Sidearmer

Mike Clevinger 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Great streaming option next start against Oakland per Rotoworld for those in leagues with dead people and toddlers.

“Streaming”. ?

• Haha 1

Anybody know when Clevinger is supposed to pitch again?  MLB shows Carrasco, Kluber, and Bieber pitching over the weekend. TBD is showing for Monday and Tuesday. He hasn’t pitched since 7/1. Kind of strange that they would be bumping Bieber in front of him. Maybe they are just trying to give him some extra rest. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Will this guy be on an innings limit? 

Highly highly doubt it. He threw 155.2 IP last year, 146 IP the year before, and he's on pace for about 187 this year. It's not out of the ordinary for an organization to stretch out an SP to throw 30-40 more IP than they did the year before.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phisouza33 said:

Anyone think this guy could have a Nola like break out next year? Does he have Sp 1 potential? 

Not nearly the control or repertoire. 

What do u guys think ROS? What tier of pitchers. He’s been hit or miss. Not sure what to expect. Buy? Sell? 

41 minutes ago, floppy said:

What do u guys think ROS? What tier of pitchers. He’s been hit or miss. Not sure what to expect. Buy? Sell? 

I'd buy. 122 IP/118Ks. Ratios that don't kill you (3.47/1.24). You own him for the Ks primarily and then he just goes off on occasion - always a candidate for a CG and/or double digit Ks in any given outing regardless of opponent. 

16 hours ago, MireLurker said:

One thing I can say for all Indians starters, their remaining schedule is cupcake.

I don't think in my entire history of following fantasy baseball there's been a better divisional situation for pitchers than the AL Central, specifically from the perspective of an Indians' pitcher who doesn't have to play the Indians. The TWINS are the most legitimate offense you have to go up against. And they're a fairly legitimate offense (14th in Rs). The other three sit at 24th, 25th, and 30th in Rs in the MLB, as well as 12th, 13th, and 15th (so three of bottom four, minus Orioles) in the AL. 

Between that and what has been one of the most successful pitching/coaching staffs in developing pitchers over the past few years, anything with a pulse on the mound in cleveland is intriguing to me. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, taobball said:

I don't think in my entire history of following fantasy baseball there's been a better divisional situation for pitchers than the AL Central, specifically from the perspective of an Indians' pitcher who doesn't have to play the Indians. The TWINS are the most legitimate offense you have to go up against. And they're a fairly legitimate offense (14th in Rs). The other three sit at 24th, 25th, and 30th in Rs in the MLB, as well as 12th, 13th, and 15th (so three of bottom four, minus Orioles) in the AL. 

Between that and what has been one of the most successful pitching/coaching staffs in developing pitchers over the past few years, anything with a pulse on the mound in cleveland is intriguing to me. 

Yep. It reminds me of owning Nationals pitchers from 2014-17... pitching against some terrible Mets, Marlins, Phillies and Braves teams with a great offense behind them and in the NL to boot. The Mets did make the World Series in '15, but their offense wasn't really a matchup to avoid in fantasy.

• Like 2

Just a heads up. May miss his start tonight. 

2 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

Damn... think they'll skip his start entirely or push everyone back a day or two?

Kluber in my opinion won't be pushed back.

• Like 1

Bieber goes Monday.  Seems likely that Clevinger goes Monday and swaps spots with Bieber, pushing Bieber back to Thursday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=MLB&id=7018&line=583485&spln=1

If that were to happen, reliever Dan Otero would make the start in his place, in effect making it a bullpen game. Adam Plutko, who has started games for the Tribe this year, was also recalled Saturday, but his arrival at Detroit's Comerica Park may not align with the start of the game. Even if Clevinger does miss the start, it sounds like he should only be pushed back a day or two, and nothing more serious. Jul. 28 - 4:35 pm et 

• Like 1

Clevinger is pitching currently so scratch the above.

Not sure I want to rely on this guy in the playoffs.  Incredibly inconsistent.  Just as prone to clunkers as he is a good game.  6 walks against the Reds today makes me question owning him ROS.

43 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Not sure I want to rely on this guy in the playoffs.  Incredibly inconsistent.  Just as prone to clunkers as he is a good game.  6 walks against the Reds today makes me question owning him ROS.

Lol, who exactly are you dropping him for .....Tommy milone?  Pitching is so bad this year that there’s no chance you’re dropping clevinger / you’re just venting.

Keep the one start complaining off this board please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RBI Sports said:

How in the world did he get the win? The game was tied 2-2 after 5 innings. 

He pitched five innings and was last to pitch before his team went ahead.  And they never relinquished the lead.

As has been the case with Clevy-Boy down the stretch this year - sloppy but effective tonight.