Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2018 Outlook

26 minutes ago, Pimpin'Texas said:

What's your definition of a "haul" in this case....?

Mark Ingram + WR2

Joe Mixon + WR2

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, WH71 said:

Mark Ingram + WR2

Joe Mixon + WR2

Nobody in their right mind is trading this guy for "just back to action" Mark Ingram +WR2.

On 10/16/2018 at 11:17 AM, WH71 said:

Mark Ingram + WR2

Joe Mixon + WR2

I could see someone going for option 2, depending on who the wr is. I am tempted to sell him, but I would rather pair him with an rb2 or low rb1 and go after Antonio brown or Michael Thomas.

50 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I could see someone going for option 2, depending on who the wr is. I am tempted to sell him, but I would rather pair him with an rb2 or low rb1 and go after Antonio brown or Michael Thomas.

Brown I get because of week to week consistency, but a low end RB1 + Tyreek is still way too much to give. You're giving away a mid to high end WR1 and a low end RB1 for a high end WR1. You should be able to get Brown with a low end RB1 and a WR2 or just a low end RB1 depending on the other teams construction. RBs are so depleted this year they are more valuable than a higher ranked WR. 

I would not sell Tyreek for Thomas at all even if it was straight up (though that is just personal preference and I can easily see it both ways). Thomas has a similar floor but a much lower ceiling when compared to Tyreek.

8 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Brown I get because of week to week consistency, but a low end RB1 + Tyreek is still way too much to give. You're giving away a mid to high end WR1 and a low end RB1 for a high end WR1. You should be able to get Brown with a low end RB1 and a WR2 or just a low end RB1 depending on the other teams construction. RBs are so depleted this year they are more valuable than a higher ranked WR. 

I would not sell Tyreek for Thomas at all even if it was straight up (though that is just personal preference and I can easily see it both ways). Thomas has a similar floor but a much lower ceiling when compared to Tyreek.

I don't think I could trade him anyway. Hes amazing to watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I don't think I could trade him anyway. Hes amazing to watch.

I have him in a keeper league for next to nothing and I don't think there is anything someone could offer me that I would sell him for (realistic offers).

your welcome everyone, I was tired of the nothing burgers, and traded him this week

I traded Hill and Cam for Mahomes, Ridley and Michel

I'm in a 12-team standard scoring league - competitive and trade happy league.

I traded Michael Thomas last week for Sony and TY Hilton and then yesterday I traded Sony and Will Fuller for Tyreek. 

I think I got pretty lucky with both trades and couldn't be happier...

On 9/12/2018 at 1:36 PM, Corleone said:

Latest Tyreek stat I've researched...
Per Pro Football Reference, here are the WR's since 2000, who have at least 20 TD's in the first 32 regular season games of their career:

Scoring
Rk   From To Lg Tm G W L T W-L% XPM XPA XP% FGM FGA FG% 2PM Sfty TD Pts
1 Odell Beckham 2014 2016 NFL NYG 32 12 20 0 0.375                 26 156
2 Tyreek Hill 2016 2018 NFL KAN 32 22 10 0 0.688                 23 138
3 A.J. Green 2011 2013 NFL CIN 32 19 13 0 0.594                 20 120
4 Julio Jones 2011 2013 NFL ATL 32 21 11 0 0.656                 20 120
5 Hakeem Nicks 2009 2011 NFL NYG 32 16 16 0 0.500                 20 120

The above stat was noted after Week 1 of this season. Now that we're through some more games, let's do another check. 
Per Pro Football Reference, here are the WR's since 2000, who have at least 25 TD's in the first 37 regular season games of their career:

Scoring
1 Odell Beckham 2014 2016 NFL NYG 37 17 20 0 0.459                 31 186
2 Tyreek Hill 2016 2018 NFL KAN 37 26 11 0 0.703                 27 162

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Damn, the 30 yard TD dropped cost me, oh well!  Onward Reek!

He did end up catching a shorter TD pass on the same drive though, just 4 plays later :) 

In the latest update for Tyreek in this thread, to give you a sense of where he stands week-to-week...

Tyreek produced the following numbers in Week 7...

7 catches (on 10 targets)

68 receiving yards

8 rushing yards

21 punt return yards

1 TD catch

In my main league's scoring system (.25 point PPR format for WR's & RB's, .50 point PPR for TE's, 6 points for a TD, 1 point for every 15 receiving or rushing yards, 1 point for every 30 return yards, and 3 point bonus for a 100-yard receiving or rushing game), here are Tyreek's ranks. Every scoring system is different, but it goes to show where Tyreek has ranked across the past two years...

At the end of Week 3 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 7 2017, he was the #2 WR

At the end of Week 8 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 9 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 10 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 13 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 14 2017, he was the #4 WR

At the end of Week 16 2017, he was the #3 WR
(Tyreek then sat out Week 17 2017 along with other KC starters)

At the end of Week 1 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 2 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 3 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 4 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 6 2018, he was the #1 WR

And by the end of Week 7 2018, he will be the #2 WR (despite his solid game, Thielen took over the #1 spot) 

Also, Tyreek is currently 1st in receiving TD's, 4th in receiving yards, tied for 10th in catches, and 7th amongst WR's in rushing yards. 

•  
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2018 at 9:42 AM, Corleone said:

The above stat was noted after Week 1 of this season. Now that we're through some more games, let's do another check. 
Per Pro Football Reference, here are the WR's since 2000, who have at least 25 TD's in the first 37 regular season games of their career:

Scoring
1 Odell Beckham 2014 2016 NFL NYG 37 17 20 0 0.459                 31 186
2 Tyreek Hill 2016 2018 NFL KAN 37 26 11 0 0.703                 27 162

And here's an update on this tally as well...per Pro Football Reference, here are the WR's since 2000, who have at least 25 TD's in the first 38 regular season games of their career:

Scoring
1 Odell Beckham 2014 2016 NFL NYG 38 18 20 0 0.474                 33 198
2 Tyreek Hill 2016 2018 NFL KAN 38 27 11 0 0.711                 28 168

Yeah Tyreek is so much better than ODB, almost all the production without any of the frame. ODB is a dirtbag and Reek is a guy who you would say to you child, see that guy? He’s doing it the right way. Emulate him!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Yeah Tyreek is so much better than ODB, almost all the production without any of the frame. ODB is a dirtbag and Reek is a guy who you would say to you child, see that guy? He’s doing it the right way. Emulate him!

Not getting into any of the personal stuff or baggage for either of them...but since entering the NFL in 2016, these are their PPG stats (per the above scoring system from a few posts up on the page):

Tyreek: 12.40 PPG

Odell: 11.43 PPG 

6 hours ago, Krambone said:

i like tyreek as a player but i dont know about that 

you do know he beat up his pregnant gf right ? 

• Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 8:47 PM, munde53 said:

Only WR in the NFL with at least 90 air yards in every single game. 

We all know that has to be fluke though.  1. He's short. 2. He's just a gadget player. 3. His head looks big in a helmet. 4. Watkins is a real WR, Hill isn't.  5. HIll is just a stop gap until next draft, then he goes back to full time special teams, where he belongs.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I had no idea he was a bad guy, beating his lady. Ugh when will it end. Perhaps since I posted at 420  you understand my ignorance. Lesson learned.