Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, jclee4 said:

I feel like with Watkins out. Tyreek and Kelce are gonna boom tomorrow.

I thought Watkins is questionable, could play??

36 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

I thought Watkins is questionable, could play??

Yeah I don't know where the "out" news is coming from, he's still questionable for all we know.

12 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

Yeah I don't know where the "out" news is coming from, he's still questionable for all we know.

still not definitive, but ...

• Like 1

Not crazy about this game. Vs a far inferior opponent who they won't have to pass much against. Home game which hill doesn't usually put up big numbers in. No sammy Watkins which means more bracket coverage towards Hill. Patrick Peterson. This has all the makings of a 7 point game written all over it. Im actually considering starting Harris over him. 

Edited by yanksman
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Not crazy about this game. Vs a far inferior opponent who they won't have to pass much against. Home game which hill doesn't usually put up big numbers in. No sammy Watkins which means more bracket coverage towards Hill. Patrick Peterson. This has all the makings of a 7 point game written all over it. Im actually considering starting Harris over him. 

Hill hasn't topped 70 yards at home this season I believe but he will get into the endzone this game and I don't see it as deep bomb. Patrick Peterson isn't having his stellar seasons like in the past but I can't justify benching him regarding of any matchup. I like tyreek more with Watkins out, Andy will want to throw a lot early on. 

• Like 2

He is the 7th ranked wideout this week.  So much over thinking.  You start your studs.  Hill is set and forget.  Floor is 13 points in PPR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roughnecker101 said:

Got to hope Az can make a little bit of a game out of it or hope they want pad their stats lol

Game script is possible in the second half.  They have not once altered their offense in the first half this season.  They have not shown anything this year to make you think that they come out and completely change their offense for one opponent.  That is how you lose games.  You do what you know.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Got to hope Az can make a little bit of a game out of it or hope they want pad their stats lol

Reid doesn't let off gas until 50 pts are scored. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leopard said:

Hill hasn't topped 70 yards at home this season I believe but he will get into the endzone this game and I don't see it as deep bomb. Patrick Peterson isn't having his stellar seasons like in the past but I can't justify benching him regarding of any matchup. I like tyreek more with Watkins out, Andy will want to throw a lot early on. 

Where did you see that PP isn’t playing well? Most people say he is playing insanely good this year.

3 hours ago, yanksman said:

Don't do that, man. Seriously. 

12 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Don't do that, man. Seriously. 

He must not watch much kc games. These guys air it out until 4 min left in the 4th no matter what the score. Reid likes to run it up

• Like 1

I love how when this guy scores one TD his chances of scoring a second one go through the roof. Some people might prefer a guy like thielen who’s consistent but I love this man. 

• Like 1

My goodness what a great player, so fun to watch. The Chiefs really need to get him on a long term contract end of season.

Edited by metalmat

On 10/18/2018 at 9:42 AM, Corleone said:

The above stat was noted after Week 1 of this season. Now that we're through some more games, let's do another check. 
Per Pro Football Reference, here are the WR's since 2000, who have at least 25 TD's in the first 37 regular season games of their career:

Scoring
Rk   From To Lg Tm G W L T W-L% XPM XPA XP% FGM FGA FG% 2PM Sfty TD Pts
1 Odell Beckham 2014 2016 NFL NYG 37 17 20 0 0.459                 31 186
2 Tyreek Hill 2016 2018 NFL KAN 37 26 11 0 0.703                 27 162

The above stat was last noted after Week 6 of this season. Now that we're through some more games, let's do another check and keep it at 25 TD's...
Per Pro Football Reference, here are the WR's since 2000, who have at least 25 TD's in the first 41 regular season games of their career:

Scoring
Rk Player From To Lg Tm G W L T W-L% XPM XPA XP% FGM FGA FG% 2PM Sfty TD Pts
1 Odell Beckham 2014 2016 NFL NYG 41 20 21 0 0.488                 35 210
2 Tyreek Hill 2016 2018 NFL KAN 41 30 11 0 0.732                 30 180
3 Dez Bryant 2010 2012 NFL DAL 41 19 22 0 0.463             1   27 164
4 Mike Evans 2014 2016 NFL TAM 41 14 27 0 0.341             1   25 152

In the latest update for Tyreek in this thread, to give you a sense of where he stands week-to-week...

Tyreek produced the following numbers in Week 10...

7 catches (on 10 targets)

117 receiving yards

20 rushing yards

0 punt return yards...but he had an 82 yard punt return TD that was unfortunately called back for a flag (on a block Hill didn't even need for the score)

This will be his **THIRD** week of the season in which he was the #1 WR for the week (Week 1, Week 6, Week 10).

**if Odell or no other WR goes nuts during MNF tonight**

In my main league's scoring system (.25 point PPR format for WR's & RB's, .50 point PPR for TE's, 6 points for a TD, 1 point for every 15 receiving or rushing yards, 1 point for every 30 return yards, and 3 point bonus for a 100-yard receiving or rushing game), here are Tyreek's ranks. Every scoring system is different, but it goes to show where Tyreek has ranked across the past two years...

At the end of Week 3 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 7 2017, he was the #2 WR

At the end of Week 8 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 9 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 10 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 13 2017, he was the #3 WR

At the end of Week 14 2017, he was the #4 WR

At the end of Week 16 2017, he was the #3 WR
(Tyreek then sat out Week 17 2017 along with other KC starters)

At the end of Week 1 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 2 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 3 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 4 2018, he was the #1 WR

At the end of Week 6 2018, he was the #1 WR
At the end of Week 7 2018, he was the #2 WR

At the end of Week 8 2018, he was the #2 WR

And by the end of Week 10, 2018, he will be the #1 WR in total points (PPG he will be #2 behind Thielen)

Edited by Corleone
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Sucks he still has his bye :/

Its going to be after an epic Rams Chiefs matchup though, I can't wait for that game. 

10 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Its going to be after an epic Rams Chiefs matchup though, I can't wait for that game. 

We're gonna get an absolute defensive showing with a total score of 6-3 :lol:

• Like 2