Sign in to follow this  
sspiv

Will Stanton and Judge on same squad cancel one out????? WHIR

I have Judge and the Stanton owner is willing to trade ......I finished in first and he finished 12th....12 team h2h keeper (keep 8) he is asking for a SP/SS or OF and my draft slot at #12 in exchange for Stanton and the #1 slot for the draft.

Will one of them cancel out the other??? or they feed off each other for a huge duo??

my potential  keepers are:

SPs - Kershaw / Sale / Scherzer

Bats - Judge / Correra / Betts / Gordon / Bellinger

other options.... JD Martinez, Benintendi

He has Stanton.....and Altuve.

Could I deal for both Stanton and Altuve???  i would have to deal a SP which i would throw Scherzer in there....

Thoughts.....

Thanks WHIR

Cancel out? That's not how this works, it's not how any of this works.... 

You'd be better off asking him to throw an offer your way, but not sure how you're contemplating trading for him when you have JD Martinez sitting on your bench going back to the player pool. JDM is a stud. 

• Like 3

The way this deal is setting up has the potential to be one of those classic top team rips off the bottom team. As long as you are going into it trying to give the other guy good value then yes I think you can pull both. I agree with sngehl01 though that with JDM and Benintendi going back in I wouldn't mind trying to package two of your keepers for one of those guys. Honestly I'd have a hard time keeping Gordon over Beni or JD regardless of the steals. With that said Scherzer, Gordon, Benintendi and your first for Altuve and the 1.01 sounds like a good deal for you. The way I am looking at it is Benni is getting thrown back, if you deal those three then you keep JDM plust getting Altuve and the top pick is a great deal for you honestly, without grabbing Stanton.

• Like 1

i agree.....i have all those as keeper options.....

yes JD is a stud.... those keepers are not set in stone as i have until end of FEB to turn my keepers in..... One reason why i consider Gordon is that he will lead the AL in steals....and will have a high BA and could get a even bigger bump in runs now being in Seattle.... just a few thoughts. Obviously if JD goes to Boston i will be keeping him and will consider keeping him if he stays in ARZ. Beni could improve on his #s from last season and could be a 5 cat. producer....rolling the dice! 

so..... he has Stanton and Altuve.

so i could deal TWO solid keepers and swap picks for Stanton or even throw an offer for Altuve and depending on who's available could possibly turn around and draft whoever i don't keep ith the first pick.... but i think a solid SP will be available to grab with first pick. But i also like the current set up will i get #12 and 13 on the flip instead of waiting till end of second rd (actual 10th since we keep 8)

Judge & Stanton will both team up and hit over 50 taters between them in 2018. Go get him and flip Kershaw, then after that move Sale for Altuve. And Max for JDM. Then keep Stanton & Jose or Martinez in as last pick. 

1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

Judge & Stanton will both team up and hit over 50 taters between them in 2018. Go get him and flip Kershaw, then after that move Sale for Altuve. And Max for JDM. Then keep Stanton & Jose or Martinez in as last pick. 

Between them?  Or do you mean each...between them would be a pretty disappointing season in all honesty

yes if you mean 50 taters between both of them then i lose on the deal big time. 50 for both....then a different story.

1 hour ago, sspiv said:

yes if you mean 50 taters between both of them then i lose on the deal big time. 50 for both....then a different story.

With as good as you'll be in the power department in dealing for Stanton, as well as how solid you are across the board, I'd send Bellinger this way. Let him take the risk on where Bellinger settles in. That should be a key piece that brings back Altuve. 

Maybe something like Scherzer, Bellinger, Benintendi for Stanton and Altuve. I think that's reasonable. Then I'd keep JDM over Gordon, and just target steals in the draft (that said, you're gonna get 50-60+ from Altuve/Betts, a couple guys like Marte, Eaton, Pollock could really pad that up. You also have enough UMPH in the lineup to be able to take a guy like Billy Hamilton. I prefer Gordon to Hamilton, but I prefer JD Martinez and Hamilton to Gordon and whoever you'd draft). 

Plus, if you get the first pick, you can just pick Dee Gordon back up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sngehl01 said:

With as good as you'll be in the power department in dealing for Stanton, as well as how solid you are across the board, I'd send Bellinger this way. Let him take the risk on where Bellinger settles in. That should be a key piece that brings back Altuve. 

Maybe something like Scherzer, Bellinger, Benintendi for Stanton and Altuve. I think that's reasonable. Then I'd keep JDM over Gordon, and just target steals in the draft (that said, you're gonna get 50-60+ from Altuve/Betts, a couple guys like Marte, Eaton, Pollock could really pad that up. You also have enough UMPH in the lineup to be able to take a guy like Billy Hamilton. I prefer Gordon to Hamilton, but I prefer JD Martinez and Hamilton to Gordon and whoever you'd draft). 

Plus, if you get the first pick, you can just pick Dee Gordon back up. 

I love all of this. That would be a solid offer. 

• Like 1

Damn boys....yes that does sound like a solid offer.

Was just offered this :

I give- Scherzer, Bellinger, Beneintendi and my #12 draft slot

I get in return-  Altuve, McCutchen, Gerrit Cole and the #1 draft slot.

so I could potentially roll with this as keepers....

Altuve

Correra

Betts

Judge

JD Mart

Kershaw

Sale

ONE OPEN KEEPER SPOT LEFT

last keeper possibilities:

BATS

Gordon (I would probably have Steals and runs LOCKED down almost every week.)

Gallo....(don't like K rate / BA)

Victor Robels

Ozzie Ablies

McCutchen

ARMS

G-Cole

B-Snell

W Davis

Giles

Felipe Rivero

THOUGHTS...................

