• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Slamsox27

Starling Marte 2018 Outlook

Day 3 in a row sitting.  Something is up.

22 minutes ago, CAT said:

Day 3 in a row sitting.  Something is up.

For sure.  He was not 100% when he got activated with the oblique issue.  Considering how much he's struggled since he came back, gotta think it is still something bothering him.

3 SBs yesterday

Annoying player to own.

But on pace for a potential  .270 / 80 R / 15 HR / 70 RBI / 35 SB line when no one's stealing even with the AVG down a bit..

Just traded for him, been great the last month or so

On 7/7/2018 at 11:21 AM, b0nfire said:

3 SBs yesterday

Annoying player to own.

But on pace for a potential  .270 / 80 R / 15 HR / 70 RBI / 35 SB line when no one's stealing even with the AVG down a bit..

in my opinion more like .285/90R /20 HR/90 RBI /40 SB line ... don't forget he missed a bunch of time in the first half of the season so his numbers at the break are lower than they should be if he didn't have some time on the shelf. 

22 hours ago, richg24 said:

in my opinion more like .285/90R /20 HR/90 RBI /40 SB line ... don't forget he missed a bunch of time in the first half of the season so his numbers at the break are lower than they should be if he didn't have some time on the shelf. 

He'd need to go on an insane heater to approach this line 

The stretch he's in is easily his best this season..

On 7/11/2018 at 11:03 PM, richg24 said:

Forgot he did hit the shelf with an oblique yeah. Impressive the pace he's on considering, showing he's still at his peak. The steals are really valuable and has about as many homers as last two years combined- hit some bombs out to centre in PNC which shows his power is legit.

• Like 1

Doesn't get too much love but Marte's been sneaky valuable, hasn't he?

25 steals to go along with 13 HRs and an .800 OPS?

Most 20+ steal guys carry OPSes in the .600s.

7 steals in the last week and a half.  

On 11/07/2018 at 6:03 PM, richg24 said:

Doing his best to prove me right haha. Marte on a huge tear right now. Opening his game log of last month is so juicy

Those PEDs sure helped. He’s having a huge year... could go .290 25hr/40sb this season if he keeps it up. He would need 9 more homers and 15 steals. 

Jk about the PEDs... kind of.

I drafted this guy everywhere because I knew there would be value where he was being drafted.  I did not expect him to significantly outperform even his Yahoo preseason ranking, which is what he is doing right now.  Feels good.

Posted (edited)

Lol yet at the top of this page people were fed up with Marte.

Terrible June.

Awesome July.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

4 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Lol yet at the top of this page people were fed up with Marte.

Terrible June.

Awesome July.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think we were more concerned with the dumpster fire known as the Pittsburgh Pirates tbh

Just now, b0nfire said:

I think we were more concerned with the dumpster fire known as the Pittsburgh Pirates tbh

Marte took that fire and lit himself up with it.

now the Bucs are legitimately a part of the WC race, 11 wins in a row... thanks to Marte's hot streak.

Baseball is a fun sport :)

Dammit...HBP in hand in 1st. Apparently took his base & tried to steal but was thrown out. Then did not come out to play CF in the bottom of 1st, replaced by Adam Frazier. 

Saying prayers now. :blink:

2 minutes ago, Identikit said:

It didn't look good. 

Well don't like to hear that... but you would think he's okay if they allowed him to stay in the game and even try to steal.  Right??

Is it ok to say I’m hoping he has to hit DL? First place owner in the hometown roto league is kicking our faces in...

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Phreedom32 said:

Is it ok to say I’m hoping he has to hit DL? First place owner in the hometown roto league is kicking our faces in...

Is it ok to say I hope your whole team hits the DL?

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 8

20 minutes ago, Phreedom32 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Starling Marte will be reexamined when the Pirates return to Pittsburgh on Thursday.

Advice: Marte departed Wednesday afternoon's series finale against the Indians after taking a Trevor Bauer fastball off his left hand in the top of the first inning. He's considered day-to-day for now, but the Bucs apparently want to run some tests and have him checked out by their medical team.

More: Adam Berry on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)