Bastardo!

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

I get the animosity. I dropped him in a shallow league to simply stream, but have hung on in my 16 teamers. 

IF Bisky is back next week as expected then I will play Burton. I have no clue why Nagy is not featuring Burton, but if there is ever a week to bring him back to the forefront, it is with a shoot-out on tap with the Rams. They bleed yards to the TE. He's as good of a dart throw at TE spot as any after the top 5.

• Like 1

I'm not even looking at his 3 duds in a row for a reason to cut ties. Or his low TE2 production since his massive week 7 explosion. But something doesn't seem to be right with Burton. I think he's playing through some injury not known to the public. His cuts are non-existent and he is just jogging around. When he had the chance to make plays he didn't attack the ball. I first smelled that something was wrong when he fumbled and dropped some easy passes on Thanksgiving. Watched him closely this week and still no cuts, no juice. QB knew this and didn't look his way at all. He is usually one of the fastest TEs out there. Can't trust him until I see a good game again, which might be too late anyway with the playoffs starting week 14.

Hell no, besides Cohen there is nobody on the Bears worth starting. Dan Arnold amigo.
I would hate to watch another 4pt game from Trey.

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2018 at 10:32 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

I get the animosity. I dropped him in a shallow league to simply stream, but have hung on in my 16 teamers. 

IF Bisky is back next week as expected then I will play Burton. I have no clue why Nagy is not featuring Burton, but if there is ever a week to bring him back to the forefront, it is with a shoot-out on tap with the Rams. They bleed yards to the TE. He's as good of a dart throw at TE spot as any after the top 5.

shaheen though

54 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I would hate to watch another 4pt game from Trey.

4 points? He doesn't even have 4 points over the last 3 weeks! :ph34r:

You would think the game plan features Burton this week. With the Talib back, Peters playing somewhat better, and Donald putting pressure on the QB every play, Trisky will be limited to the middle of the field and short throws..

Right?

*Desperate Burton Owner

can we afford a dud this week in first round playoffs? might just go with a safer floor of uzmoh. burton's floor seems 0-4

Deuce Burton lmaoooo. 

Maybe Nagy will let him play RB and he can be the 10th bears player to score a rushing TD this year

30 minutes ago, Gfycat said:

Deuce Burton lmaoooo. 

Maybe Nagy will let him play RB and he can be the 10th bears player to score a rushing TD this year

Or get another passing TD from him!

I don't see how we can trust him in the playoffs but, depending on your roster, other options, and team needs he is worth rostering to see if he does better with Trubisky back. 

On 12/3/2018 at 11:32 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

I don't see a shoot-out. I see 30 degree weather where the LA boys will be shivering and wearing their over coats on the bench as QB TruDat slowly moves da Bears down the field and runs the clock with short passes and runs that may or may not include Burton. I think the game flow will be slower (which means the clock runs) than most expect.

As a Burton owner in two leagues I don't know how we can trust him. He's been a decoy and blocker for four weeks. Last week they ran the TE sweep to him that he scored on earlier in the season but he tossed it back to another player ... ugh. Something is wrong, not sure what.

He's worth rostering for the playoffs, not sure he can be started this week. As Ace stated above, I need to see something other than zero points.

• Like 1

If somehow I make it to the championship, I will drop this turd the Saturday before just so he can’t be a part of the celebration.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

If somehow I make it to the championship, I will drop this turd the Saturday before just so he can’t be a part of the celebration.

If you’re not gonna play him, why hold on to him?  Wouldn’t you better served to grab a rb cuff or def/st?  

• Thanks 1

I actually would not be surprised if he puts up 75+ yds and a TD.

Cheers to all Burton owners.

This dude is one of those pre-draft hype trains that crashes horribly. Most analysts and insiders loved the guy, which led to a criminally high ADP. He's been pretty much a total dud. You could have streamed all year and probably had a similar result, or better.

• Like 2

Burton will make you pay this for doubting him. He is the true TE ONE! I will go down with the ship if he fails but I believe. Next 3 games hell have 3 TD's and 210 yards. How dare you doubt this man. 

2 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Burton will make you pay this for doubting him. He is the true TE ONE! I will go down with the ship if he fails but I believe. Next 3 games hell have 3 TD's and 210 yards. How dare you doubt this man. 

I sure hope so, will make it easier for me to trade him for Njoku this offseason. 

4 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

OK, Mrs. Burton...sorry 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You must have big balls if you start him in the FF playoffs. Even in this TE wasteland and a great matchup on paper. I'm not starting a player in this important week who gave me less than 2 points over the last 3 weeks.

11 hours ago, Pooskay said:

I actually would not be surprised if he puts up 75+ yds and a TD.

Cheers to all Burton owners.

8 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, LongBalls said:

This dude is one of those pre-draft hype trains that crashes horribly. Most analysts and insiders loved the guy, which led to a criminally high ADP. He's been pretty much a total dud. You could have streamed all year and probably had a similar result, or better.

If you don't have Ertz or Kelce every other TE is a dud. Gronk has been worse IMO.. I have him in two leagues.. Burton has been far better. Neither has set the world on fire though.. Sad