11 minutes ago, sspiv said:

Was just offered this :

I give- Scherzer, Bellinger, Beneintendi and my #12 draft slot

I get in return-  Altuve, McCutchen, Gerrit Cole and the #1 draft slot.

so I could potentially roll with this as keepers....

Altuve

Correra

Betts

Judge

JD Mart

Kershaw

Sale

ONE OPEN KEEPER SPOT LEFT

last keeper possibilities:

BATS

Gordon (I would probably have Steals and runs LOCKED down almost every week.)

Gallo....(don't like K rate / BA)

Victor Robels

Ozzie Ablies

McCutchen

ARMS

G-Cole

B-Snell

W Davis

Giles

Felipe Rivero

THOUGHTS...................

I don't like the deal in a vacuum, but it makes great sense for your keepers. 

I'd push to remove McCutchen and Cole from his side, Benintendi from yours. 

Scherzer, Bellinger for Altuve plus draft pick swap. 

I don't think he will take that......he might go the original...... Scherzer + Benetendi or Bellinger for Stanton.

2 hours ago, sspiv said:

I don't think he will take that......he might go the original...... Scherzer + Benetendi or Bellinger for Stanton.

But that gets you right back to square 1. No real gain for you to do that, you'd be just as well off not doing the deal at all and keeping JD over Scherzer. 

Bellinger's hype train is choo-chooing along pretty hardcore. I wouldn't not do the deal that got you Altuve, but this one (just for Stanton) provides no gain IMO. 

I'd just see what he says before taking the Altuve one. I'd be half tempted to swap Judge back to him for him to send Stanton back with Altuve. I don't like the risk associated with Judge or Bellinger. 

update:

pending trade.....

i give:

Max Scherzer, Andrew Benintendi, Cody Bellinger and Dee Gordon

i get:

Jose Altuve, Giancarlo Stanton and 2 more (i can't remember who the other 2 are since i will not be keeping them.)

no change in draft positions for i get the #12 and 13.

8 Keepers before trade:

1. Carlos Correra

2. Mookie Betts

3. Aaron Judge

4. Cody Bellinger

5. one of JD Martinez or Andrew Benintendi or Dee Gordon

6. Kershaw

7. Sale

8. Scherzer

AFTER TRADE:

1. Jose Altuve

2. Correra

3. Stanton

4. Betts

5. Judge

6. JD Mart.

7. Kershaw

8. Sale

i wanted to trade Max since he is the oldest of the bunch....think altuve and Stanton with my other keepers overall across the board is better than any combo with Bellinger/Benintendi/Gordon

That's not terrible at all given your situation. You get the two best players despite giving up quite a haul. Bellinger's the only one I would be sad to part with, but it's worth it to get Stanton and Altuve.

10 hours ago, sspiv said:

update:

pending trade.....

i give:

Max Scherzer, Andrew Benintendi, Cody Bellinger and Dee Gordon

i get:

Jose Altuve, Giancarlo Stanton and 2 more (i can't remember who the other 2 are since i will not be keeping them.)

no change in draft positions for i get the #12 and 13.

8 Keepers before trade:

1. Carlos Correra

2. Mookie Betts

3. Aaron Judge

4. Cody Bellinger

5. one of JD Martinez or Andrew Benintendi or Dee Gordon

6. Kershaw

7. Sale

8. Scherzer

AFTER TRADE:

1. Jose Altuve

2. Correra

3. Stanton

4. Betts

5. Judge

6. JD Mart.

7. Kershaw

8. Sale

i wanted to trade Max since he is the oldest of the bunch....think altuve and Stanton with my other keepers overall across the board is better than any combo with Bellinger/Benintendi/Gordon

Yeah, I'd gladly do it. Gives you 3 guys who are legit first round picks (altuve, correa, betts), stanton and judge could go there but have been going in the 2nd from what I've seen. Martinez is criminally under rated but puts up 2nd round numbers (disclaimer : when healthy). Kershaw and Sale are 2 of the top arms. 

It's a classic deal of moving depth for the better guys. The deal looks lopsided to some, but for what you gain when it counts (after keepers) it's a good deal. 

37 minutes ago, schulni said:

That's not terrible at all given your situation. You get the two best players despite giving up quite a haul. Bellinger's the only one I would be sad to part with, but it's worth it to get Stanton and Altuve.

1 minute ago, sngehl01 said:

Yeah, I'd gladly do it. Gives you 3 guys who are legit first round picks (altuve, correa, betts), stanton and judge could go there but have been going in the 2nd from what I've seen. Martinez is criminally under rated but puts up 2nd round numbers (disclaimer : when healthy). Kershaw and Sale are 2 of the top arms. 

It's a classic deal of moving depth for the better guys. The deal looks lopsided to some, but for what you gain when it counts (after keepers) it's a good deal. 

agree with both..... I have pulled a few trades over the past couple yrs

during 2016 season....got Kershaw for Dallas K. and C. Seager (had Correra already scooped up).......then before last season started I traded Edwin Enc. and Strasburg for Sale and a throw in rolling the dice on Sale in a new town and Edwin aging....I'm a huge Strasburg fan but figured Sale is a safer play once you figure injury history and current situation.

back to current.......yeah I have delt a big package of keepers but I think the finished product makes my 8 keepers pretty darn strong!!! stronger than my options before the trade...with the stacked bats I could focus on SPs / RPs in draft from the start (round 9) if need be. depends on whos there after all the keepers are figured in....and I still get the 12 and 13 picks.