thebrowns

2018 Rookie RB Class

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

 

That would be awesome! I would rather Kerryon fell to me (notice I said Kerryon was in my top 5 RBs, and going in the first 8 picks). Jones is my least favorite of the 9 RBs I listed (removed Harris as he is staying at AL)

 

Ronald Jones and Kerryon are both great. I’m hoping Kerryon falls, but we’ll see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 1:20 PM, Lord_Varys said:

 

I think he is perfect for Detroit.  With Riddick owning 3rd downs (I think we can cut Abdullah who is redundant to Riddick, and save some money), we really just need an early down hammer.  I would much rather the Lions spend all their draft stock on Defensive Front 7, maybe an OL or two, and then just sign Hyde to a friendly deal.  That way we don't need to spend a 1st/2nd round pick on a stud running back.  Much as I'd love a 3 down bell cow, Riddick is not going away.

 

Riddick is not good. Is he a Jim Bob guy or Jim C guy? 

 

I hope that guy gets cut. He's terrible and a fantasy leech

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Riddick is not good. Is he a Jim Bob guy or Jim C guy? 

 

I hope that guy gets cut. He's terrible and a fantasy leech

 

You're sounding like a butthurt Abdullah owner. 

 

Riddick has been one of the best receiving RBs in the league the past 3 yrs. It's a big reason DET gave him a second contract 2 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

You're sounding like a butthurt Abdullah owner. 

 

Riddick has been one of the best receiving RBs in the league the past 3 yrs. It's a big reason DET gave him a second contract 2 years ago.

Why start with an insult?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Why start with an insult?

 

D&D and I have a history of intelligent conversations where we have educated each other, so there is room for playful banter. 

 

For other posters who have repeatedly attacked me with falsehoods personally and professionally without remorse, it's a different story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

D&D and I have a history of intelligent conversations where we have educated each other, so there is room for playful banter. 

 

For other posters who have repeatedly attacked me with falsehoods personally and professionally without remorse, it's a different story. 

Who's ever accused you of a professional falsehood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Riddick has been one of the best receiving RBs in the league the past 3 yrs. It's a big reason DET gave him a second contract 2 years ago.

Since his 2nd contract, his receptions have gone down about 33%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Since his 2nd contract, his receptions have gone down about 33%

 

He's a jag imo.  Yes he can catch reliably but brings no playmaking ability once the ball is in his hands.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

He's a jag imo.  Yes he can catch reliably but brings no playmaking ability once the ball is in his hands.

@ 20-25 rbs will make more money than Riddick in '18...sounds about right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 96mnc said:

 

He's a jag imo.  Yes he can catch reliably but brings no playmaking ability once the ball is in his hands.

 

That's where I'm at with this guy. 

 

It's so predictable too. 3rd and long every defense gives up an underneath short pass to him like they're begging Stafford to do it cause they know he's not gonna beat the tackle and he's gonna get taken down short. 

 

He catches a decent percent cause teams play the first down marker and not strictly on him IMO. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

D&D and I have a history of intelligent conversations where we have educated each other, so there is room for playful banter. 

 

For other posters who have repeatedly attacked me with falsehoods personally and professionally without remorse, it's a different story. 

 

I only let your attacks slide because you have a good first name (also my first name). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to RB's... Sony Michel is who I'm going to be watching the closest for purposes of a top 24 RB (RB2 in PPR) after Barkley.

 

I think nick chubb will likely be excellent value next season. The way things are shaping now it feels like he's gonna be such an afterthought in FF drafts next season, but I think he's a very dominant downhill runner coming out of this draft. Another year removed from his knee injury and NFL S&C can have him looking better than 2014 Chubb. 

 

I really struggle with RB's not being used in passing work. I think if you're a male athlete, you can catch a football. I know he didn't catch much, but I struggle to believe it's something he can't do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Back to RB's... Sony Michel is who I'm going to be watching the closest for purposes of a top 24 RB (RB2 in PPR) after Barkley.

 

I think nick chubb will likely be excellent value next season. The way things are shaping now it feels like he's gonna be such an afterthought in FF drafts next season, but I think he's a very dominant downhill runner coming out of this draft. Another year removed from his knee injury and NFL S&C can have him looking better than 2014 Chubb. 

 

I really struggle with RB's not being used in passing work. I think if you're a male athlete, you can catch a football. I know he didn't catch much, but I struggle to believe it's something he can't do. 

