Fuzzy_Slippers

Manny Machado 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Kings Ransom demands went out the window at last years trade deadline.  Now they're trading a pure rental player. 

Nope, they got they got suitors lined up thinking they can re-sign him.

Phillies probably my least favorite landing spot as a fantasy owner, I would rank them

Yanks

Boston

Milwaukee

Dodgers

Phillies

• Like 1

He's going to the Yankees it's already done as far as I'm concerned. He liked a photo of himself on IG where he was in a Yankees uniform. Yankees will want to beat boston so bad, especially since boston is ahead of them in the standings, so they will stack the team hard and probably acquire a solid pitcher as well as Machado. The fact that Andujar at 3b has been good and has a bright future is almost irrelevant to a team like the Yankees that will do anything to win this season, and signing a top 10 bat in the league like Machado will greatly improve their chances of doing that. 

21 hours ago, verycoolnin said:

Love to see some sort of link to justify this mindset, because the idea that other teams are buying into it is rather ridiculous. 

I'm just curious, does anyone know much about Machados thoughts on where he wants to play? Does he  ever talk about It? Is it all about money? Will the city matter? Does he want to win?

5 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

As an Orioles fan and Phillies fan (as my NL team), I really hope he lands in Philly.

Same, destroy the Nats hope!

2 hours ago, richg24 said:

He's going to the Yankees it's already done as far as I'm concerned. He liked a photo of himself on IG where he was in a Yankees uniform. Yankees will want to beat boston so bad, especially since boston is ahead of them in the standings, so they will stack the team hard and probably acquire a solid pitcher as well as Machado. The fact that Andujar at 3b has been good and has a bright future is almost irrelevant to a team like the Yankees that will do anything to win this season, and signing a top 10 bat in the league like Machado will greatly improve their chances of doing that. 

To me this makes the most sense as well - Machado + Britton (or Gyvens) to the Yanks.

In no way do the Yankees want to be a wild card team I think they push all in to acquire Machado and push for the division. Think they have some added incentive as well - as a rental they can see what team chemistry is like before signing him to a long term deal.

I’m hearing Machado is going to the Phils on Wednesday for JP Crawford, Franco, and couple prospects. Not sure how credible the source is.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 8:30 PM, Baseball Jonze said:

Kings Ransom demands went out the window at last years trade deadline.  Now they're trading a pure rental player. 

Nailed it.  Not one of these teams are offering anything more than a good prospect.  O's were targeting De Los Santos from the Phillies earlier because no way would hte Phillies give up Sixto for a rental Manny.  Dodgers wouldn't give up Keibert Ruiz either.  O's missed their prime time to trade Manny this off season.  Don't know what the hell they were thinking.

On 7/15/2018 at 8:32 PM, verycoolnin said:

No team thinks they can re-sign him.  Every single team knows Manny will test free agency.  Period.  100%.  Any other approach by Manny's agent is grounds for termination on the spot.

3 hours ago, pbjfb said:

Phillies probably my least favorite landing spot as a fantasy owner, I would rank them

Yanks

Boston

Milwaukee

Dodgers

Phillies

Yankees are already out of the running according to most reports.  Boston was never even remotely a suitor.  ESPN was saying it seems between the Phillies and Brewers right now with Dodgers as the trailing darkhorse.

49 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

To me this makes the most sense as well - Machado + Britton (or Gyvens) to the Yanks.

In no way do the Yankees want to be a wild card team I think they push all in to acquire Machado and push for the division. Think they have some added incentive as well - as a rental they can see what team chemistry is like before signing him to a long term deal.

O's said they aren't selling off both players in  the same deal.  They will be traded separately to max their return.  Also again Yankees have basically dropped out of the Manny rental market according to every single reporter posting and tweet.  They don't need more hitting this season.  They need a decent starter.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

3 hours ago, rrrrich46 said:

De los Santos for 2 months of Machado? Sign me up! Well worth it. 

O's switched and upped their demand to wanting Adonis Medina instead.  As long as it isn't Sixto Sanchez I think the Phils will pull the trigger.

10 hours ago, pbjfb said:

Yanks

Boston

Milwaukee

Dodgers

Phillies

Yeah not too stoked to see what looks like the impending move to Philly on Wednesday. But then I remembered he's on the Orioles, and that he somehow managed to get 65 RBI, so any of the contenders he might go to will be a huge bump in counting stat value. 

Is there an adjustment period for league changes, mid-season? Seems like guys that have come over to the NL, middle of the year, have done well but that’s purely off memory. 

12 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Is there an adjustment period for league changes, mid-season? Seems like guys that have come over to the NL, middle of the year, have done well but that’s purely off memory. 

I think the only adjustment he would really have to deal with is the change of scenery and feeling comfortable in the clubhouse.

14 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Yeah isn't this usually more of a pitcher thing?  Not sure how it would affect a hitter (outside of ballpark factors or divisional pitching - which could be for either league) unless you somehow got put near the pitcher in the lineup and got pitched around a lot.

3 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

The only rumors that seem legit at this point is that there is a "handshake" deal in place with someone. Heard Olney and Stark both mention that. The actual destination rumors seem like pure speculation at this point. Both clubs certainly have the minor league ammo to pull it off. 

I'd liked to have seen him go to MIL. Glad he's not going to NY being a Sox fan. Not sure how much better LA would be than PHI if at all. Hopefully he doesn't have much issue with all the NL pitching he'll be facing here on out.

If it's indeed LA what do you guys think for his production ROS ?

Not really the great lineup/park most of us had probably hoped for save Dodger fans.

10 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Not really the great lineup/park most of us had probably hoped for save Dodger fans.

Bellinger, Kemp, Muncy, Turner, etc. not a good enough lineup for you?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tonywow said:

lineup is really good tbh.  and he gets to play road games in arizona and coors....san fran too but hes not left handed

• Like 1