Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2018 Outlook

Don't the Patriots normally build their defense around taking away your best option?

lol nice job tonight, unless they think holding Kelce to 61 yards was the best way to limit this offense.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Don't the Patriots normally build their defense around taking away your best option?

lol nice job tonight, unless they think holding Kelce to 61 yards was the best way to limit this offense.

The Patriots won so......

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, rex_bulkhead said:

I wonder what Tyreek's value in dynasty is like right now. Still just 24 years old. Mahomes-Tyreek could be one of those all-time QB-WR pairs.

I've seen him ranked within the top 10 WRs consistently. He's usually right around 9 or 10 in most ranks I've seen.  

• Thanks 1

He can win you matchups all by himself.

Top 5 WR1. Enough said. This is why you go through his down games - for explosions like this.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, meverett85 said:

If it wasn't obvious Hill is near impossible to fully contain since it only takes one hesitation or mistake for him to make you pay dearly. Pats actually did fairly well in the first half but fatigue and Mahomes settling down (he seemed a bit too excited in the early going and was overthrowing throws) helped Hill to finally break a few big ones. He seemed to really abuse the zone that Pats tried to play at times and that 75yd TD somebody was clearly out of position entirely allowing him to get an uncontested catch and then a foot race. 

In the latest update for Tyreek in this thread, to give you a sense of where he stands week-to-week...

Tyreek produced the following numbers in Week 6...

7 catches (on 12 targets)

142 receiving yards

3 TD's

In my main league's scoring system (.25 point PPR format for WR's & RB's, .50 point PPR for TE's, 6 points for a TD, 1 point for every 15 receiving or rushing yards, 1 point for every 30 return yards, and 3 point bonus for a 100-yard receiving or rushing game), here are Tyreek's ranks. Every scoring system is different, but it goes to show where Tyreek has ranked across the past two years...

At the end of Week 3 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 7 2017, he was the #2 WR

At the end of Week 8 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 9 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 10 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 13 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 14 2017, he was the #4 WR

At the end of Week 16 2017, he was the #3 WR
(Tyreek then sat out Week 17 2017 along with other KC starters)

At the end of Week 1 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 2 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 3 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 4 2018, he was the #1 WR

And at the end of Week 6 2018, he is the #1 WR (unless Davante Adams has 4 to 5 TD's tonight)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Corleone said:

In the latest update for Tyreek in this thread, to give you a sense of where he stands week-to-week...

Tyreek produced the following numbers in Week 6...

7 catches (on 12 targets)

142 receiving yards

3 TD's

In my main league's scoring system (.25 point PPR format for WR's & RB's, .50 point PPR for TE's, 6 points for a TD, 1 point for every 15 receiving or rushing yards, 1 point for every 30 return yards, and 3 point bonus for a 100-yard receiving or rushing game), here are Tyreek's ranks. Every scoring system is different, but it goes to show where Tyreek has ranked across the past two years...

At the end of Week 3 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 7 2017, he was the #2 WR

At the end of Week 8 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 9 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 10 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 13 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 14 2017, he was the #4 WR

At the end of Week 16 2017, he was the #3 WR
(Tyreek then sat out Week 17 2017 along with other KC starters)

At the end of Week 1 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 2 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 3 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 4 2018, he was the #1 WR

And at the end of Week 6 2018, he is the #1 WR (unless Davante Adams has 4 to 5 TD's tonight)

That's all nice, but I prefer a player who puts up WR1 (or high 2) numbers every week and not that boom or "bust" (that's an exaggeration) that either wins you the matchup or is barely a WR2/3.

5 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

That's all nice, but I prefer a player who puts up WR1 (or high 2) numbers every week and not that boom or "bust" (that's an exaggeration) that either wins you the matchup or is barely a WR2/3.

Good for you!

I'll take the insane upside of Hill all day every day. He's a game changer. Can dig you out of a deep hole, but unlikely to put you in one. 

Play it safe, finish 4th in most your leagues eh?

1 minute ago, thebadferret said:

Tyreek has been the #1 overall WR in 2 of 6 weeks this season already (Week 1 and barring something crazy in MNF, Week 6).

In addition, Tyreek was the #17 overall WR in Week 2. And depending on league size and settings, I'd estimate that up to 7 players ahead of him in Week 2, were not active in *many* fantasy lineups. 

