Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

5 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Good game script too. Went to OT. Wow is this situation terrible.

Sheehan got a TD and even the third string TE got an end zone target. They used their tight ends, just not Burton.

• Like 1

I hate Nagy.

The Giants are awful against tight ends and he throws 3 passes Total to all his tight ends combined! WTF?? I am so glad the Bears lost. 

Staying the hell away from this team next year. 

Cant wait to watch an opponent draft T Cohen as their RBand then have Nagy ditch him and use a left tackle and a hot dog vender instead. 

I hope his hair grows back on his a$$

4 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I hate Nagy.

The Giants are awful against tight ends and he throws 3 passes Total to all his tight ends combined! WTF?? I am so glad the Bears lost. 

Staying the hell away from this team next year. 

Cant wait to watch an opponent draft T Cohen as their RBand then have Nagy ditch him and use a left tackle and a hot dog vender instead. 

I hope his hair grows back on his a$$

Chase Daniels looked awful today. Nagy is a below average coach, sure, but you can't blame this on him. Daniels was underthrowing his targets all day. 

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Chase Daniels looked awful today. Nagy is a below average coach, sure, but you can't blame this on him. Daniels was underthrowing his targets all day. 

Chase looked awful. Dude should have had five interceptions today... One target to Burton?! Geez. 

12 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Sure, and you would think they would 1) at least target the Giants pass D’s weakest point and 2) lean more on the run game. 

They did run more than usual in the first half but from what I saw on RedZone and stat tracker, they abandoned the run in the second. Why would you do that if your QB sucks and, at that point, you aren’t down big? If you do abandon the run, then why not throw high percentage throws to you tight ends where the Giants have the most trouble? 

I think Nagy has done a decent job this year but he gets too cute too often and certainly outsmarted himself today. 

• Like 1

As much as Burton has disappointed I think we need to just keep rolling him out there. He’s not going to get 0 every game and I doubt there’s anyone better on waivers. 

9 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

As much as Burton has disappointed I think we need to just keep rolling him out there. He’s not going to get 0 every game and I doubt there’s anyone better on waivers. 

This may be the worst year I can remember for tight ends. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

Last four weeks, 0, .8, .9, 6

You can easily find that on the waivers.  I might just throw a dart at someone just to stop having Burton.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Last four weeks, 0, .8, .9, 6

You can easily find that on the waivers.  I might just throw a dart at someone just to stop having Burton.

I was talking about PPR. Definitely droppable in standard though. 

38 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

I was talking about PPR. Definitely droppable in standard though. 

For who?

Brutal... 

For the most part, Chicago was just one of those teams we should've avoided this year

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

For who?

In standard I would consider Jonnu Smith over him as awful as that sounds. I’m expecting much better things from Burton next year but this year has been hit or miss.

Ugh, next week they play the Rams which got beat by the Lions TE today.....

It's either stick with Burton or try to get Ian Thomas...

Not much out there.

5 hours ago, Yceman1234 said:

This dude's name should be Deuce Burton because he's a giant turd.

10/10

thread title should be changed 

is this the Kelce clone appreciation thread?

glad someone dropped Rudolph this week so I at least got some points

5 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

This may be the worst year I can remember for tight ends. 

Yeah, it's a massive graveyard. 

Kelce and Ertz have to be up there with Mahomes as far as the percentage of their teams who made the playoffs. It's such a crazy advantage to basically have WR1's in a spot where others are praying that the 30-40 yards a week they get will include a trip to the end zone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, akooreman180 said:

Actually he's proven he's capable of zero's that to me says enough... you know who never gets shut out? Travis kelce...

39 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Actually he's proven he's capable of zero's that to me says enough... you know who never gets shut out? Travis kelce...

True lol, but if you had Kelce I doubt you’d be on this forum. My point was this was his first time scoring zero all season, and he’s still a low end TE1 in PPR if you look at yearly scoring after this week. I doubt you can find someone who’s less likely to put up zero on waivers is all I’m saying. 

He's still top 10 on the season, but so what? It doesn't matter what he did in the first half of the season. In a 'what have you done for me lately' game, Burton just produced one of the worst 3 game stretches possible for a starting TE who plays every single snap. 0.9 then 0.8 followed by a big fat 0.

Btw he looked really bad recently. Very sluggish in his routes, looks like he just went jogging into the park. This certainly wasn't the case earlier in the season when he fought to get open and had fire to his game. Maybe he plays through some unknown injury. I started him until two weeks ago, rostered him until today, but now he's gone for Vernon Davis. There is no way I'd start Burton in the playoffs even in the greatest TE matchup possible. Not after 3 weeks of duds, and low TE2 production since his week 7 explosion.

Enjoy the ride! I'm out.

Edited by frog34

16 hours ago, ak427 said:

Imagine starting this guy

I don't have to imagine it.

Edited by K197040