• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Slamsox27

Starling Marte 2018 Outlook

44 minutes ago, Phreedom32 said:

Is it ok to say I’m hoping he has to hit DL? First place owner in the hometown roto league is kicking our faces in...

Richard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Everything looks great, we just want to give you an MRI

It is nerve-wracking, but certainly not out of the norm for a team who is trying to be cautious with their best player.

26 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

It also said discomfort in brackets: Pirates say Starling Marte (left hand "discomfort") will be re-examined when the team gets back to Pittsburgh. For now, he's day to day.

Posted (edited)

Anyone thinking about benching in weekly?

He’s been really really bad the last few weeks

0 Runs and 2 RBI last 9 or 10 games

Edited by Gumbo_Ghost

52 minutes ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Anyone thinking about benching in weekly?

He’s been really really bad the last few weeks

0 Runs and 2 RBI last 9 or 10 games

Yea, he has been pretty cold but I've had him the past few seasons & he does this funk thing from time to time. But he also comes back to life from them pretty quickly & knowing my luck, it'd be when I subbed him out.

If it's any consolation or if you're looking for something to pin hopes on, he's had a good bit of success against the starters PIT is scheduled to face this week.

From 8/20 to 8/26:

5b7aec8fb86c6_Marte-week20.thumb.JPG.d4587af043c816604fd6dee59f9649cb.JPG

But yes, if he puts up another single-digit point week for me, it's going to be tough to not try something else...this is playoff push time & I can't be having 7 or 3 point weeks from my CF.

He's sucked since he got plunked in the hand by Bauer, which conveniently was like 3 days after I traded for him

Benched due to lack of effort in yesterday's game. He didn't really give it 100% on a run to first base that I saw, not sure if there are other examples from Sunday's game. 

Out of the lineup for a 2nd straight day.

I support this. Last time they sat him down 3 days in a row, he responded with his best stretch of the season. I'd love to see that again.

Guy has been worthless for a month now, getting near crunch time with the postseason and he may be heading to dropsville

It seems like just about every player goes through this funk.  One to two months of being worthless.  Even regular players.  

I am thinking about being more proactive with this I think.  After two weeks benching non productive players until they start swinging the bat better.

Problem is when you need those bench spots for other things and can't just wait out 5-7 weeks of a guy doing nothing, and apparently not even trying based on his benching. 

Apparently he visited a doctor today. I assumed more motivational benching but it could be injury.

15 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Apparently he visited a doctor today. I assumed more motivational benching but it could be injury.

Well now he's in the game so he must be OK.

1 hour ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Apparently a sports psychologist or Dr. Phil

• Like 1

I think he is done for the season, calf strains are very painful and they have nothing to play for, i need him too but not counting on it

I’ve dropped him. Hope it wasn’t dumb, but can’t sit around and wait in the championship. 

• Like 1

Dropped as well, for championship week

After owing him almost all year, I gotta say, I didn’t love my Marte experience.

Basically one category, and was caught stealing a league leading 14 tmes.

He’s kind of Harrison Bader but 25x the cost

Edit - More steals, but really how many more in a full year at this point? 10-12

Edited by Gumbo_Ghost
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, ff062018 said:

I’ve dropped him. Hope it wasn’t dumb, but can’t sit around and wait in the championship. 

Oops ? back in the lineup tonight