Sign in to follow this  
kelle1sa

2018 Keeper Question - Ingram vs Henry

Early Keeper question - League in Signature.

Ingram in the 5th

Henry in the 10th

Unsure if I can trust NO for another year of being a running powerhouse and I'd hate to miss on Henry's 1st chance at being a workhorse (assuming it happens).  In the future, I could keep again for a 2 round price, so 2019 could be Ingram - 3rd or Henry in 8th.  If Henry hits, keeping him in the 8th for '19 would be huge.

Thoughts?

I won't lie, I don't fully understand all the keeper leagues and dynasty leagues as we just re-draft here every year (or I have done in every league I play in). However, if the question is as simple as do I keep Ingram or do I keep Henry for next year. Then you always have to go for Ingram, surely?

Ok. I think I get it, you're questioning the value in keeping Ingram over keeping Henry not just for this season but for many seasons to come? And how many seasons Ingram has left in him. So if Ingram only has one season he doesn't hold as much value keeping him then if Henry becomes the No. 1 RB for the Titans and goes on to have another 6 great seasons.

If I've understood this correctly I still think I'd be tempted to go with Ingram. However, I have no reason for this. It's just a gut feeling. Which probably doesn't help you much! So my advice would be to go with your gut.

Thank you for the input.  Basically, this is a re-draft league where we just implemented 1 keeper this season.  So for 2017, I drafted Ingram in the 7th rd and Henry in the 12th.  The price to keep 1 player is 2 rounds.  So next year's Draft, I can have Ingram as my 5th round pick or Henry as my 10th round pick.  It's early so I  know things can change.  Just trying to gauge some opinions on the value of keeping one or the other.  If Henry hits, like I think he can, having a RB1 or top RB2 as a 10th rd pick, would be huge.  Hope I explained that well.

4 minutes ago, jumper said:

How many teams in the league and how many keepers per team? 

League in Signature.  10 teams - 1 keeper per team, not required.

2 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I think it's an easy call for Henry here given he will cost you a very late flier as opposed to the 5th. 

Thank you.  That is my thinking as well.  IF Henry is given the reins and hits, I can keep him the next couple years at a discount.  I think Ingram CAN reproduce this season next year, but the opportunity cost if he does not, is greater than if Henry flops.

3 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

Thank you.  That is my thinking as well.  IF Henry is given the reins and hits, I can keep him the next couple years at a discount.  I think Ingram CAN reproduce this season next year, but the opportunity cost if he does not, is greater than if Henry flops.

Yes, that would work out well should Henry work out which looks like a good chance but certainly not a slam dunk. It's not completely out of the question the Titans could draft someone like Derrius Guice (he'd be good value at TEN's current #21 pick if still available) and that would blow a hole in Henry's value.  But as you pointed out if the most likely situation plays out then a 10th for a possible workhorse back is an amazing deal for you. 

OTOH, Ingram is a known quantity stud whose team already drafted another stud RB in Kamara and it might have even helped Ingram's value.  Thus I wouldn't fault you at all for keeping Ingram since with only a single keeper I feel it's more important to get certain value out of the pick than upside. Getting an almost guaranteed RB1/RB2 guy like Ingram with a 5th round cost is nothing to sneeze at. Plus Ingram's consistency makes him one of my favorite players in a season long fantasy format.  The variation on most other RBs will drive you nuts sometimes. 

Good luck either way.  

• Like 1

Honestly probably one of those situations where you've got to wait and see. Ingram could be a free agent if he's named to the All-Pro team. So who knows if he'll even be in NO next season. And it's hard to tell if both DeMarco and Henry will be in Tennessee or not next season and what their expected rolls will be. As it is right now, I'd keep Ingram with the 5th round pick. But a lot can change between now and when you have to make the decision.

• Like 1

To early to tell.  Will Ingram be back in NO?? Will Ten bring Murray back or draft another RB??  If you have to make the choice right now its pretty easy you go with the top 6 RB in Ingram at a 5th round price.

16 hours ago, kelle1sa said:

Thank you for the input.  Basically, this is a re-draft league where we just implemented 1 keeper this season.  So for 2017, I drafted Ingram in the 7th rd and Henry in the 12th.  The price to keep 1 player is 2 rounds.  So next year's Draft, I can have Ingram as my 5th round pick or Henry as my 10th round pick.  It's early so I  know things can change.  Just trying to gauge some opinions on the value of keeping one or the other.  If Henry hits, like I think he can, having a RB1 or top RB2 as a 10th rd pick, would be huge.  Hope I explained that well.

Yes, that's a great explanation. Thank you. Well in this format I can see your dilemma. You could get a top RB at a very low cost for many years to come. But Ingram at the cost of a R5 pick is not to be taken lightly. He is a first 2 round pick in my opinion due to the points he puts up every week. As others have mentioned there are many variables which could change who you keep. If you can sit on it till just before the draft next season, I would. If you have to make the choice now, I'd go Ingram.

Keep Derrick Henry with you're pick, Murray likely won't be back with Tenn next year. He's way too old and has endless wear & tear on those tires. 

Ingram is a stud & i think he will be solid again for NO & 5th rd value is really good. But I like the idea of keeping Henry. He will eventually be the guy & I feel you can get a solid player in the 5th Rd. But no issues if you roll with Ingram. NO wants to keep Brees & their run game allows Brees to not have to throw 40 times every game & keep his arm/shoulder a bit healthier. Good luck!