Week 3 was his one bust week this year (2 catches for 51 yards + 5 rush yards). Weeks 4 and 5 were respectable (not boom or bust). 

Overall, feel free to read the posts I've made earlier in this thread about Tyreek's consistency if you still have doubts about him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

I'd like it if all of my WR's and RB's put up those numbers every week as well, but that's not how this game goes.  Considering you could get Hill in the 3rd round, not sure what there is to be disappointed in.

13 minutes ago, Squats&Milk said:

Good for you!

I'll take the insane upside of Hill all day every day. He's a game changer. Can dig you out of a deep hole, but unlikely to put you in one. 

Play it safe, finish 4th in most your leagues eh?

I don't blame you for that. It's a philosophy thing.

Nope, I'm quite successfull in my league. :) 

8 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Tyreek has been the #1 overall WR in 2 of 6 weeks this season already (Week 1 and barring something crazy in MNF, Week 6).

In addition, Tyreek was the #17 overall WR in Week 2. And depending on league size and settings, I'd estimate that up to 7 players ahead of him in Week 2, were not active in *many* fantasy lineups. 

Week 3 was his one bust week this year (2 catches for 51 yards + 5 rush yards). Weeks 4 and 5 were respectable (not boom or bust). 

Overall, feel free to read the posts I've made earlier in this thread about Tyreek's consistency if you still have doubts about him. 

#1, #17, "bust", "respectable", "respectable", #1

That's 2 games - quite the oppisite of consistency, isn't it?

7 minutes ago, soccerphysio said:

I'd like it if all of my WR's and RB's put up those numbers every week as well, but that's not how this game goes.  Considering you could get Hill in the 3rd round, not sure what there is to be disappointed in.

I'm not disappointed in Hill and I don't have anything against him. I just wanted to out myself as liking consistent high players more than this.

2 minutes ago, Squats&Milk said:

Which players do you prefer that are the #1 reciever you could get in the 3rd round?

giphy.gif

#1 WR in PPR I'd take. ^_^

[Removed Cool Story]

As long as he gets targets he will be a top 7 WR ez

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story.
  • Sad 1

[Hey all, we get that Hill's performance last night created many epic tales about how he won you your matchup, or you lost because your opponent had him, etc., but this is not the thread to talk about those things.  Please take these comments over to the CSB or Vent & Rant threads.]

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

I don't blame you for that. It's a philosophy thing.

Nope, I'm quite successfull in my league. :) 

#1, #17, "bust", "respectable", "respectable", #1

That's 2 games - quite the oppisite of consistency, isn't it?

I'm not disappointed in Hill and I don't have anything against him. I just wanted to out myself as liking consistent high players more than this.

So if a WR isnt top 10 every week he is inconsistent? You are going to be disappointed with 99% of players

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

So if a WR isnt top 10 every week he is inconsistent? You are going to be disappointed with 99% of players

If you find me saying this, please quote me ;)

[The following numbers are 1PPR 1PP25RetYrds]

I understand that Thielen is an extreme outlier and especially on the WR Position it's extremely hard to put high numbers week in and week out, but there's a difference between "isn't top 10" and [1, 19, 51, 31, 34, 1] .

But this is going a bit too far for a Tyreek Hill thread. Let's see at the end of the season, where we stand :)  

It's possible to say both that Hill's output is rewarding and exciting on those two monster weeks and disappointing and flaccid on those others - especially for a 2nd round pick, as he was for many people. 

I personally had been disappointed with his recent output and think that this game was largely an aberration considering they were bottling up Kelce. Doesn't mean I won't take it. But looking back, I would have rather drafted Thielen or Michael Thomas.

17 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

It's possible to say both that Hill's output is rewarding and exciting on those two monster weeks and disappointing and flaccid on those others - especially for a 2nd round pick, as he was for many people. 

I personally had been disappointed with his recent output and think that this game was largely an aberration considering they were bottling up Kelce. Doesn't mean I won't take it. But looking back, I would have rather drafted Thielen or Michael Thomas.

Hindsight is 20/20. Some people took cooper.

5 minutes ago, FF4life said:

Sell high.

Look at his upcoming schedule.

Looks good to me. What games are you worried about?

Chiefs defense is swiss cheese. Chiefs will need to always have the peddle on the gas to win.