Sign in to follow this  
Members_Only_76

2018 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Clicking on this thread.  Not sure why I did it...

You enjoy pain and misery

• Haha 1

I went to bed exactly 11 minutes before Soto got the call.  

Even worse, 3 years ago in a keeper league I kept Rusney Castillo over Mookie Betts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

got 2 (different leagues)

traded Trevor Story for Jake Lamb in my NL only before the season.  Can only play 1 SS and I also had Corey Seager and with Justin Turner on the DL I needed a 3B

Cut Katel Marte at the end of May in a deep roto league.  loved Marte coming into the season as a deep league MI.  he's been on fire since the day I cut him.  Was hitting .220 with 1 HR and 13 RBI for the 1st 2 months.  in June he's hitting with 5 HRs and 18 RBI ... painful

1 minute ago, TheTruth024 said:

Even worse, 3 years ago in a keeper league I kept Rusney Castillo over Mookie Betts

OUCH  this 1 brought a tear to my eye

• Sad 1

In my biggest money league, I dropped Jack Flaherty when he was sent back down. I decided not to stash too many minor league pitchers, and I also had Alex Reyes stashed and decided he was a safer, higher upside bet.

I also drafted Matt Kemp in that league but dropped him early on, just wasn’t a believer. Decided to keep Hanley as my veteran bounce back flier instead.

• Like 1

Just now, jb_power said:

OUCH  this 1 brought a tear to my eye

Its brought many tears to my eyes.  Believe it or not, there is a worse story from that same league.  A friend of mine had an open Minor League spot pre draft for another keeper player and decided not to use it as he didnt like his options.  His option he didnt use it on?  Mike Trout

43 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Not trading Mac Williamson for Jack Flaherty.  Ugh.

Ouch....lol

• Sad 1

Traded Gleyber as soon as he got recalled for Strickland. Couple weeks later trade Ozuna for Vlad Jr.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Caelum said:

In my biggest money league, I dropped Jack Flaherty when he was sent back down. I decided not to stash too many minor league pitchers, and I also had Alex Reyes stashed and decided he was a safer, higher upside bet.

I also drafted Matt Kemp in that league but dropped him early on, just wasn’t a believer. Decided to keep Hanley as my veteran bounce back flier instead.

I did these same exact moves in my money league as well, now I don't feel as bad. We're family man! LOL

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2018 at 6:46 PM, Redphan said:

On May 27 I accepted a controversial trade: Goldy for two DL'd players Dee Gordon and AJ Pollock. I was bashed both in my league and on here.

In that time Goldy has hit .439 with 8 HR, 19 R, and 18 RBI's

Gordon has hit .231 with 3 SB's; and I actually look forward to Pollock returning because I think it will only help Goldy continue a monstrous year. Cool story! Bro!

Can relate

Offered my Albies for Goldschmidt

People told me I was crazy

14 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Its brought many tears to my eyes.  Believe it or not, there is a worse story from that same league.  A friend of mine had an open Minor League spot pre draft for another keeper player and decided not to use it as he didnt like his options.  His option he didnt use it on?  Mike Trout

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Ryan Borucki was called up today to pitch for the Jays vs the Astros.  Went to high school in one town over in Mundelein, IL. 

Even with the 32.40 ERA and 4.20 WHIP from Kluber yesterday, managed to come out with a 2.25 ERA and 1.04 WHIP for the day.  Thank the fantasy gods for Severino, Morton, Peralta, and Stripling.  Oh what could have been if it weren't for that fateful 1.2 innings.

Team's actually not bad even with so many injuries this year. The DL slots are always completed filled out. But the problem is me. The streaming of hitters has been a disaster. I reviewed my game log and almost every non-starter hitter that I've streamed has contributed a sub .200 avg. My costanza lineup decisions have cost the team about 10 to 15 points in the standings. Put in what looks like good matchups and they go 0 for 4 most times.

Plus, the top team looks unbeatable. 4 aces and one kind-of-like ace in his rotation (Sale, Morton, Corbin, Price, Bundy) and dominant RPs. By far it's the best pitching in the league. He also has Freeman and Betts and has one of the best hitting squads. In a 16 team league I don't think I have much of a chance. Wanna give up to get better picks next year and to get some younger keepers but there's no one to trade to since no one else has a chance to win and they are also looking to trade veterans for younger keepers.

I guess I will give it another month and see what happens. Maybe if I try to lose my lineup decisions will actually work.