Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2018 Outlook

In the preseason, Tyreek had 14 targets from Mahomes...and caught all 14 (with 1 touchdown).
In the regular season, Tyreek has had 14 targets...and caught 12 of them (with 3 touchdowns).

That's a 92.9% catch rate. 

11 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Tyreek produced the following numbers in Week 2...

5 catches (on 6 targets)

90 receiving yards

1 TD catch

6 punt return yards

He now has 24 TD's in 33 career regular season games. 

At the end of Week 3 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 7 2017, he was the #2 WR

At the end of Week 8 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 9 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 10 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 13 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 14 2017, he was the #4 WR

At the end of Week 16 2017, he was the #3 WR
(Tyreek then sat out Week 17 2017 along with other KC starters)

At the end of Week 1 2018, he was the #1 WR.

And by the end of Week 2 2018, he'll be the #1 WR.
Chiefs_Steelers_Football_12459.jpg

That’s what you think. Kevin White gonna drop 75 tomorrow. 

• Haha 2

Just now, oliminator123 said:

That’s what you think. Kevin White gonna drop 75 tomorrow. 

Well-played! And that will make him a hot WW commodity! :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

mini Randy Moss

Exactly.  The guy is amazing. Certified..Stamp it...Love it!

4 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Does anybody else worry that his lack of targets, compared to other WR1s, will hurt him in the future?

No b/c he is such an explosive player; he doesnt need a lot of targets to do damage.  Believe he is leading the league in yrds/catch.  He had 0 points heading into halftime and then only needed one half to crack the top WR performances of the week.  He's just faster than everyone else on the field.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Magman said:

No b/c he is such an explosive player; he doesnt need a lot of targets to do damage.  Believe he is leading the league in yrds/catch.  He had 0 points heading into halftime and then only needed one half to crack the top WR performances of the week.  He's just faster than everyone else on the field.

Obviously he's probably the most explosive player in the NFL, but a lack of targets hurts anybody. 14 targets through 2 games isn't exactly ideal.

2 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Obviously he's probably the most explosive player in the NFL, but a lack of targets hurts anybody. 14 targets through 2 games isn't exactly ideal.

7 targets a game equals out to 112 targets over 16 games. Only 22 players had that many targets in 2017. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corleone said:

7 targets a game equals out to 112 targets over 16 games. Only 22 players had that many targets in 2017. 

29 players last year averaged 7 targets or more. Some missed a few games not to make it to 112.

So going by last year, you'd want your WR1 having the 29th most targets per game in the league?

Edited by Singing in Dwayne
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Not probably, be is 100% the most explosive football player in the league.  Yes, people would like more targets, but he was WR5 last year missing a game with 105 targets.

He's fine even with 6 or 7 a game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corleone said:

Tyreek produced the following numbers in Week 2...

5 catches (on 6 targets)

90 receiving yards

1 TD catch

6 punt return yards

He now has 24 TD's in 33 career regular season games. 

At the end of Week 3 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 7 2017, he was the #2 WR

At the end of Week 8 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 9 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 10 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 13 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 14 2017, he was the #4 WR

At the end of Week 16 2017, he was the #3 WR
(Tyreek then sat out Week 17 2017 along with other KC starters)

At the end of Week 1 2018, he was the #1 WR.

And by the end of Week 2 2018, he'll be the #1 WR.
Chiefs_Steelers_Football_12459.jpg

5 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

29 players last year averaged 7 targets or more. Some missed a few games not to make it to 112.

So going by last year, you'd want your WR1 having the 29th most targets per game in the league?

Whether I'd "want" him to get more or not is not relevant to me. He's shown he can produce as an elite WR1 even with the amount of targets he gets (see above quote). Also, he averaged exactly 7 targets a game last year too.

32 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Does anybody else worry that his lack of targets, compared to other WR1s, will hurt him in the future?

This has been the narrative since he entered the league. It's yet to stop him; consider me unconcerned

42 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Whether I'd "want" him to get more or not is not relevant to me. He's shown he can produce as an elite WR1 even with the amount of targets he gets (see above quote). Also, he averaged exactly 7 targets a game last year too.

