Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2018 Outlook

6 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Yea if he has time to put on a sumo suit he should be fine

i thought it was him going trick or treating as Rashaad Pennny ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

In the latest update for Tyreek in this thread, to give you a sense of where he stands week-to-week...

Tyreek produced the following numbers in Week 8...

3 catches (on 4 targets)

70 receiving yards

15 punt return yards

In my main league's scoring system (.25 point PPR format for WR's & RB's, .50 point PPR for TE's, 6 points for a TD, 1 point for every 15 receiving or rushing yards, 1 point for every 30 return yards, and 3 point bonus for a 100-yard receiving or rushing game), here are Tyreek's ranks. Every scoring system is different, but it goes to show where Tyreek has ranked across the past two years...

At the end of Week 3 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 7 2017, he was the #2 WR

At the end of Week 8 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 9 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 10 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 13 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 14 2017, he was the #4 WR

At the end of Week 16 2017, he was the #3 WR
(Tyreek then sat out Week 17 2017 along with other KC starters)

At the end of Week 1 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 2 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 3 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 4 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 6 2018, he was the #1 WR
At the end of Week 7 2018, he was the #2 WR

At the end of Week 8 2018, he was the #2 WR

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 1:03 PM, RonnieRonaldo said:

Hopefully it's nothing serious. 

the Chiefs know much more than us, of course ... no action at the trade deadline, no bringing in street talent ... matter of fact, Rap reports that they are bringing in safeties for a look, no mention of WRs.

now, that doesn't necessarily mean he is 100%, but those signs are very positive that this injury is not gonna be anything long term.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the Chiefs know much more than us, of course ... no action at the trade deadline, no bringing in street talent ... matter of fact, Rap reports that they are bringing in safeties for a look, no mention of WRs.

now, that doesn't necessarily mean he is 100%, but those signs are very positive that this injury is not gonna be anything long term.

For sure.  You can tell a lot from the players a team elevates or brings in for a workout.   Tyreek is one week maybe two.   The chefs have more than enough cooks to keep the orders flowing.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Thanks 1

The Chiefs can let Hill take a week off and not miss a beat. Watkins looked great last game and they can always lean on Hunt/Kelce if needed. It doesn't sound like he'll miss much time, but I wouldn't be surprised if he took a week or two off to make sure he's fully healthy.

On 10/16/2018 at 1:17 PM, WH71 said:

Joe Mixon + WR2

Actually considering doing exactly this trade but he wants Tyreek and Michel for Mixon and Hilton. 

I think people here are slightly overvaluing him in that half of his points came from two weeks. Sure you probably won those weeks but he is no where NEAR the game changer that a top 5 RB is. Guys like Gurley, Gordon, Saquon, and Kamara (maybe even Conner) are virtually guaranteed 15-30 points a week. 

21 hours ago, yanksman said:

Ugh.

I put in a claim for Chris Conley because all my WRs are on a bye this week, but given this news I just waived Conley.

Groin injuries can be tricky as Marshawn Lynch can attest to.  I know that Hill had a full practice yesterday but lets see what he does today and Friday.  If you have room in your league, I would stash Conley.

22 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Groin injuries can be tricky as Marshawn Lynch can attest to.  I know that Hill had a full practice yesterday but lets see what he does today and Friday.  If you have room in your league, I would stash Conley.

It's too late for me to stash him now, but I really don't have the room to stash anyone as I still have several players on a bye. I'm desperate for starters this week. 

37 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I’m a Reek owner and I wouldn’t roster Conley over others if he doesn’t play this week. That offense would flood through Kelce, Hunt, Watkins and then scraps for Conley and company.

30 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

I’m a Reek owner and I wouldn’t roster Conley over others if he doesn’t play this week. That offense would flood through Kelce, Hunt, Watkins and then scraps for Conley and company.

Sounds like you don't need him in your case but if anyone is looking for wr help in a deep league, I think he's worth an add.  Groin issues can be killer for skill position players and they can be easily reaggravated.

19 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Sounds like you don't need him in your case but if anyone is looking for wr help in a deep league, I think he's worth an add.  Groin issues can be killer for skill position players and they can be easily reaggravated.

I think this is being way overhyped considering he got a full practice in and no Q tag. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

I think this is being way overhyped considering he got a full practice in and no Q tag. 

I'm just upset I wasted a waiver claim on Conley. Only losing sucks more than waiving a guy days after claiming him.

5 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

I'm just upset I wasted a waiver claim on Conley. Only losing sucks more than waiving a guy days after claiming him.

You probably didn't even have to use a waiver to claim him. Likely Conley wouldn't have been claimed at all considering he is a nobody. 

On 10/29/2018 at 7:00 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i thought it was him going trick or treating as Rashaad Pennny ...

Still more svelte than Andy Reid...

But yeah, unless you're in a 16 team league where everyone rosters 7 WRs, adding Conley is pointless. There's such a strong group of WRs this year that can be better dart throws than Tyreek's backup. And I think if he can dress himself in a sumo costume after the game, he can play a football game a week later.

Downgraded to "limited" today. I don't think it really means much for his status this week. Obviously it he plays, you start him.