thebrowns

2018 Rookie RB Class

2 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Other notables:

Derrius Guice: 5-10 4/8, 224lb ... love that

Nick Chubb: 5-10 7/8, 227lb

Sony Michel: 5-10 5/8, 214lb ... Not as beefy as the guys above but big enough, I think.  Love it here with his speed and agility.

Rashaad Penny: 5-11 220lb ... Perfect IMO

Royce Freeman: 5-11 4/8 229lb

Kerryon Johnson: 5-11 4/8 213lb

Ronald Jones: 5-11 205  ...  Skinnier than most, but that's what we expected.  Almost identical to Jamaal Charles and has a similar playing style, I'm sticking with this comp.

Where's Wadley on this list?

2 hours ago, JHM_13 said:

Where's Wadley on this list?

Doesnt belong on this list.

On 2/21/2018 at 2:40 PM, GhostOfCap said:

I really hope the right team takes Kalen Ballage. He could be a PPR monster. 

I agree.. dude is a freak.. alot of tread on the tires as he was in a time share.. all in on this guy 

I don't think Ronald Jones was actually hurt at the combine.

He just didn't want to get embarrassed by Saquon.

On February 28, 2018 at 9:56 AM, Lord_Varys said:

Barkley measures into the combine at 6'0" 233lb.  He's about to go sub-4.4 40, too.  Good lord.

Too bad he isn't a little faster...people would be forecasting Bo 2.0

Barkley officially ran a 4.40s 40. That is a really impressive time and sets a record for RB's over 230lbs. Going back at least 15 years. He had a 41in vert as well. Dude is a beast. And he looked really smooth catching balls. Barkley is going to be an even better Zeke.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Barkley officially ran a 4.40s 40. That is a really impressive time and sets a record for RB's over 230lbs. Going back at least 15 years. He had a 41in vert as well. Dude is a beast. And he looked really smooth catching balls. Barkley is going to be an even better Zeke.

He's also tops in the bench press too.  Top ten in the shuttle.

No character issues.  Seems like a lock for top 4 pick.

Its the underwear olympics, so this analysis is all athleticly based - but there are some freaks on this class. Aside from barkley. Penny, chubb and guice all made noise today. 

Chubb 5-10/227, 38.5-inch vertical, 10-foot-8 broad ,4.52 40, 29 reps at rhe bench. 98th percentile sparq.??

Guice  5-10/224, 31.5 inch vert, 15 on the bench. 4.49 40. 

Penny 5-11/224, 32 inch vert, 13 on the bench, 4.46 40, 10-foot broad.

Most excited about chubbs workout here, as a devy owner and a fan. Really answered some questions post-injury. Got great medical results. Hes starting to show people the freak he was pre-injury. Penny really helped his stock today too, and guice was every bit as advertised. Thought all 3 did well in the drills as well and looked explosive and fluid catching the ball. This class is nothing if not deep.

Honorable mentions;

Scarborough - 4.52 40 at his size is a great number. Looked a little stiff and upright , but 40 inch vert to go with a 11'4 broad is impressive.

Ballage - freak at his size. 6-1 227 runs a 4.46.

Kerryon - 40" vert. 10 foot 6 broad. Sneaky athlete here. Wouldve loved to see a 40, dont know why he didnt run tho.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, devaster said:

Barkley is going to be an even better Zeke.

If the cowboys move up to draft him.

?

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

If the cowboys move up to draft him.

?

Or they switch Olines with whoever is drafting him.

Saquon Barkley is SO going number one overall to Cleveland.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Saquon Barkley is SO going number one overall to Cleveland.

Live in Ohio and can confirm all the Cleveland fans I know want it. 

If they truly can't split hairs between Rosen Allen and Darnold, probably makes sense.  Only in this draft, owning 1 and 4 and having 3 (seemingly) worthy QBs, does this make sense. QB still more valuable. 

Barkley ran a 4.4 at 233 lbs and benched 29 times and broad jumped and verticled practically out of Lucas Oil Stadium.  Kid's going 1.01.

If Barkley doesn't go number 1, he's going 2 or 3.  Browns can still get a QB at 4.  Browns will be fine with Rosen, Darnold or Allen/Mayfield.  Maybe sign Teddy B too.

56 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

If Barkley doesn't go number 1, he's going 2 or 3.  Browns can still get a QB at 4.  Browns will be fine with Rosen, Darnold or Allen/Mayfield.  Maybe sign Teddy B too.

