Fuzzy_Slippers

Manny Machado 2018 Outlook

Do dbacks even have the pieces to get Machado? I still think the Yankees are the clear favorites here.

51 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

Do dbacks even have the pieces to get Machado? I still think the Yankees are the clear favorites here.

Yankees better worry about getting pitching first and foremost.

1 minute ago, reichl555 said:

exactly why I don't see that happening

At this point we shouldn’t give 2 s**** where he ends up.  Being on this atrocious team has been an anchor to his stats.  Just slowly declining away.  Get him TF out ASAP.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Why do Yankees need starting pitching? they have the nastiest bullpen in the league and everyone knows playoffs is about the bullpen they have plenty of starters severino tanaka cc/gray.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

Why do Yankees need starting pitching? they have the nastiest bullpen in the league and everyone knows playoffs is about the bullpen they have plenty of starters severino tanaka cc/gray.

Still need pitching the first 5-6 innings, man.  There one more SP injury away from being offensive  dependent.  Not gonna get you to the World Series. 

Edited by reichl555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, reichl555 said:

Still need pitching the first 5-6 innings, man.  There one more SP injury away from being offenses dependent.  Not gonna get you to the World Series. 

Yankees nearly went to the world series last year with the same team without stanton i think their pitching is just fine not a issue at all. 

4 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Still need pitching the first 5-6 innings, man.  There one more SP injury away from being offensive  dependent.  Not gonna get you to the World Series. 

Just get Alex Cobb back from the O's too.

;)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sjs1890 said:

Dodgers.  

19 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

At this point we shouldn’t give 2 s**** where he ends up.  Being on this atrocious team has been an anchor to his stats.  Just slowly declining away.  Get him TF out ASAP.  

Thing is some people that play in AL only leagues do care . From what I have read Almora is his best friend and plays for the Cubs . They want to play together . Cards/ Phillies / Braves and now the Cubbies . Yankees won't trade for him . Even if they did they are getting by with the pitching they have . They would just put score the opponent . 

I still stubbornly think its the Phils.  They have a top 5 farm system and plenty of cash to sign him long term without luxury tax consequences.

28 minutes ago, STLSU said:

I still stubbornly think its the Phils.  They have a top 5 farm system and plenty of cash to sign him long term without luxury tax consequences.

It definitely makes some sense.  But generally things that make the most sense never seem to happen lol.

• Haha 1

Don't count out the Windians. Brother In Law (Alonso) on team and Indians have some good SP prospects for which Orioles have said they want in return. 

• Like 1

He wants to play and keep playing shortstop . The Indians have a pretty good one now . That would mean moving JRam to second . Kipnis who sucks isn't going to the bench. He can play the outfield but that's already crowded and Zimmer will be back at sometime. I don't see the Indians as a player . 

2 minutes ago, motown magic said:

He wants to play and keep playing shortstop . The Indians have a pretty good one now . That would mean moving JRam to second . Kipnis who sucks isn't going to the bench. He can play the outfield but that's already crowded and Zimmer will be back at sometime. I don't see the Indians as a player . 

Yes even if they wanted to move him to third they have best one in league there as well.  Indians aren’t a fit.  Hopefully someone is soon he’s been awful on this awful team.  Hard to get counting stats when you’re surrounded by .600 OPS’s.

11 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Does that really matter that much if he may only go somewhere for half a season?  Phillies make the most sense to me.

Hey why not the Angels?  Cozart's shoulder is probably $^%ed up good since the original forearm strain by the world class Angels training staff has turned into a shoulder subluxation.   

• Haha 1

The Angels’ farm system is barren

7 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It's coming on big time.   They have 4 or 5 pitching prospects and 3 hitting prospects I'd be interested in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

It's coming on big time.   They have 4 or 5 pitching prospects and 3 hitting prospects I'd be interested in. 

Who, out of curiosity?  (Besides Adell.)

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Who, out of curiosity?  (Besides Adell.)

Guys I'm tracking:

OFers

Adell

Marsh

Deveaux

Pitchers

Canning

Soriano

Suarez 

Dominguez 

Barria 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

Guys I'm tracking:

OFers

Adell

Marsh

Deveaux

Pitchers

Canning

Soriano

Suarez 

Dominguez 

Barria 

I actually do agree that the Angels have enough to land Machado now. I probably wouldn't have said that at the beginning of the year but Adell is really raising his profile this season. However, it is not in anyway "deep" so I can't imagine them doing the trade unless they were able to lock down Machado long term. I know the Angles brass wants to be competing this year but they're still looking at a WC birth even with Manny...

• Like 1

the orioles, at this point, would do good to get a an organization's top 15 prospect + middling cost controlled mlb pitcher imo.

they really ****** themselves by not trading him last year at the break.

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

You couldn't be more wrong.  It's top 5.  And Adell will be top 5 in the midseason rankings.  Canning coming soon too.