would have been better to target a pitcher or keep Jed as fill in case Altuve gets hurt.

Team’s in signature.

gave j up

got correa  

gamble on correa. hopefully his back isnt that bad

12 team 5x5 redraft h2h

Edited by colepenhagen

In a 12 team keep 3,. I just completed this trade

I sent 

Soto

McCullers

Boxberger

I got

Bellinger

Bauer

DeJong

1st base and MI have been weak spots on team.

Made two deals today in a 12 team, 17 category, H2H redraft league:

1)  Gave - Rizzo/Albies

Got - Harper/Yelich

2) Gave - Machado

Got - Votto/Andrus

gave ozzie, acuna, gleyber, junior guerra

got jo ram and ozuna

12 team redraft 5x5 h2h

10-team 5x5 dynasty.  Gave Travis Shaw and Teoscar Hernandez for Nick Markakis and Cody Allen. Purely a category needs move to win this season at the expense of some dynasty upside, but I'm also kind of glad to move on from Shaw, who isn't stealing bases anymore (0 for 2 after going 10 for 10 last year) and isn'tz hitting lefties at all (45 wRC+ this year after holding his own at 96 last year.)  Still a Teoscar believer, but he was a bench player on this team and I'd rather have quality saves from a closer who's highly unlikely to lose his job at the deadline.