High&Inside

James Paxton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2018-11-28. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

Curious to see how Big James handles the Red Sox. As good as they are, they are really bad against LHP (85 wRC+ and .299 wOBA). They are also 5th in K% with 24.4%. I'm still nervous, but I'd be happy with 6 IP, 2 ER, and 6 K. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Battered against the Sox. I'll be sitting again next week. 

 

Yeah, he got beat up pretty good, but I'm still going to start him @NYY. He's too good, imho, to bench him, even in Yankee Stadium. He might not pitch a gem, but I think he's too good to have a repeat performance. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

Yeah, he got beat up pretty good, but I'm still going to start him @NYY. He's too good, imho, to bench him, even in Yankee Stadium. He might not pitch a gem, but I think he's too good to have a repeat performance. 

I don't blame you. [ Removed Cool Story ] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think Hanniger’s butchery on the JD flyball should have been recorded as an error and Pax should have earned 1 and not 5. But w/e  book is closed. On to the next one. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Still think Hanniger’s butchery on the JD flyball should have been recorded as an error and Pax should have earned 1 and not 5. But w/e  book is closed. On to the next one. 

 

I didn't see it...what happened?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

I didn't see it...what happened?

 

Haniger got a bad read on a flyball and it just went off the top of his glove.  IMO, 90% of RF make that play.  Was initially scored as an error and Pax has 1 ER on his line.  In the next inning the scorekeeper went back and called it a JD hit instead of a Haniger error so all the ERs came through.  

 

Pax did give up the HR to Bogey, but in his defense he was already 29 pitches into the 3rd and almost all of them were stressful pitches.  I think he was just trying to get out of the inning and grooved one on a 3-1 count and Bogey didn't miss.  

 

Anyway, if Seager & Haniger make their plays the 3rd inning ends 1-3 instead of 6-3.  w/e, s--- happens but I walked away thinking the D let him down and Pax got the raw end of the deal.

 

Capturdde.GIF.6539277ddabaadbf245630a5101b385d.GIF

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ragrag said:

 

Haniger got a bad read on a flyball and it just went off the top of his glove.  IMO, 90% of RF make that play.  Was initially scored as an error and Pax has 1 ER on his line.  In the next inning the scorekeeper went back and called it a JD hit instead of a Haniger error so all the ERs came through.  

 

Pax did give up the HR to Bogey, but in his defense he was already 29 pitches into the 3rd and almost all of them were stressful pitches.  I think he was just trying to get out of the inning and grooved one on a 3-1 count and Bogey didn't miss.  

 

Anyway, if Seager & Haniger make their plays the 3rd inning ends 1-3 instead of 6-3.  w/e, s--- happens but I walked away thinking the D let him down and Pax got the raw end of the deal.

 

Capturdde.GIF.6539277ddabaadbf245630a5101b385d.GIF

 

Okay gotcha. Thanks. I saw JDM get a ROE on the gamecast making him 0-2, but then later saw he was 2-3 and wondered what happened. When Bogaerts hit that HR, I turned the gamecast off, LOL, so I didn't see the scorekeeper make the change. If it went off the top of his glove, I'm not sure how that is scored as anything but an error. There's an outside chance that it's changed back later after the video has been reviewed...so let's hope it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He got railroaded by some questionable score keeping...That Segura play was more than worthy of an error than the Haniger misplay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Two painful outings in a row.

It wasn't painful. He only got hit in the first inning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Identikit said:

It wasn't painful. He only got hit in the first inning. 

 

On the road against the 2 best offenses in the league. I'd try to buy low if I didn't already own him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Identikit said:

It wasn't painful. He only got hit in the first inning. 

 

Actually it was. He contributed a 7.20 ERA and 2.00 WHIP to my stats. I don't care if he did it in one inning or a little at a time...a 7.20 ERA and 2.00 WHIP is painful, no matter how you slice it and try to repackage it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MayorMcCheese said:

 

On the road against the 2 best offenses in the league. I'd try to buy low if I didn't already own him. 

 

His owners aren't selling low after those two outings. They hurt the fantasy stats, but we all know he's going to turn things back around. 

Edited by Flyman75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

 

Actually it was. He contributed a 7.20 ERA and 2.00 WHIP to my stats. I don't care if he did it in one inning or a little at a time...a 7.20 ERA and 2.00 WHIP is painful, no matter how you slice it and try to repackage it. 

Stop. 9K's in 5IP against the best offense in baseball on the road is not painful. It could of been worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2018 at 7:28 PM, Identikit said:

Stop. 9K's in 5IP against the best offense in baseball on the road is not painful.

 

No, but a 7.20 ERA and 2.00 WHIP are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was objectively painful to all our ratios.  Paxton is still a stud, though.  He will rebound.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

 

That’s just plain silly right there folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys taking the over or under that he'll pitch all or most of the season this year ? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.