• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

Potential landing spots for Burton?

Seattle?

New Orleans?

Baltimore?

Thoughts?  Could be a draft day steal in 2018.

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't want him at all in Seattle. They simply don't use the TE much outside of throws at the GL. And you can't rely on the TE scoring a GL TD every week.

Rams

Cowboys (Witten is old and slow)

Redskins (Reed's health)

Colts

Jags

Bears

Texans

Cardinals

Raiders

Falcons

Bills

Jets

49ers

Steelers

Broncos

Those are all teams that could use a TE like Burton. Burton looks like a top-tier talent.

Edited by devaster
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

I wouldn't want him at all in Seattle. They simply don't use the TE much outside of throws at the GL. And you can't rely on the TE scoring a GL TD every week.

Rams

Redskins (Reed's health)

Colts

Jags

Bears

Texans

Cardinals

Raiders

Falcons

Bills

Jets

49ers

Steelers

Broncos

Those are all teams that could use a TE like Burton. Burton looks like a top-tier talent.

I can see any of those, except the Rams, who already have two young, highly talented tight-ends.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Cowboys have rico gathers

Who?

20 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Patriots. Can see Belichick using him similar to Hernandez as an undersized TE.

Patriots probably won't be in the market, because they won't pay him nearly enough. Burton is going to get a big TE deal.

10 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

I'll take him in GB

Forgot about GB. Although they really don't use the TE much with Rodgers.

2 hours ago, devaster said:

Rams

Redskins (Reed's health)

Colts

Jags

Bears

Texans

Cardinals

Raiders

Falcons

Bills

Jets

49ers

Steelers

Broncos

Cowboys have Rico Gathers, Bears have Adam Shaheen, and 49ers have George Kittle.  So you can take those 3 off of the list.  But the rest of the list looks pretty accurate.  I would definitely add the Patriots to the list though, I have a strong feeling that he ends up there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, devaster said:

Who?

Patriots probably won't be in the market, because they won't pay him nearly enough. Burton is going to get a big TE deal.

Forgot about GB. Although they really don't use the TE much with Rodgers.

I don't see Burton getting a big time deal, mostly because he doesn't have much  of a track record. I can see him getting a solid starters deal with a team. The Patriots have proven they are willing to invest in the TE position outside of Gronk. Seemingly every year they bring in somebody new trying to recreate the Gronk/Hernandez combination  (Chandler, Bennett, Allen are some examples off the top of my head). Bennett was probably the closest they came to recreating the tandem.

Edited by Dirtywater97

Devaster, I really like your list. I can see this guy ending up in Arizona. With Palmer and Arians both retiring that team is going to be in rebuild mode for a minute and could use a stud-TE as a key building block. They've got deep threats covered, getting a reliable, young guy across the middle will just make it easier to take the top off defenses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I don't see Burton getting a big time deal, mostly because he doesn't have much  of a track record. I can see him getting a solid starters deal with a team. The Patriots have proven they are willing to invest in the TE position outside of Gronk. Seemingly every year they bring in somebody new trying to recreate the Gronk/Hernandez combination  (Chandler, Bennett, Allen are some examples off the top of my head). Bennett was probably the closest they came to recreating the tandem.

They are bringing in older veterans and not really replicating the Hernandez mold. None of those guys are in the Hernandez mold. Burton is closer. Those veterans were also on previous contracts and the Patriots were able to get away with cheaper 1-2 year rentals on those guys. I don't think Belichick is trying to recreate the Gronk/Hernandez combo any more. Maybe if another player in that mold fell in his lap, but he is going to work with what he has.

I see Burton getting a deal with an average value in the 6-7mil range.

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

They are bringing in older veterans and not really replicating the Hernandez mold. None of those guys are in the Hernandez mold. Burton is closer. Those veterans were also on previous contracts and the Patriots were able to get away with cheaper 1-2 year rentals on those guys. I don't think Belichick is trying to recreate the Gronk/Hernandez combo any more. Maybe if another player in that mold fell in his lap, but he is going to work with what he has.

I see Burton getting a deal with an average value in the 6-7mil range.

You are missing my point. When they brought Bennett in they were paying him at 5 mil +. They are willing to invest in the 2nd TE position as well as consistently making moves to augment it. I am not comparing the players.

Plenty of other options out there, but I see Burton as a player BB would target.

Just now, Dirtywater97 said:

You are missing my point. When they brought Bennett in they were paying him at 5 mil +. They are willing to invest in the 2nd TE position as well as consistently making moves to augment it. I am not comparing the players.

Plenty of other options out there, but I see Burton as a player BB would target.

I just have a really hard time believing the Patriots go out and sign a FA TE to a shiny contract. Unless maybe they are disgruntled with Gronk. Would be out of character.

Steelers, Raiders or Saints is where id like to see him go for fantasy.

Could be awesome as a Raven if Ozzie Newsome signed him and then drafted Christian Kirk

• Like 2

23 hours ago, milesberg said:

Cowboys have Rico Gathers, Bears have Adam Shaheen, and 49ers have George Kittle.  So you can take those 3 off of the list.  But the rest of the list looks pretty accurate.  I would definitely add the Patriots to the list though, I have a strong feeling that he ends up there.

I really wish that Burton could land in SF. You're right, there is not a high chance of them spending $5mil on a guy when they are high on Kittles and have Celek for a couple more years. I just agree with the comparisons to Delanie Walker and would love the production for Jimmy G. Grabbing Gathers would be smart for dynasty GMs.

I think he'd be a great upgrade over Anderson in Houston; Watson could use a TE target to go with Fuller and Hopkins. They'd have space if they cut Miller.

I think Saints make a move for a TE and dump Fleener. Reuniting Brees with Jimmy Graham makes too much sense unless his cost is prohibitive, which would make Trey Burton an extremely interesting alternative.

Don't sleep on Kittle in SF in 2018 but they could definitely stand to upgrade on Celek in the offseason. I wouldn't be mad if they brought Burton in, but from a fantasy perspective I wouldn't be as elated as I'd be if he went to the saints.

I love Rico Gathers in dynasty, perhaps Witten retires after 2018? 

Houston situation is tricky because it looks like Fiederowicz fears no CTE and may try to play again. He signed a hefty extension last summer afterall.

On 1/2/2018 at 7:01 PM, devaster said:

I just have a really hard time believing the Patriots go out and sign a FA TE to a shiny contract. Unless maybe they are disgruntled with Gronk. Would be out of character.

Is it just me, or does Gronks body look like it's holding on by a thread? The dude looks labored on every play, and he's cybernetic with all the braces on him. 

Burton is a stud. I hate to see him leave but he's gonna make some team VERY happy. 

• Like 1

Where may Trey Burton land? The Eagles have too many mouths to feed next year. He's a free agent this offseason and a blossoming star behind Zach Ertz. I'm curious as to where he may go. Thank you