Fuzzy_Slippers

Manny Machado 2018 Outlook

On 5/8/2018 at 11:40 PM, jahweedum said:

Dodgers make the most sense right now - if Baltimore doesn't get SOMETHING for him by the trade deadline they better know he's staying or they be stupid 

Maybe Washington gets all crazy - what if, IF, he went to Colorado as a rental?  I mean, if Baltimore will let him go at a rental price his destinations are numerous!

Why in the world would the Rockies be looking for a SS/3B instead of pitching? Arenado is a superstar and Story has been solid as the 6th most valuable SS in the NL.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cs3 said:

Why in the world would the Rockies be looking for a SS/3B instead of pitching? Arenado is a superstar and Story has been solid as the 6th most valuable SS in the NL.

Lol mind as well just say he's average.

3 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Lol mind as well just say he's average.

Don't might me, but I think average is perfectly acceptable when you have gaping holes at other spots.

• Like 1

Yankees are the only team that make sense they have a ton of pieces to trade.  I could easily see andujar and didi for machado. 

42 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

Yankees are the only team that make sense they have a ton of pieces to trade.  I could easily see andujar and didi for machado. 

Addison Russell and almora is an offer already out there.

14 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Addison Russell and almora is an offer already out there.

Yeah but that won't get it done Yankees have the necessary pieces that other teams don't.

1 hour ago, sjs1890 said:

The Yankees would NEVER trade DiDi for a half season rental. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, huskadeez said:

The Yankees would NEVER trade DiDi for a half season rental. 

Isn't didi a free agent after this year? Also if the Yankees trade for machado  doubtful he would be just a rental.

1 hour ago, sjs1890 said:

No way they are going to trade away Didi and Andujar looks solid.  Trade both away and you have a hole on the left side of the infield and you have to make another trade to find a 3B.  And Didi isn't a free agent until 2020, sjs1890.  Also the Yankees need another starter, not another bat.  it would be a really really dumb trade in other words.

2 hours ago, sjs1890 said:

Orioles owner would rather eat it and keep Machado than trade him to the Yanks

will not happen

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX
  • Like 2

Dodgers farm system is strong, Seager is out for the year. Don't count them out. 

This isn't fantasy baseball. The Yankees wouldn't even start discussions with that ridiculous trade offered to them. They'd be laughing their asses off before even hanging up the phone

Edited by cs3
  • Like 1

Love to see the Braves get Machado. I love his defense and love his stick. Many don't love his arrogance, I can get by that. 

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

This isn't fantasy baseball. The Yankees wouldn't even start discussions with that ridiculous trade offered to them. They'd be laughing their asses off before even hanging up the phone

Why would they be laughing??? Machado isnt going to be traded for free hes is probably the best ss in baseball and its known that orioles wont pay up for Machado so hes a near certainty to be traded. Yankees are one of the few teams that could actually re sign Machado so he wouldnt be just a rental. Yankees to me just seems like the landing spot maybe the cubs but those 2 are probably it for the Machado sweepstakes.

As if the Cubs don't have an extensive trade history with the Orioles ranging from arrieta to strop to corey ******** Patterson. While I do agree that Russell/almora is a little short... It's a couple low level prospects from being a done deal. The dodgers? Psh. It's Yankees/Cubs are the front runners. 

Edited by dkrocka

9 hours ago, sjs1890 said:

Why would they be laughing??? 

Because it would be a godawful trade for them and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

3 hours ago, dkrocka said:

As if the Cubs don't have an extensive trade history with the Orioles ranging from arrieta to strop to corey ******** Patterson. While I do agree that Russell/almora is a little short... It's a couple low level prospects from being a done deal. The dodgers? Psh. It's Yankees/Cubs are the front runners. 

Again why would the Yankees trade for Manny?  They have Didi.  They need any and all pieces to get a starter.  They are set at SS.

8 hours ago, cs3 said:

Because it would be a godawful trade for them and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Explain why it would be awful you have provided no reasoning??? Machado is the best ss in the game thats why the yanks would trade for him its not rocket science and the fact that Didi just isnt that good theres a reason hes been traded a few times already.

