Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jets486

High-End Owners Wanted for Most In-Depth 30-Team League I've Seen (Starting New)

I mentioned this league in a previous comment, but it's time it gets its own thread.

This is a 30-team Virtual MLB League that blew me away when I joined a few weeks ago (I now own the rMets, despite being a Yankees fan). It was created by a former interim GM who used it for analytics, then turned it into a fantasy game, and is officially opening a new league for this upcoming season (it had been in beta until now).

It has absolutely everything from MLB and is really the most in-depth league I've ever found: Rule 5 Draft, 40-Man Rosters, Full Minor League System, Contract Negotiations, Arbitration, and obviously, Batting Lineups and Pitching Rotations. Another part I thought was cool is that you get a full 162-game schedule that is played during the real-life regular season (like all fantasy leagues) and mimics whatever team you own in terms of schedule, opponent, and rainouts. For some reason, that last part just seemed like an awesome addition.

I've spoken a bunch of times with the guy who runs the league, and he set it up so that each franchise purchased is updated as of 11/20/17. That means Ohtani is still available and the rMarlins haven't been blown up yet. All of us owners are obviously itching to get started, which is why we are all spreading the word.

I'll give the bad that comes along with all the good: the cost to buy-in isn't cheap. But, I'll immediately share what sold me...

You are buying a team and not a league. There are no league dues and, once the team is paid off, there are no other required fees. So, since this is a long-term investment, you could realistically win money every single year without putting in another dime. And there are a lot of payment plans in case you wanted to space it out like a normal league.

Finally, the tipping point for me was that there are like 20 different ways to make money throughout the year and, from talking to the guy, every single team won some money back in last year's version. They pay out for "best farm system," "rivalry series," and a bunch of other ways. Obviously, winning the division and World Series are the goals, but it helped me bite-the-bullet knowing that I would chip away at my investment every year. There is also the possibility of reselling your franchise (or selling off shares of it) down the road.

Bottom line: this place is running one league that is close to MLB as it gets, and I can't wait for it to begin. I'm positive there are other crazy people like me out there who are looking for the most in-depth experience possible, so let me know if you want more information. Email me at Jets486@aol.com or leave your email here (or a PM).

Update: 8-of-30 teams now sold

I also forgot to share that the prize pool for the first season is $50,000!

Update: Sold another team over the weekend. 9/30 complete. As soon as it's filled, the league is looking to open up transactions.

44 minutes ago, Jejohnso said:

How much does it cost to buy a team?

It varies by franchise and there are a number of financing/payment options if buying a team outright is not in the budget. 

Cost to buy is a factor of salary cap for a given franchise (you don't pay for the players out of your pocket), odds to win a championship, and basically the value of the franchise, etc.

Payment is set up so that you own the franchise when it's paid off, it's a legitimate asset of yours, it can keep earning money if you keep winning, and it can be resold if demand rises. 

So, again, there are a number of factors and the commissioner is great about making the teams work with people's budgets.

There is also the option to purchase a team as a group, as we have a lot of people interested that can't afford it as a whole.

Email me (Jets486 @ aol .com) if you want more information.

Can you send me some more information about what teams are available and what the costs would be?  email - fetchkojohn@gmail.com

1 hour ago, JFetch3 said:

Can you send me some more information about what teams are available and what the costs would be?  email - fetchkojohn@gmail.com

Sent!

And, unrelated to JFetch3... Update: 11/30 sold! 

please send me more information.  My name is Bill Bowden email is web2000@eathlink.net

18 minutes ago, web2000 said:

please send me more information.  My name is Bill Bowden email is web2000@eathlink.net

Sent. My goodness... we are getting a LOT of traction today. Keep 'em coming! Let's get this league started!

Update: Now 12 of the 30 teams sold! Still a lot left so I'll start to list the available franchises as we get closer to the end. For now, email me if interested.

I sent out the emails to those asking for more information aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand........

13 teams are now sold!

Now 14 teams sold! Closing in on the halfway mark quickly. Thanks for all the responses, so far. Let's keep it going!

Hey guys.........

Image result for we're halfway there meme

That's right! 15 of the 30 teams are now sold. We are, indeed, halfway there.

(Sorry for the size of the picture....)

It seems people are definitely getting back into fantasy baseball mode, as the forum is now packed! Bumping this.

Update: 18th team is off the board! 12 to go, and we're looking to start the full offseason (Rule 5, arbitration, etc.) in approximately 3 weeks so let's get this filled!