Big Michel fan.  If I had 1.02, he'd be my dynasty selection. See him as being the best guy to be a Kamara-esque threat in this draft (think I'd argue Barkley as a higher point than that). Chubb just seems too slow in short area quickness.  Maybe it's injury, or maybe it's just the fact that he's always compared to Michel, but I see him as kind of a plodder + rather than a true starting RB.  Definitely closer to Blount than Lynch in my eyes. If he goes to a team that'll use him in the red zone, that could be a nice weekly TD gamble though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

Big Michel fan.  If I had 1.02, he'd be my dynasty selection. See him as being the best guy to be a Kamara-esque threat in this draft (think I'd argue Barkley as a higher point than that). Chubb just seems too slow in short area quickness.  Maybe it's injury, or maybe it's just the fact that he's always compared to Michel, but I see him as kind of a plodder + rather than a true starting RB.  Definitely closer to Blount than Lynch in my eyes. If he goes to a team that'll use him in the red zone, that could be a nice weekly TD gamble though.

 

2014 he was electric. 

 

2015 he was injured. 

 

2016 I could see the plodder argument. 

 

2017 he looked much improved on 2016 performance. 

 

I know me personally, whenever guys get leg injuries I just assume it'll be fine, but I think Chubb shows the human side, that sometimes it can take a while to regain the form once held. 

 

I also think when he's away from school and had NFL S&C coaches at his disposal 24/7 that he can be electric again. 

 

Nonetheless I will argue that 2017 Chubb was not a plodder. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

2014 he was electric. 

 

2015 he was injured. 

 

2016 I could see the plodder argument. 

 

2017 he looked much improved on 2016 performance. 

 

I know me personally, whenever guys get leg injuries I just assume it'll be fine, but I think Chubb shows the human side, that sometimes it can take a while to regain the form once held. 

 

I also think when he's away from school and had NFL S&C coaches at his disposal 24/7 that he can be electric again. 

 

Nonetheless I will argue that 2017 Chubb was not a plodder. 

 

The question is are we seeing the best he has left now?   Did the injury rob of of that little bit of extra agility for good? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 96mnc said:

 

The question is are we seeing the best he has left now?   Did the injury rob of of that little bit of extra agility for good? 

I dug up the injury video and DAMN that looked bad. 3 torn ligaments and cartilage damage. I let out and audible 'ohhhhhh!" in my office when I saw it. Couple of people looked over. ? 

 

To his credit Chubb rehabbed like a monster. He looks like he's all the way back now, but we'll see what happens when the combine doctors check him out. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets the "degenerative condition" tag Ajayi got pre-draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2018 at 10:28 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

2014 he was electric. 

 

2015 he was injured. 

 

2016 I could see the plodder argument. 

 

2017 he looked much improved on 2016 performance. 

 

I know me personally, whenever guys get leg injuries I just assume it'll be fine, but I think Chubb shows the human side, that sometimes it can take a while to regain the form once held. 

 

I also think when he's away from school and had NFL S&C coaches at his disposal 24/7 that he can be electric again. 

 

Nonetheless I will argue that 2017 Chubb was not a plodder. 

 

I agree with you, Chubb is already free-falling. I expect that he will be a great value somewhere between picks 13 and 24. Things change a lot next week if he gets a major ding medically/testing wise. I also feel that he could rejuvenate his stock (i hope not) with good testing. Bottom Line: Worse prospects will be drafted ahead of him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GhostOfCap said:

I really hope the right team takes Kalen Ballage. He could be a PPR monster. 

 

Im not a fan, I’ll leave him to you in our E&E draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GhostOfCap said:

I really hope the right team takes Kalen Ballage. He could be a PPR monster. 

 

I hope that he gets drafted in a situation similar to Tyreek Hill. He could be a bigger version. Note: not many people knew Hill would be able to catch the way he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2018 at 2:40 PM, GhostOfCap said:

I really hope the right team takes Kalen Ballage. He could be a PPR monster. 

heard him somewhat compared to a david johnson? have not seen him play, sorry to say. thats why i'm on this thread to learn about what you guys think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2018 at 12:47 PM, petekrum said:

 

Im not a fan, I’ll leave him to you in our E&E draft.

I don't get the David Johnson comps at all. Displays almost zero lateral agility. He does have a great north-south game, very fast, especially for a big man. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord_Varys said:

Barkley measures into the combine at 6'0" 233lb.  He's about to go sub-4.4 40, too.  Good lord.

 

Other notables:

 

Derrius Guice: 5-10 4/8, 224lb ... love that

Nick Chubb: 5-10 7/8, 227lb

Sony Michel: 5-10 5/8, 214lb ... Not as beefy as the guys above but big enough, I think.  Love it here with his speed and agility.

Rashaad Penny: 5-11 220lb ... Perfect IMO

Royce Freeman: 5-11 4/8 229lb

Kerryon Johnson: 5-11 4/8 213lb

Ronald Jones: 5-11 205  ...  Skinnier than most, but that's what we expected.  Almost identical to Jamaal Charles and has a similar playing style, I'm sticking with this comp.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.