Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2018 Outlook

Not cool Sammy Watkins, not cool. At least Tyreek is moving against the Jacksonville D. (40 yard run called back on holding call)

13 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Pretty quiet here this week. @NE this week.. thoughts?

Top 5 WR this week.  Don't overthink it.

Idk. BB likes taking the opponent's single best weapon away. You could argue it's Kelce, but letting Tyreek loose would cause much more damage. He still has a good shot to make a big play that saves your week, but I wouldn't expect a monster game against a BB defense.

4 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Idk. BB likes taking the opponent's single best weapon away. You could argue it's Kelce, but letting Tyreek loose would cause much more damage. He still has a good shot to make a big play that saves your week, but I wouldn't expect a monster game against a BB defense.

Don't be shocked if BB has no answers for this offense.

4 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Don't be shocked if BB has no answers for this offense.

BB likes to take the deep ball away, even if it means defending his end zone while the opponent is still on their own 20. BB defense rarely gets beat deep. That said, Hill can catch a bubble screen and go the distance, no doubt. Or he can turn many short targets into a solid fantasy outing. My money this week would be on Watkins and Kelce though.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, frog34 said:

BB likes to take the deep ball away, even if it means defending his end zone while the opponent is still on their own 20. BB defense rarely gets beat deep. That said, Hill can catch a bubble screen and go the distance, no doubt. Or he can turn many short targets into a solid fantasy outing. My money this week would be on Watkins and Kelce though.

FWIW hill beat them pretty bad in the season opener last season.

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

iirc, Hoodie schemed Kelce outta that one, but let Hunt run wild ... this is a much more explosive offense with 'Homie and Watkins joining the fray ... 'freek gonna shake loose.  

with confidence. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

iirc, Hoodie schemed Kelce outta that one, but let Hunt run wild ... this is a much more explosive offense with 'Homie and Watkins joining the fray ... 'freek gonna shake loose.  

with confidence. 

That’s right. Kelce torched them the year before so B.B. said not again...let freak and hunt annihilate them at this expense.  I suspect he try’s to take a more balanced approach this time.  Wouldn’t surprise me if the real winner is hunt again.

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

FWIW hill beat his opponent pretty bad in the season opener this season. 

A very quick note to those in return-yardage leagues: with Thomas out for the season, Hill may resume KR duties.

Edited by BMcP

The line has moved to 59.5 total O/U.  This should be a shootout boys!  Fire up the Reek in all formats.  I believe his splits were better on the road last year, and coming off a quiet week against a good JAX D and coverage from Ramsey, I think he's in a bounce back spot!  Only thing is, NE has been better at home vs. WR the last couple games. 

18 hours ago, BMcP said:

A very quick note to those in return-yardage leagues: with Thomas out for the season, Hill may resume KR duties.

I highly, highly doubt they go back to Hill being the kick returner, punt returner, and full time WR. 

I would actually bet against that happening.

33 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Besides Game 1 he's been fairly underwhelming. I'm sure he hits pay dirt this weekend he's due.

5 catches for 90 yards and a TD isn't underwhelming. If that's underwhelming you might need to reconsider your standards. However, I do agree that in the other three games he has been held in check but he's still averaging 66 total yards in those games which is a very solid floor. 

There really isn't any concern for Hill when you consider his air yardage totals have been above 90 yards in every game and above 100 in three of the five games thus far. The only other receivers with at least 90 air yards in every single game are DeAndre Hopkins and Antonio Brown. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, munde53 said:

5 catches for 90 yards and a TD isn't underwhelming. If that's underwhelming you might need to reconsider your standards. However, I do agree that in the other three games he has been held in check but he's still averaging 66 total yards in those games which is a very solid floor. 

There really isn't any concern for Hill when you consider his air yardage totals have been above 90 yards in every game and above 100 in three of the five games thus far. The only other receivers with at least 90 air yards in every single game are DeAndre Hopkins and Antonio Brown. 

My bad, I don't own him this year so i'm not as on top of his stats, i stand corrected. It's a long season and he'll get his but Game 1 was a absolute explosion Game 2 Pretty decent since then meh.