That's a 1 year sample size where he had statistically the most accurate deep ball passer in the league. Now they added Sammy Watkins to the equation.

Like I said, he's a steal where he was drafted, but IMO there has to be some concern for him to bust several weeks.

1 hour ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Not when he’s catching 90% of them

Anyone watch the full game? I’m guessing he was being bracketed so they took what was available in Watkins and Kelce.

Sure....we'd all love 20 targets per game....but NOT ...GONNA....HAPPEN.....

If the kid can get 14 and make 3 TDs i'll take it.....

Feelz free to drop him....

Don't care. 

Had 105 targets last season and finished as wr4 overall. 

As long as he gives you bunches of fantasy points why do you care?

Finished as a WR2 his rookie year on 83 targets. 

Start this guy every week and thank God you aren't going against him. 

• Like 2

Today was a great day for Hill owners because of two things.

1) Despite not necessarily being the focal point of today's game plan on offense, AND having no catches at halftime, he still had a productive day.

2) the Chiefs offense showed that there is a LOT more to account for than just Hill on this team. This is a huge, huge deal for the rest of the season.

I knew that there would be a game where a defense might just try to take Hill out of the game and it would force the Chiefs to prove how the other weapons can take apart a defense. Well, I believe that happened today. Watkins, Kelce, Hunt, even Conley & others were used effectively. The best part about is that type of game happened today and yet Hill still produced. Defenses are going to have a lot of homework to do to try and contain this offense. It just makes Hill that much more dangerous. 

Cant finish the post without a shoutout to Mahomes. We all knew he had a strong arm, but wow, some of those throws were just insane today. That first Kelce TD, I dont know if many others besides Mahomes and Rodgers can make that throw. The zip and precision on that pass was crazy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

1) Despite not necessarily being the focal point of today's game plan on offense, AND having no catches at halftime, he still had a productive day.

2) the Chiefs offense showed that there is a LOT more to account for than just Hill on this team. This is a huge, huge deal for the rest of the season.

I knew that there would be a game where a defense might just try to take Hill out of the game and it would force the Chiefs to prove how the other weapons can take apart a defense. Well, I believe that happened today. Watkins, Kelce, Hunt, even Conley & others were used effectively. The best part about is that type of game happened today and yet Hill still produced. Defenses are going to have a lot of homework to do to try and contain this offense. It just makes Hill that much more dangerous. 

Cant finish the post without a shoutout to Mahomes. We all knew he had a strong arm, but wow, some of those throws were just insane today. That first Kelce TD, I dont know if many others besides Mahomes and Rodgers can make that throw. The zip and precision on that pass was crazy.

Kelce is gonna pop up on the injury report due to hole in chest. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

Like I said, he's a steal where he was drafted, but IMO there has to be some concern for him to bust several weeks.

I don't know that there's any way anyone could argue with that. If you drafted Hill without knowing that he's perfectly capable of disappearing for games then you haven't been paying attention. But games are won week to week, and every single week he gives you a chance to outright win your matchup. That alone makes him worth starting without any fear of the bust weeks - the ups are well worth the downs. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

EGGSactly !

No frigging way PM is going to hone in on Hill just to get him his FF targets/points...

Even without Andy Reid...PM is the real deal and kid loves the game...so much he bypassed baseball.   He's throwing it to the open guy for the easy-er completion if possible....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DekuTree said:

I don't know that there's any way anyone could argue with that. If you drafted Hill without knowing that he's perfectly capable of disappearing for games then you haven't been paying attention. But games are won week to week, and every single week he gives you a chance to outright win your matchup. That alone makes him worth starting without any fear of the bust weeks - the ups are well worth the downs. 

yup.....at least i don't have to worry that if i make it to the playoffs in FF I'll face Hill throwing up a monster # to beat me.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

That's a 1 year sample size where he had statistically the most accurate deep ball passer in the league. Now they added Sammy Watkins to the equation.

Every player is going to bust a week or two, it happens to the best of them.   All I care about is fantasy points, doesn’t matter how he gets them.  I’ll take the 48 and 20 points he’s put up in PPR so far this year any day from my 3rd round pick.