lavaman

Good problem to have (3 Keepers)

HELP...I need 3 out of these 4 (PPR) in my Keeper League next season:

DJ

Kamara

Hunt

JJ

decisions, decisions...

DJ and Kamara are both shoo-ins here, and if you can start three RB I'd lean towards Hunt as the third. If you can only start two RB tho I'd keep Julio.

• Like 1

The 3 RB's roll with & don't deal them! You can always move another player from you're team to get Julio. 

• Like 1

I'd say the 3 RB's as of right now...but do you have to finalize your decision by end of this season?

Because if this a league where you don't have to decide until closer to 2018 fantasy draft time, then I wouldn't worry too much now, and would just monitor off-season and training camp news before making the final call. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input!! We don't need to decide until next season of course, I just wanted to hear thoughts because I value opinions in here.

As of now, it looks like I'll keep the 3 RB's and hope for a good WR later.

47 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Thanks for the input!! We don't need to decide until next season of course, I just wanted to hear thoughts because I value opinions in here.

As of now, it looks like I'll keep the 3 RB's and hope for a good WR later.

There are soooo many things that can happen before then. I wouldn't waste time thinking about it now.

• Like 1

Id keep 

DJ

Hunt

Kamara

My reasoning is because even though they are suppose to be top dog they don't always pan out the following year then you have a backup in case 1 doesn't work out. If they all do then you hit the jack pot.

Help with mine

Assuming nothing changes between now and then, I'd also keep the backs.

• Like 1

Something has changed between now and then... Bruce Arians retired.

I'd trade David Johnson for multiple high draft picks and move on from him and keep Julio Jones.

Bruce was one of a small handful of NFL coaches that believed in playing the far superior RB the vast majority of the game.

Today the name of the game is bring in your running - RBs on obvious run plays to load the box and stifle their run and bring in obvious pass catching backs so the slot corner will switch up on them and keep them in front of the first down marker.  Or simply just play guys that aren't good for extended run just because the coach believes that is smarter.

Bruce Arians was the man.  He's gone now.  I don't believe David Johnson will just plummet to obscurity by any means, but I do believe we've seen the last of the unquestioned #1 pick David Johnson.

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Something has changed between now and then... Bruce Arians retired.

I'd trade David Johnson for multiple high draft picks and move on from him and keep Julio Jones.

Not sure if that is an option. Can't do that in a lot of leagues. 

47 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Not sure if that is an option. Can't do that in a lot of leagues. 

Really? That's the fun of keeper leagues though... Accumulating great talent to win titles then trading off the excess for draft picks 

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Really? That's the fun of keeper leagues though... Accumulating great talent to win titles then trading off the excess for draft picks 

I've never played in one where you could. You would essentially be keeping 4 players. 

same problem - Kareem Hunt just lost his OC coach Nagy who brought him back to RB1 for the last 6 weeks. Now hsi RB coach is the new OC - would you still keep Hunt?