Sign in to follow this  
ccbaseball30

Acuna's Trade Value

I'm thinking about moving Acuna in my dynasty league. Trying to figure out how much to be asking for in return. What do you think, what is Acuna worth on the dynasty trade market?

Hold onto Acuna he very well could turn into a special player, and you don't want to miss out on that. 

3 hours ago, ccbaseball30 said:

I'm thinking about moving Acuna in my dynasty league. Trying to figure out how much to be asking for in return. What do you think, what is Acuna worth on the dynasty trade market?

In a dynasty, I would place his value around a top 50 overall overall player. For reference, I traded for him late last season and it cost me Andrew Benintendi.

• Like 1

I drafted him and had a winning bid for him last year and I basically would not deal him. Even with hype levels approaching nuclear.

I guess it depends on the keeper format but that offer is total garbage to me.

For 'expert' reference, I just saw an article somewhere with a bunch of industry guys doing a dynasty start-up and he was taken around 13th overall and the expert tried trading up to the 5 spot to select him. Just one guy, but for me he's definitely top 20 overall value.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I drafted him and had a winning bid for him last year and I basically would not deal him. Even with hype levels approaching nuclear.

I guess it depends on the keeper format but that offer is total garbage to me.

For 'expert' reference, I just saw an article somewhere with a bunch of industry guys doing a dynasty start-up and he was taken around 13th overall and the expert tried trading up to the 5 spot to select him. Just one guy, but for me he's definitely top 20 overall value.

I'm not like calling you out or anything this just seems completely ludicrous to me. Fantasy pros just put a dynasty trade value chart. If we go with you top 20 overall value Giancarlo Stanton, Rizzo, Bumgarner, Kluber, Springer, Scherzer, Blackmon etc... I'm sorry but there is literally absolutely no way I would trade any of those players straight up for Acuna and def not anyone above that valuation like in the 10-15 range or the Turner, Judge, Kershaw etc. range. That's crazy to me, but also why I probably don't end up with "top" prospects, I trade them for studs when their value gets to this level. 

I'd say Acuna is solidly a top 30 dynasty value right now, ludicrous as that may be. There will be enough owners who won't trade him straight up for a Ramirez or Bregman, and even some who would think hard about Bellinger/Judge, that he commands that price in most leagues. Given his zero MLB at bats, many of us find that absurd, but that's where we are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, schulni said:

I'd say Acuna is solidly a top 30 dynasty value right now, ludicrous as that may be. There will be enough owners who won't trade him straight up for a Ramirez or Bregman, and even some who would think hard about Bellinger/Judge, that he commands that price in most leagues. Given his zero MLB at bats, many of us find that absurd, but that's where we are.

You are right. I should have put the disclaimer that I understand how some value him. It is just shocking to me every time I hear it. Although I admit in a few of my best leagues I had guys that wanted Nolan Arenando for Gleybor Torres plus a throw in this time last year so it makes sense. Still just crazy, give me the established MLBer. 

21 hours ago, ccbaseball30 said:

The offer I just received was Conforto + Kingery+Gennett 

It was said earlier, but that's a garb offer. 

I offered Rendon for him and it was declined. I also have Bregman at 3B, so I was OK with taking the hit should it not pan out. It's an 18 team keep 24 (not a true dynasty but close enough for me to call it that). 

Realistically, if I have him, I move him for a proven young piece or two. I don't move him for other what-if type guys. (Conforto is still a maybe for me, dudes shown he can be legit, but I question a lot about him, including health). 

I think when it comes to Bregman or Benintendi for him, that's just silly. Both were the top prospect before call ups (I think Benintendi was, I know Bregman was). Both raked in the minors. 

Look at guys like Yoan Moncada, Dominic Brown, Byron Buxton, etc on why I don't even bother trying to pay the price for top prospects. It's a losing proposition over the long haul. A

If I have Acuna, I try to move him for other proven young talent. If I can get Bregman +, Benintendi +, etc, I'd do it. If I could move Acuna + for Betts, Bryant, Arenado, Harper, etc, I'd do it. 

I wouldn't intentionally shop him. You have to sell the idea you're convinced he's legit. I'd make a post on the league homepage that says "If you guys want Acuna, you need to step bringing weak **** and step up to the plate. Going to take a strong offer to pry away this stud." or something. Just give the idea that you received a couple of less than desirable offers. It tells guys you are taking offers on him, but it's gonna take a really good offer. Let that play out and see what comes your way. If nothing does, circle back to the kingery owner and see what major league talent he has that you can make a play for. Worst case scenerio : You don't move him. I really like Acuna. I wouldn't pay the cost it takes to pry him away, but I like him a ton. 

• Like 1

I was offered Fulmer straight up for my Acuna in Dynasty, which I quickly turned down. I am not looking to move him unless it helps me acquire a young elite 1b.

I acquired Sano for him before he really, really blew up.  So that’s just an example of his value.  

I'll give you an example...

I just traded for Acuna in my keeper 9 league.  We can keep someone forever, but we keep 9.  I was a little short on my overall 9 so I was willing to trade a stud to add more keeper depth.

I got: Acuna, Bregman, Devers and Springer

I gave: Arenado

Every league is different, but the fact that I can keep Acuna for the rest of his career made him extremely attractive.  In all honesty, I value Acuna pretty close to Springer in that league.  It might be crazy but I think Acuna has that type of potential. Springer will be the better player in 2018, but I think Acuna could pass him after that.

Good deal for both sides. Nice work. I agree on Acuna versus Springer.