10 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Again why would the Yankees trade for Manny?  They have Didi.  They need any and all pieces to get a starter.  They are set at SS.

Because Didi would be part of the trade?!? Machado is way better than Didi.

1 minute ago, dkrocka said:

Because Didi would be part of the trade?!? Machado is way better than Didi.

Didi has 2 years left on his deal.  The reason teams trade guys like Machado is because they don’t think they’ll be able to resign them and they need COST CONTROLLED players.  Didi is not cost controlled.  Orioles will want probably 2 top 5 prospects out of a system for Machado as well as another 1-2 top 15 guys.  It’s going to take a monster haul of cost controlled options for Machado to be dealt.  

• Like 1

Do you think a deal with the yankees would have to include Didi? Maybe Machado is willing to move back to 3B, or didi to 3B. Andujar could headline a deal along with prospects like Florial, Sheffield, Adams, Abreu... Andujar and 2 of those 4 along with a couple lesser prospects the O's like and you have yourself a nice haul for Manny. 

Not saying Didi won't but does that make a ton of sense? Didi has been one of the MVPs of baseball in the first quarter. Keep Torres at 2B and have Manny/Didi at SS/3B (I'm sure one will go to 3B to make the team better).

I just don't see the cubs. They have some assets to make it happen but not sure the O's would view an Almora/Russell headliner with as much enthusiasm as Andujar even. We know what we are getting from the cubs players and they were role players on that team. Not hating on the cubs either. I'd prefer to see him in LA or Chicago and out of the AL east altogether as a jays fan thats sick of seeing him crush our pitching 20+ times a year!

22 minutes ago, corey_rideout said:

Do you think a deal with the yankees would have to include Didi? Maybe Machado is willing to move back to 3B, or didi to 3B. Andujar could headline a deal along with prospects like Florial, Sheffield, Adams, Abreu... Andujar and 2 of those 4 along with a couple lesser prospects the O's like and you have yourself a nice haul for Manny. 

Not saying Didi won't but does that make a ton of sense? Didi has been one of the MVPs of baseball in the first quarter. Keep Torres at 2B and have Manny/Didi at SS/3B (I'm sure one will go to 3B to make the team better).

I just don't see the cubs. They have some assets to make it happen but not sure the O's would view an Almora/Russell headliner with as much enthusiasm as Andujar even. We know what we are getting from the cubs players and they were role players on that team. Not hating on the cubs either. I'd prefer to see him in LA or Chicago and out of the AL east altogether as a jays fan thats sick of seeing him crush our pitching 20+ times a year!

Almora is a gold gloves caliber defender with some contact skills no power, no steals. Don't be fooled he has plenty of speed. And by the way he's the Cubs starting centerfielder. I'd rather the Cubs move schwarber or Happ... But hey, he's just a role player :s

1 hour ago, corey_rideout said:

Haha, they need some of those prospects to trade for a STARTER. 

They need no help at SS or 3B.  They make a trade like that for someone they don't really need this year -- and a rental besides -- and as a result they kill their chances at upgrading a pitching staff that needs it to go all the way.  Both  this year and in the future.  Again that would be a terrible, horrible and devastating trade to make for the Yankees.

And Manny does NOT want to play 3B and an unhappy Manny is not a good thing either.

47 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Haha, they need some of those prospects to trade for a STARTER. 

They need no help at SS or 3B.  They make a trade like that for someone they don't really need this year -- and a rental besides -- and as a result they kill their chances at upgrading a pitching staff that needs it to go all the way.  Both  this year and in the future.  Again that would be a terrible, horrible and devastating trade to make for the Yankees.

And Manny does NOT want to play 3B and an unhappy Manny is not a good thing either.

And what starter do you expect the Yankees to trade for??? Realistically theres not much of an sp out there to trade for and the Yankees bullpen is elite anyways so scoring runs and handing the game to the bullpen would probably be a better way to attack then just add mediocre starting pitching.