Best quote:

According to Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman, an assistant coach said, "I would punch myself in the nuts many, many, many times to be able to draft him" when discussing Barkley, who turned in an impressive showing during the NFL Scouting Combine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

Teddy is a placeholder.  They might as well sign a more expensive placeholder...

Barkley is going number one, and the Giants and Colts are trading down with teams who want a QB.   So Cleveland will be able to pick someone pretty awesome at no. 4, if they sign McCarron or someone decent in FA prior to the draft.

Barkley, Gordon, Bradford or some other competent QB...  watch the Browns be the most exciting team in football next year :lol:

I'm still pounding the drum for Penny.  Kid showed out at the Senior Bowl, combine, and people still don't want to believe.  If he lands in a good spot i'll probably reach pretty high for him this year.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kdko said:

Barkley, Gordon, Bradford or some other competent QB...  watch the Browns be the most exciting team in football next year :lol:

I'm still pounding the drum for Penny.  Kid showed out at the Senior Bowl, combine, and people still don't want to believe.  If he lands in a good spot i'll probably reach pretty high for him this year.

If I'm the browns I'm going Rosen, bpa at 4, then penny, Michel, Guice, or Chubb in the second. 

• Like 3

If the browns think one of the qbs is the best of this bunch they need to take that qb at #1....     

Yes Barkley is really good (even if he runs a lot like Rawls - arms flailing, choppy, and out of control looking at times) but having the right qb is critical to their future...

Gordon, Coleman, Njoku, and maybe Pryor are a really good core of pass catchers dying to get a competent qb....

Duke Johnson and a free agent like CJ Anderson/Gilleslee/Blount/Gore etc. plus a young rb or two a few rounds into the draft would be the perfect setup if they nail the qb pick at #1...

If they take Barkley at #1 and then the Giants take a qb who eventually ends up being the best in this class, then Indy trades down and another team takes a good qb, leaving Cleveland with the third pick of the qbs they may not come away from this draft with a stud qb and then having Barkley and all those pass catchers won't matter much...

Gurley with no competent qb was a mess..

David Johnson is about to be a mess if they don't land some competent qb....

If Darnold slays his pro day for all to see then the Browns fans need to suggest/insist they take him at 1.....

Out of the final four teams left this year in the playoffs only Fournette was a coveted rb (and without Jacksonville's stellar defense they wouldn't have made it that far) but the other three had competent qbs and pieced together backfields....

I like Barkley and I own the #1 Pick in this August's draft so I'm a bit biased, but I'm hoping he doesn't go to the Browns because if they end up with another meh rookie qb it will hurt his career big time so I'd much prefer to see him on the Colts with a "healthy" Luck etc...

Adding Chubb at 4 to go along with Garrett would be a great combo for their defense, and having a good qb to constantly get Lord Gordon the ball would help the offense tremendously...

I'm also in the "Duke can do more" camp so I'd like to see him on a good passing offense reach his ceiling...

If you put Zeke on Cleveland this past year with Kizer would they have been a playoff team?   No...

If you put a healthy Wentz on Cleveland this past year would they have been a playoff team?   Maybe....

Maybe is better than no in my eyes...

Without Bell the Steelers were still pretty good with Dwill...

Without Ben the Steelers would be trash so unless you think Barkley is gonna be way better than Leveon Bell they need to get the best qb in this draft and go from there....

I'm pessimistic and feel like Cleveland will screw this up but maybe they pay attention to other teams and see that some of the better franchises (Eagles, Pats, Saints, Packers etc.) rely on good qbs, good pass catchers and complimentary backfields...

• Like 1

General G:

Normally I would agree with your analysis.  However, Barkley is just so much better than any other player in this draft that I think Cleveland needs to and will take him at number one overall.  They don't want to be Portland drafting a center for need when Michael Jordan was on the board.

I am not sold that Darnold or Rosen are any kind of franchise saviors.  Jacksonville and Philly amongst others showed this season that a team can excell with solid but not special QB play if you put a good team around them.

• Like 1

I’m not buying into the idea the Giants trade down.  They have said the right things about Eli, but the fact remains they need a young athletic QB.  They have 4 good options.  I thought that guy was Darnold, since they don’t need him to start day 1 Josh Allen would work.

The Colts have a lot of holes, they need to trade down and are going to see high demand for their pick.

The Browns need to take Barkley at #1.  Take McCarron in FA. And either draft their QB at 4, or Chubb.